News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

deviantart access

• 5 Replies

Offline sidekick

• God Member
  • I love catfights.
deviantart access
« on: October 23, 2020, 07:29:43 PM »
Does anyone know how to get the attention of the admins at Deviant Art?  I had an account there a long time ago which I let go dormant. The username/email address I used for the account no longer exists. So I figure I have to just register a new account - right? 

My new email address is in the iname.com domain. And the deviant art website apparently thinks that is not a valid domain. But I can't seem to find a way to communicate with the admins to ask for assistance.

I really don't want to create another email account just because their dumb website doesn't know a valid domain when they see one.

Cheers,
sidekick

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: deviantart access
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:26:22 PM »
Maybe others can find out (or have higher access from being active there to know) but looks like all their help/support team interactions is via support tickets versus actual contact or emails. This is their advice on an email address not being accepted:

"This software uses an email provider to register a high volume of DeviantArt profiles for the purpose of posting unauthorized advertising and other similar activities.
These issues often occur with email providers who specialize in temporary or disposable email addresses.
What can I do?

If you were trying to use a temporary or disposable address to create your account, switch to an address from a more reputable email provider. "

So I get the feeling even if you can contact someone you won't get much help.

Offline sidekick

• God Member
  • I love catfights.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 08:36:44 PM »
Thank you.  I suspect you are exactly right. I'm not going to get any help from them. Seems like they want to only recognize the domains they prefer. All I'm trying to do is protect my privacy. I don't do anything else on the net in the iname.com domain. But the email address is perfectly valid. I don't know why they should care. I'd love to say "it's their loss".  But unfortunately it's mine also.  :(
sidekick

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 08:47:20 PM »
From what I can tell they tend to block domains where they are gotten automated ad software trying to add accounts then spam. That could be the case here. Which does the legit users no good.

Be nice if they had a list for the public of which ones are blocked so some poor bastard doesn't go through a dozen email providers before finding one Deviantart likes.

Offline Pedromalone

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 09:38:26 PM »
Well as an admin on one of the groups at the aforementioned site I got to say that my go to e-mail has always been Hotmail.com which did get changed to live.com  this is the MSN Outlook service.

What type of art do you have sidekick? if you are making fighting art and stuff I would love to have some of your works in one of the groups I run on the Deviant Art site, if you can get in.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 09:56:40 PM »
If I were trying to protect my privacy I would jump on a VPN and register a email address they will accept.
Have fun and tussle.