News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Question About Upcoming Writing Projects

• 5 Replies

Offline AlexisStreetFighter

Question About Upcoming Writing Projects
« on: September 17, 2019, 07:52:32 AM »
Hey forum.

So now that I have finished writing up the accounts of all the fights I saw my mother in, I'm now ready to finally get around to writing up the accounts of my own fights from when I started working at the strip clubs until today.

However, I have a question to ask all of you...

Would you prefer me to write the accounts of my fights in the 1st person (I, me, my) or would you prefer that I write them together with my boyfriend and we write them in the 3rd person (her, she)?

Any feedback is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:52:51 AM by AlexisStreetFighter »

Offline Rossi

• God Member
Re: Question About Upcoming Writing Projects
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:19:35 AM »
I would say write in the style you are comfortable with. Either is fine just stay consistent throughout.  To answer the question I personally prefer third person. 
Writer of catfight and wrestling stories.

Offline lifeofriley

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »
like your mother fights 1st person

Offline AlexisStreetFighter

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 12:15:31 PM »
like your mother fights 1st person

Ah but see, that's why I asked, because yes, the accounts I wrote about my mother's fights were written from my 1st person perspective, but I wasn't the one in the fights in those stories. As such, for all intents and purposes, the fights themselves were described in the 3rd person, since no one involved in the fights wrote the accounts.

Offline Super Deadly Ham Attack

• Super Deadly Ham Attack
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 12:58:44 AM »
First person, to me it always feels more personal and makes it easier for the reader to identify with you and put themselves in your shoes.

Offline Fortran Wrench

• Friend, writer and morally bankrupt...
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 04:12:28 AM »
I think first person would work really well as you are a character in your own story, and it's told from your perspective. Your writing voice could really come through there.

But ultimately you should always do what feels right for each story. Your instincts - whichever way they go - will be the right choice.
There's no elevator to success. You'll have to take the stairs.