News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Changes to the Catfight Story Forum

• 7 Replies

Offline Rocko23

• God Member
Changes to the Catfight Story Forum
« on: January 12, 2019, 09:36:48 AM »
Hi I think the old format we had with just 1 forum was much better than the new massive list of forums. With the larger subcategories it is harder for a a new story to be seen and it is just off putting. Changing it back to the old format would be much better in my opinion.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
Re: Changes to the Catfight Story Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:32:01 AM »
Hi I think the old format we had with just 1 forum was much better than the new massive list of forums. With the larger subcategories it is harder for a a new story to be seen and it is just off putting. Changing it back to the old format would be much better in my opinion.

The site contributors have put a lot of work into the changes, that they had announced and asked for our input. Said changes, which are, as they admitted are still a work in progress have begun after hearing us out, that, in today's world is refreshingly democratic.

There's one option that existed before changes, and still do, namely yo can look into unread topics since your last visit, making thus search for specific topics actually irrelevant.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »
It is actually easier for a new story to be seen especially if you are in one of the lesser used categories. New posts still show up as new post bolding the sub forum with the new posts. Sure it takes a couple more clicks if you  are someone who want to read everything on the site but it does save some people time who say have zero interest in a mixed fight, seeing someone story requests, and/or don't want to see extreme violence. And new threads/posted on threads still go to the top.

One of the complaints writers had with the old system was it was very easy to get buried if you were an unknown and /or in a lesser popular category. If you didn't have people commenting on your thread you were quickly buried by a mix of new stories and older ones with a fan base that constantly commented or the writers who posted their stories in 15 parts spaced over 15 days.. This system mitigates that somewhat.

Also we may find less people angry over being conned into viewing a style they hate with a deceptive story title  "Hottest fight ever " and it is a mixed fight..

And over time authors will figure out where they want their stuff. The default assumption is , unless otherwise indicated, every story is a cat fight. So some stuff was sorted based on title or the fact the writer had done 5 NHB style fights so we assumed their other 35 stories were the same unless the title showed otherwise. 

It is no different than a video  store.. if you name your tale of Amish romance "Vampire" and feature a guy sucking blood out of someone's neck on the cover, don't be shocked if they put it in the horror section first.

And it really isn't that huge a list of styles. Archives are people no longer on the site, general and requests aren't stories (and some people REALLY wanted those away from the stories), Non English isn't a concern for a lot, so that is really 10 categories which break out most of the main fight styles.  Honestly if you were willing to wade through the big pile that the stories were to read anything new a couple more clicks isn't really much more effort.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:02:43 PM by nutmeg »

Offline linftr

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »
Concur with Rocko, the new catfight story arrangement is less attractive.  I think something was  fixed that didn't need the fix. 

It isn't about being right or wrong of course, it is just my preference. 

The old setup was better.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 09:37:57 PM »
We had a lot of complaints about the way the forum was before we made the changes. We had a lot of writers complain about their stories getting lost in the one long list and readers complaining about having to sift through stories that didn't interest them based on the styles they prefer.

As was mentioned on a earlier post we did ask for input from the people who write and read the stories and I personally brought it up in the chat room more than once since a lot of the people who use that chat room also read stories and they felt the same way as most other.

Also we asked the writers to let us know what sections we should put there stories and that if we didn't hear from them that we would assume they were catfights. We only heard from a handful of writers telling us where to put the stories. But rather than just assuming they should go into catfighting we did take the time to read enough of each of the 6,000 stories to put them in the proper sections. That being said if anyone does find a story in the wrong section let us know and we will move them to the proper section.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:25:11 PM by BigDevil »
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 01:08:43 AM »
Also this is something we had under discussion and implementation for a month. So as usual in life, all these defenses of a certain way of doing things comes out after the fact. Personally you want it back the old way pay me 1000 USD for my time and then I might think about it.

As someone one else said just click on see all unread posts to go back to that old school experience of sifting through a pile of posts to find the new stories.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 02:27:57 PM »
I don't read a lot of stories here - that said - I think the new change is a million percent better.

Book stores have categories to make it easier to find the stuff you like. So does Netflix. So does Spotify. So does - like - everything ever!

And since FCF is part of everything ever - they should do it too!

I think the change is great, really appreciate it
trillian: fitzy_j
Discord: fitzy_j#7501

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 09:22:22 PM »
Archives are people no longer on the site....

Just to clarify this, this won't encompass those who had/will have their stories deleted when they removed/remove their profiles would it? Only those that existed after leaving previously? Or would you be/have you been able to retrieve those other stories somehow?

No Any stories deleted are gone for good.