News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Camilla vs Steffi, a Tale of 1914 Memel

• 17 Replies

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
Re: Camilla vs Steffi, a Tale of 1914 Memel
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »
Great story and Background.Still a mature rematch won't Go amiss ????

No rematch.  Memel (and so much else) pre-1914 is gone forever.  No amount of wishing can bring it back.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 07:19:34 PM »
Great story and Background.Still a mature rematch won't Go amiss ????

No rematch.  Memel (and so much else) pre-1914 is gone forever.  No amount of wishing can bring it back.

Actually, I'm not so sure of that. The Alsace Lorraine/Alsace Lotharingen region was one of contention for centuries until the universal Red Menace pretty much forced both nations to not only end a strategic occupation (that of Saarland) but also to open up a partnership and what began as a coal agreement turned into what is known today as the European Union. Unlike Tyrol, Pais Basque or Northern Ireland (to stick with Western examples), it's a success story on how putting aside ancient differences bears the fruit of cooperation.

Yes, Poland, Belarus, Russia, and Germany all looked at the Baltics as their own extension, but as time passed, the contemporary citizens of Klaipèda did not just join the union to become more successful, they also use its common currency, all signs of belonging to a greater common culture.

Memel was discriminative toward its own minority as well as foreigners. It doesn't need to come back. It needs to become Klaipèda that can be called other exonyms without a bottle being broken up or jaws being shattered. The neighbors need to see her past shine and today's glory comes from it being European, a Northern melting pot.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »
Incredible story. I loved it. The historical accuracy added to the flavor of the story. Fantastic job.