News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

New Chatroom Primer

• 2 Replies

Offline TaekwonGirl

• Distributor of snuggles and ass kickings
New Chatroom Primer
« on: May 15, 2017, 07:50:06 PM »
After chatting with BigDevil, I decided to create this little primer on using the features of the new chat. I decided to volunteer to do this because I frequent another chatroom that's used this same software for a while, so it made sense for me to do this.

If you have trouble logging in or getting something to work, please use the chatroom help topic here.

Before we start, I just want to mention that there will likely be things that the prior chatroom had that this one doesn't. Please keep in mind that chatrooms aren't as popular as they once were, so options are very limited. But also keep in mind that we were maxed out with the old room, and this new one is just starting. Things have improved in just the short amount of time it's been up, and will continue to improve as the staff learns more about it.  The important thing is that we have the speed and stability that we were missing before, and that's more important than what color your name is in the room. In my opinion at least. ;)

If these images vanish, let me know and I'll try to find another place to put them. If you have trouble reading any of them, clicking them will give you a slightly larger version.

Also, if these images look weird at first it's because I use the dark theme. Instructions on how to change that are below.

Basics:
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}
(Settings are saved instantly. Click the little X on the settings tab to close it)
{alt}
{alt}
{alt}

Other things
You can leave the room without logging off. Just click the X on the fcf tab. If you want to come back in, type: /join #fcf (don't forget the #)
You can create a private room. Just think up a name (without spaces) and join it. Example: /join #bethvskaren (again, you need the # in front)
So far there's no file send option, at least not one that I know of. But sometimes if you paste links to images, you can preview them right in the room.
You can't change fonts or colors either.

Once I figure out how to connect with an IRC client, I'll add another primer.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:11:01 PM by BigDevil- »
It's not the size of the girl in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the girl.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: New Chatroom Primer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 08:12:58 PM »
One thing that people who used other clients have noticed that is worth bringing up : You won't necessarily have features exclusive to our client such as profile lookup capability on other clients.

Online BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: New Chatroom Primer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 08:58:43 PM »
For people who would like to use a separate IRC client.

server address: freecatfights.com
server port: 6697
enable TLS!! encryption for the win!!
user: your forum username
pass: your forum password
Have fun and tussle.