News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Jittery or jumping message boxes related to long posts

• 3 Replies

Offline tomcfstories

• God Member
Jittery or jumping message boxes related to long posts
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:04:26 AM »
Apparently, this has happened to multiple people and HB just helped me solve this and should be documented.  When I made long PMs or long posts to categories (such as posting stories, etc), when the scroll bar appeared due to the length of the message being composed, I started losing control of my editing.  I couldn't highlight properly, the cursor was unstable, I couldn't see text I was typing because the scroll bar wouldn't raise it in to the viewing area of the message box, etc.  Basically, I had to edit elsewhere and copy and paste into the message box for long messages.  I use Internet Explorer 8 and Windows 7.  HB said he has no problem with Firefox but certainly did with Internet Explorer.  He had me try this and it seems to have worked and still is working.  So if anyone has the problem with jittery/jumping message boxes:

1) uninstall Abobe Flash Player which is used by this forum
2) reset IE settings to default
3) reboot your computer
4) reinstall Abode Flash Player

Problem solved!!!  :) :) :) :)  

Go down to 4th post in this thread....that is the real answer I've found
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:51:07 PM by tomcfstories »

Offline tomcfstories

• God Member
Re: Jittery or jumping message boxes related to long posts
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »
Bad news...it worked for about a couple of days, and now the same problem is back.  :'(

Offline tomcfstories

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:29:05 PM »
Bad news...it worked for about a couple of days, and now the same problem is back.  :'(

OK, I think this is the final fix (fingers crossed) and simpler than the first.  If you have the jiggling issue of your cursor, highlighting text, etc in message boxes with scroll bars, and you use Internet Explorer 8, you simply need to click ON the compability view button to the right of the address bar at the top of your IE8 browser.  I tried 4 complete cycles off and on...when compability is off, jiggling and jumpy as far as the cursor goes....when compability is on which means it is acting more like the IE7 version, no problem.

Conclusion:  Apparently, there are bugs between Internet Explorer 8 and Adobe Flash Player 10 and when you drop back down to Internet Explorer 7 simulation, that problem isn't there.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:52:38 PM by tomcfstories »

Offline tomcfstories

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »
Hi, Now that sounds like a lot of technical stuff. Way over my head for certain.  Personally I would prefer to type in a word doc, save it as I go along, then copy and paste into its final resting place, that way  you cant lose too much work, sounds a lot simpler :)
Brit

Hey Brit girl, that is a good suggestion...been there and have done that.  But here are the main problems:
1) color coded text doesn't transfer over from Word to this message box
2) bold-faced print doesn't transfer over from Word to this message box
3) italics print doesn't transfer over from Word to this message box
etc, etc. etc.

Yes, your solution sounds simple and of course that was my workaround but had the flaws listed above plus some more.  What happens if you spot a misspelled word and want to correct it after your copy and paste from Word?  Nope, the answer is the compability view button!  Read the message before yours...you just beat me (NOT physically) before I posted what I hope is the REAL answer!

Take care, Tom
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:45:14 PM by tomcfstories »