News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Lynda Carter vs Farrah Fawcett-Majors fistfight

• 25 Replies

Online sinclairfan

• God Member
Re: Lynda Carter vs Farrah Fawcett-Majors fistfight
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2020, 12:05:47 PM »
INTERVIEWS

JL:  Good morning, America.  This is Joan Lunden.  My colleague Donna deVarona is getting ready to interview Farrah Fawcett, but I'm here, as you see, with Lynda Carter.  Lynda, we can see you have marks under each of your eyes, and a scratch on your neck, and your right pinkie in a splint, it looks like ....

LC: .....[holds up bandaged pinkie] Yeah, well, Farrah's face did quite a number on my hand, ya know? ....

JL:  Funny, you've obviously recovered from the fight enough to laugh....Congratulations, by the way on the victory.... Donna and I were just mesmerized by the intensity of the fight.

LC:  Well, thank you for that.  And I do hope there's a way Americans can someday see the video of the fight.

JL:  And let's get right to that part of the fight, when Farrah's top came off.  That was accidental, correct?

LC:  Well, the whole early part of the fight was a series of tactical errors by Farrah, in my opinion.  The first was ..... if there's a way to put our tank tops side by side ..... there, you see how mine goes underneath my boobs, that elastic part?  Hers has no grip under her bust, it's just hanging loose.  So, poor wardrobe choice by her .... or her people, whatever.

JL:  So the top you chose.... you've used it, or one's like it, for prior fistfights?

LC;  Ha!  Smart question, Joan, I better be careful here.  No comment on other fights until the end, ok?  I'm hdre to discuss my fight with Farrah.

JL:  Ok, I'll be sure to leave plenty of time at the end.  Now ..... you mentioned mistakes bu Farrah ....

LC:  That's right, now look on the ground there.  They've got this thick, plush, white shag carpet .... which by the way had padding underneath it .... ok, ABC is obviously anticipating ..... encouraging, even, .... our fight to go to the ground ..... they want us rolling around ..... with the white background so she and I stand out on it ..... now, when a girlfight goes to the ground, the girl with the stronger legs has the advantage .... and I think Farrah decided she didn't want her legs going against mine, so she was going to keep our fight standup .....

JL:  Which was fine with you??

LC:  I actually .... I though we'd fall to the ground at some point, and I will admit I'm sutprised it didn't happen till the ending .....

JL:  Ok, we'll get to the ending ..... I just feel like I need to ask .... when your own top came off .... THAT was intentional .... an intentional move by Farrah, correct?

LC:  I would say yes .... but it's not like she couldn't hit my boobs while the top was still on, right?

JL:  Ok, so good point ....   WAS she hitting your boobs before your top came off?  And after.

LC:  Before.  After.  And I was getting her, too.

JL:  And, at the end of the day .... any impact on the fight outcome?  And how were you feeling about the fight outcome as the fight progressed?

LC:  Well, I was confident .... but not cocky .... before.  I hope I made that clear in my Barbara Walters interview.  But, yeah, once Farrah was keeping the fight standup, I knew she ..   or whoever was coaching her ..... had made a judgment to not let my legs come into play, and so she was afraid of my ground game.

JL:  Any speculation of where that coaching may have been coming from?

LC:  [looks into camera] Well, we know her husband Lee knows a thing or two about stunts.  [sticks out tongue]  How about it, Lee?  Now that I kicked your wife's ass, how about we spend some time at your family's place in Texas?  Some alone time?

to be continued....

Online sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
FARRAH INTERVIEW

DdV:  This is Donna deVarona, here with Farrah Fawcett.  Farrah, I'd like you to recap the injuries you sustained in the fight, but first an explanation to our viewers for the abrupt cut to commercial during Lynda Carter's interview.  ABC's producers are willing to give Lynda and Farrah wide latitude in discussing fighting; but we've just now reminded them that they're on live broadcast television, and that any remarks or gestures of a vulgar or sexual nature cannot be allowed.  Now, Lynda's representative just now has informed us that Lynda's comments addfessed to Lee Majors were clearly intended as humorous ....

FFM:  Which is clearly a load of bunk.

DdV: ..... but whether humorous or not, will result in an end to these interviews if repeated.  Farrah, a lot of ground to cover.....you look tired, but otherwise, if I might say, none the worse for eear crom Wednesday's fight.  The rumor mill has it you received medical treatment....

