News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Beware of leigh82 on trillian

• 2 Replies

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Beware of leigh82 on trillian
« on: November 06, 2022, 12:44:31 AM »
There is someone going as leigh82 on trillian pretending to be long time member ashleighc including using her pictures.

This id contacted me as if we are old friends which is like someone claiming the be Lee Harvey's Oswalds kid wanting to have a friendly chat with the Kennedys.

A bit of research and I found out this person is pulling the same scam on other mods. I have chat logs where she tells one person her trillian is leigh82 and in a chat with a mod pretends they are different people.. hmm wonder why? Get the feeling someone is trying to pull some scam?

You also may notice the real Ashleigh's id hasn't been here for two years and has a different trillian. This scammer id (call her yellow haired coinage...you may be able to figure it out :) ) also likes to tell everyone how much she hates me. So what sort of nefarious purpose was this posing as Ashleigh for then, my fair haired pence friend? Am I such an interesting conversation you have to get around all the blocks I already have on your ids?

It did give me a good chuckle when I figured out who it really was 5 minutes later tho.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 12:49:48 AM by Nutmeg »

Offline ThickMel

Re: Beware of leigh82 on trillian
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 08:04:37 PM »
She contacted me in the chat room as 3 different people in a matter of 2 or 3 days.  I'm not sure if she couldn't remember giving me a different name or what.  When I asked her about the confusion, she claimed to be a friend and was just using the profile but giving me different Trillian IDs that she wanted to connect with me.  I told her I wasn't interested in talking to her since she seems to be so misleading.  Even after that, she has continued to try and engage with me every time I go in the chat room.  I just ignore her.  She did send me the connection request as leigh82 and another id also along with the one that matches her ID here.  I did not accept any of them.   

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Beware of leigh82 on trillian
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 08:14:48 PM »

This scammer id (call her yellow haired coinage...you may be able to figure it out :) )

Hmmm..I'll take scammers for $800. Who is golden-coiffed, one-cent?? Kind of looks like Honest Abe?

That's a bingo