News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Formatting

• 3 Replies

Offline Corvus

• God Member
  • Erotic fights are ...erotic! Trillian: corvustriad
Formatting
« on: August 06, 2023, 10:15:34 PM »
God knows I love reading a good story here, and I appreciate the effort it takes to write one. But I'm finding myself skipping over stories where there are no paragraph breaks. A single unbroken block of text isn't easy to deal with.

I know that people may be copying and pasting from a text editor where the pasted text doesn't include the breaks, or they might be unfamiliar with it. But one can still go into and edit the story and put them in and save it.

Thanks for listening.

Offline bigfan877

Re: Formatting
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 04:35:11 AM »
For those having that issue, I use the Google Docs and it does copy over the formatting. It's free with your google account too.

Offline Abacust

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 11:08:46 PM »
You can also use AI now to fix everything. ChatGPT will not likely work but you can use chat.lmsys.org and pick Vicuna33 for the model so it won't complain.

Offline Tiberius J.C.

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 01:15:03 PM »
God knows I love reading a good story here, and I appreciate the effort it takes to write one. But I'm finding myself skipping over stories where there are no paragraph breaks. A single unbroken block of text isn't easy to deal with.

I know that people may be copying and pasting from a text editor where the pasted text doesn't include the breaks, or they might be unfamiliar with it. But one can still go into and edit the story and put them in and save it.

Thanks for listening.
I have the opposite concern: whether double-spacing between paragraphs as you've done here and I did the other day, which makes for a neat and clear layout on a computer screen, isn't a massive inconvenience to people reading the texts on their phones, where they probably find themselves constantly having to scroll – especially if there's a lot of dialogue. In future, I think I'll single-space lines of dialogue and double-space between longer paragraphs (provided I'm sufficiently sober to remember …)