FFM:  Ya, ha, want to know what my medical treatment was for Donna?  Disinfectant, for scratches.  Lynda scratched by scalp, my boobs,...  that's it, 28 minutes and all she could do was scratch me and bloody ny nose.  You know the saying "You should see the other girl"?  SHE was the other girl in our fight.  I know it, she knows it, the camera knows it.  It's on film.

DdV:  And, like I said, Farrah, I can vouch for you looking quite ... feisty ... right now ..... even at the end?  Because Lynda looked like she was getting some shots in once she mounted you.

FFM:  That ending was Lynda the actress, putting on a show so she and I would get separated.  Did you ever hear me say "I give"?

DdV:  I was actually listening for that, and no I didn't.

FFM:  Well, there you have it then.

DdV:  Farrah, before Lynda's interview got cut off, she made reference to you having a strategy to not have the fight go to the ground .... that you wanted a standup fight because you were afraid of her legs ...

FFM:  Ok, I was not afraid of her legs ....  or ANYTHING about Lynda Carter....and, I might add, even after fighting her, still am not ....which speaks volumes, I think ..... the thing about a ground fight is ...  once it goes to the ground, it just tends to stay on the ground ...  right, if two high school girls go yhe ground, their friends will separate them and have them start again..... but Lynda and I had no one to restart us ..... so, I just wanted to keep the fight's momentum going .... and anyways, she had the option to get our fight on the ground .... any woman can take down any other woman duting a fight, she knows that ..... I think it just became a stubborness thing as our fight progressed.  Until the end.

DdV:  And about that end .... you're telling America that you weren't licked at the end, that you still had fight left in you when you two were separated?

FFM:  That's what I'm saying.  Lynda made it look like she was beating me up before I could get up.  I was just letting her wear herself out.  She's the one with two black eyes, not me.  If this was the next morning at school, the whole school would look at the two of us and think I won the fight.

DdV:  So, you'd fight her again.

FFM:  I would NOT fight her again.

DdV:  Would NOT.  Or, let me correct that, would not fight her as my next fight.  I'd give someone like Morgan Fairchild or Stephanie Powers a shot first.  Because this whole drama was obviously just a ruse by Lynda ..... and, everybody knows she just had a bad breakup .... Lynda was just acting out a sick,  immature crush she has on Lee Majors.  She stalks his family in Texas, everybody knows it.  Sick.  Sick.  Sick.  I'll fight Stephanie first, then maybe Lynda.

DdV:  So, there's nothing going on between Lynda and Lee?

FFM:  Nothing.  She imagined it all in ber head.

DdV:  When we come back, Lynda Carter gets the last word.

Online Dan Zone43

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2020, 12:10:42 AM »
Love this fight...new way to write it.  Maybe a full description of the fight in the future.  Who is next for Lynda Carter?

Offline Patrick

• God Member
  • No, that is NOT me !
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2020, 05:56:55 AM »
... Catherine Bach ? ... Loni Anderson ?

Offline snw

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 06:32:31 AM »
Lynda and Lee just have to be caught on hot mic with them discussing how hard it made him watching her kick his wife’s ass. On video at that.

Offline snw

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 06:33:55 AM »
Oh and ever since the episode of the Incredible Hulk where Loni was a karate expert who killed a woman with her bare hands I’ve dreamed of her kicking ass.

Online sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2020, 11:09:09 AM »
INTERVIEW, LYNDA CARTER

JL:  I'm back here with Lynda Carter.  Lynda, I don't know about you, but I was a bit surprised to hear that Farrah would not fight you again, at least not next, but that she mentioned Stepanie Powers and Morgan Fairchild.  Thoughts on either of those matchups?

LC:  Well, for sure, Farrah needs a win to redeem herself.  The single biggest reason she and I found it in ourselves to dig deep and go at it for almost a half hour was the humiliation of being the fight loser, and Farrah is today tasting that humiliation.  Stephanie and Morgan though, from what I understand of their background, are more West Coast girls than deep South.  I don''t know that they would throw fists the way Farrah and I did, especially in the final half of our fight.  And I find it interesting that Farrah is calling out the loser of the "McCloud" catfight, not the winner, Linda Evans.

JL:  You're referring to the scripted catfight on McCloud that Stephanie Powers and Linda Evans had?

LC:  Yes, it speaks to Farrah's mindset right now--trolling for a weak girl to bully, rather than an equal.  i'm hoping ..... certain others ....  will see her exposed as not being a true alpha.

JL:  Careful, Lynda, we don't want the censors cutting us off again.  How about you, Lynda, if you were to fight again on ABC?  Who's a worthy opponent?

