News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Shot boxing is a very tough sport

• 8 Replies

Offline Kateintense

• God Member
Re: Shot boxing is a very tough sport
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 08:13:10 AM »
this is very good! I love that in japan they seem to do better at the boxing element in kickbox. boxing in MMA and most Western fights is often poor because the fighters don't know boxing and/or the range you need to kick messes up the punching range. Look at Rousey vs Holms - or any fight where rousey gets well punched and you will see how limited MMA women can be in boxing.
Here they do have some real boxing skill, and throws seem to win points like in judo. It reminds me of 19th cent. London Prizefight rules where  the punching was bareknuckle, no kicking or choking allowed, but wrestling type throws were allowed without grappling when down. You got a 30-count to get up and 'come to scratch'. THIRTY seconds to get up??  Easy peasy right?  a-nope! the catch is there was no limit of number of rounds. Some fights went over 50rounds. You just kept blasting til a fighter couldn't get up for a long time. In modern pro boxing  the rounds are limited to 3 min, and usually 12 rounds, with a 10 count.

Offline Markleilani

• God Member
  • I'm trying to put together all of Macbeth's work.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 04:32:23 PM »
Rena is special, fun to watch.

Madusa did legit kickboxing early in her career in Japan.

Offline Goodluck

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 06:30:45 PM »
Rena is special, fun to watch.

Madusa did legit kickboxing early in her career in Japan.
Yeah was just about to say this, Rena has skills.

Offline Led2

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 10:17:15 PM »
Rena is a class act. I'd never even heard of her before or the sport of shoot boxing so thanks for sharing.
Love watching women cat fight

Offline LiLMrs_

• LiLMrs.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 12:24:54 AM »
Rena meets her match

Rena Choked out by LINDSEY VANZANDT (rear-naked choke) June 14, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MsspSICELM
]

Rematch:

RENA KUBOTA TKO's LINDSEY VANZANDT (corner stoppage) December 31, 2019    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk4fIWIPPUk

Offline tomboy999999

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 11:01:25 AM »
To follow up on Kateintense's comments about London prizefights, they were indeed very rough hence the development of the Queensbury rules for boxing.

Female fights  were recorded in  19th Century England . I doubt there were many but at one annual fair the rules were to have to hold coins in your fingers when boxing. Anything  went but you had to keep those coins off the ground to win.

Offline tomboy999999

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »
Another really god shooto here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar2jQeyIePU

I am always amazed at the stamina and aggression of Japanese female fighters. Its 20 minutes of full on punching, kicking and throwing but they never let up

Offline Kateintense

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 07:05:01 PM »
To follow up on Kateintense's comments about London prizefights, they were indeed very rough hence the development of the Queensbury rules for boxing.

Female fights  were recorded in  19th Century England . I doubt there were many but at one annual fair the rules were to have to hold coins in your fingers when boxing. Anything  went but you had to keep those coins off the ground to win.

yep tom, I just didn't want to get too long winded and seem to be displaying my boxing knowledge. But what the hell. this group could use a thread for actual fighting. Holding a coin was not at just at an annual fair- it was a thing, and IMO it was yet another a way of not taking women fighters seriously. a guy named John Chambers did the major work on revising the London Prize rules to be less brutal, but he didn't get the credit cuz and aristocrat, the ninth (i think, or 6th..lol) Marquess of Queensbury was the patron of the London Athletic Club that promoted the rules.  chest punches are legal - legal now in standard rules fights  (but a foolish waste of a connection) cuz they couldn't imagine women doing sanctioned fights. bareknuckle was so frowned on that a secret train ride was organized in the USA to take fans to an undisclosed fight location. the top ot the card went over 70 rounds I think- til the loser was a bloody pulp. more than SEVENTY rounds!  Fighting with your fists-gloved or ungloved - is the PRIMAL  essence of FIGHT,  Also people dont' get that boxing is a harder fight than fistfights. The sport is an art form.
 Anyway -there are barefist promotions now- like https://www.bareknuckle.tv/  they do some women's fights, folks like Bec Rawling and even page vanZant is getting into it to build up her MMA visibility and prove she  has the goods.. like to see the real deal of real women really fighting? check out WBAN or a really unusual one--  theglowingedge.com "Boxing Rock Laundry" gotta love it :)  the REAL deal for sure