News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Favorite Finishers

• 3 Replies

Offline randomman

Favorite Finishers
« on: December 10, 2020, 07:23:03 PM »
I like to classify/organize things, and I was working on a list of general finishing moves for various kinds of fights.  I wanted to make sure I had all my bases covered and to ask what everyone's favorites are.

There are 4 broad categories.  Strikes, Holds, Slams, and Drivers.

Strikes are, well, heavy blows that knock out an opponent.  Punches, kicks, elbows knees, and so on. 

Holds have a WIDE variety to go by and are either to elicit pain/humiliation or knock out a foe.  Knockout holds include Chokes/Strangles, Bear Hugs, Claw Holds, Sleepers, Smothers, Back Breakers, Scissors, and Figure Four head/body scissors. 

Submission Holds cover a LONG list of things.   Clinch Holds (Bear Hug, Collar Tie, Overhook, etc), Pins (Grapevine, schoolgirl, Cradle, Stack), Join Locks (Neck, Nelsons, Spine, Armlocks, Leglocks, Compression Locks (pressing muscle onto bone -- Achilles, Biceps, and some Leg locks), Chinlock, and Headlock among them.

Slams are the next broad category.  We get a lot from pro wrestling where you toss an opponent up/to the ground.  Back Breakers, Chokeslam, Powerbombs, Snapmare, Suplexes, etc.

Finally, Drivers -- like slams, but the target goes head first.  A lot of variants to this one.  Piledriver is the most famous, but not the only one.

So, what are your favorites types or groups of holds/finishing moves?  What do you want to see more of?

Offline griffin

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
Re: Favorite Finishers
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 08:45:05 AM »
My favorite holds are bearhugs, back breakers, and pins.

Offline caryn1

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 10:27:14 AM »
matchbook hold and surf board and bow and arrow
to my regrets i have had to give up real fights because of injury

Offline BarbaraUK

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 01:12:12 AM »
Knee to the face, gotta be  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUegMltc9Y4