LC:  Well, again going back to the high school example .... certainly if Loni Anderson showed up in class one day, or at the Homecoming dance, she and I would be testing each other almost immediately.  What exactly are her intentions?  Is she dating the football players?  the townies--you know, the older boys who have already graduated?  In other words, is she going to be circulating in circles where she and I can give each wide berth, or are we going to be stepping on each others' toes?  If the former, maybe we can peacefully coexist.  If the latter, we're probably headed for a fist fight.

JL:  So, what you're saying is, you're paying attention to her career right now--is she taking on action-adventure roles, or is comedy, like on WKRP her niche.  Because so far it's been the latter, correct?

LC:  That's correct, and if she knows what's good for her, it will reain the latter.  For example, ..... , and this is the only other actress I'll mention by name, .... for example, you'll notice the way Cathy Lee Crosby gravitated to hosting, and away from scripted acting.  That was a ...... smart move by her.  It's like the high school girl who stops sitting at the alpha table at lunch because she can't keep up.  She goes to the beta table, and is the big fish in that pond ..... but it's still a pond--not the ocean.  Works out best for all involved.

JL:  I see, fascinating.  I did notice what you're seeing with regards to both Cathy Lee's and Loni's career progression.  I had no idea there might be other things going on behind the scenes.  Now, back to Lynda Carter, though.  What's next for Lynda.

LC:  Well, first I have some ....  off-camera ..... business to take care of.  To claim the winners' purse from my fight.  And, Farrah, [faces camera] if you have a problem with that, you know where to find him and me.  Unless, .... unless you're too busy taking on little girls like Stephanie Powers.  But, whatever, .... your choice.  I'm ready either way.

JL:  And that's all the time we have this Friday morning.  Have a good weekend everyone.  On Monday, David Hartman will be joined by former Georgia Governor Jimmy Carter. 

THE END

Offline snw

• God Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2020, 03:29:56 PM »
Loved this. Hopefully it’s not the last of this dues or interviews.

Offline al2468

• God Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2020, 04:23:48 PM »
enjoyed your format and story very much. perhaps you can add photos next time to enhance the whole story line..keep up the good work.

Online sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2021, 12:41:39 PM »
June 2021 update

Maria Taylor> Good evening, this is Maria Taylor, and I'm here with the lovely Lynda Carter.  Lynda, in light of the new Netflix special on Farrah Fawcett, you had some thoughts on her passing, twelve years later, and what new light that might shed on your famous 1976 fistfight with her.

Lynda Carter> That's right, Maria, thank you to you and ABC for the opportunity.  What I wanted to say to Farrah's loved ones and families is that my heart goes out to you for Farrah's untimely passing in 2009.  I recently lost my husband and love of my life, Robert Altman, to cancer, and I know it opens a hole in your heart that can never be filled.  My sincere condolences to all of you, despite the tension between Farrah and myself.

MT> So there was still animosity between the two of you, even to the end?  Did either of you ever reach out to the other?

LC> Neither one of us ever did.  Honestly, there wasn't much to talk about.  The video of our fight explains better than words ever could, I think, about our feelings for each other.  We were destined to be like two scorpions in a bottle--two actresses always seeking to occupy the same space in pop culture.  Even when we entered our forties and fifties, we did that together.  We both retained our looks and our sex appeal, so we were always the two finalists for the same roles.

MT> I take it you watched the Netflix special on Farrah?

LC> I did.  There's a description in the special about a time in Corpus Christi were an assailant dragged Farrah into a bush and tried to assault her, and Farrah fought him off.  That definitely rang true--a tough, tough cookie.  A true Texas girl.

MT> You mentioned Robert Altman.  What did he think of your fight with Farrah.

LC> Oh, he loved it!  Especially since I won.  We would watch it together in bed all the time.  It would spice up the evening.  I miss watching it with him.

MT> So you'll stop watching it now?

LC> Oh, he'll no, never.  I kicked Farrah Fawcett's ass!  I'm watching that for as long as my eyes will let me.  I'm so glad I took the chance.

MT> Lynda, we're out of time.  Thank you.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2021, 01:51:32 PM »
I came brutally late to the party, and as you know I love your stories and the ton of work you put in them. It's exactly why I'm a bit surprised at your choice here. I thought it was a well-known fact that Majors abused Fawcett during their marriage to the point it even caught the attention of her fellow costars. Personally, there are a few celebrities, about whom if I knew they suffered abuse, or paid for the crimes of their parents (Leighton Meester was born in prison), I usually exclude them from a roster.

Then again, that is just my humble opinion.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople