News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Imagined Alternative Film Catfights

• 14 Replies

Offline tangocash123

Imagined Alternative Film Catfights
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »
Hello,

Has anyone watched a catfight in a film that they wish could have been done differently, say with an unlimited budget and
minimal interference from the censors? Perhaps it could have gone further (longer, dirtier), been more explicit (less or more skimpy clothing, nudity) or the scenario had been slightly different?

A few example I've thought of (and more!) in my fevered imagination over the years are:

1) "From Russia With Love": I wish the gypsy girls had continued to disrobe, beyond removing their shawls, to reveal the beautiful
   naked bodies. They would then crash together in squealing, writhing, clawing fight that went backwards and forwards for a
   long time until one was triumphant.  I would keep the fantastic music score "girl trouble" since this add to the  intensity and
  eroticism of the scene.

2) "True Lies": The catfight between Juno (Tia Carrere) and Helen Tasker (Jamie Lie Curtis) in the back of the out-of-control
   limo was fantastic; both women with great figures and a spirited tussle to boot! Again, in my alternative film version, they
   would have fought for longer and lost most of their clothing in the struggle. It would a closely contested  sexy struggle as their
   scantily clad bodies writhed around on the back seat of the limo until a battered (and nearly nude) Helen was rescued from the limo.

3) "Zardoz" The scene where Zed (Sean Connery's Character) is being experimented on by the Elementals in order to induce a sexual
   "response" by playing him erotic imagery. In the film one of them is an (all too short) film of two naked girls fighting in mud.
   In the film all these fail to arouse Zed and instead he is aroused by the Elemental testing him. In my imagined film version,
   it is the fighting girls that arouse him and what follows is series of experiments to explore his desires further (in the
   name of science of course!) showing him more catfighting imagery or the Elementals using their psychic powers to induce in him
   hallucinations of girls catfighting for, or over, him -  lots of soft focus 70's beauties catfighting in surreal surroundings!

Offline Bear

• God Member
Re: Imagined Alternative Film Catfights
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:32:00 AM »
In the book "From Russia With Love" the fight does continue until both women are naked. 

Offline 1000castaway

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 03:56:50 AM »
Hell yea I hate when the a movie is based on a beef between two women through out the whole movie and when its finally time to get down it ends in a gunfight or a one punch ko
catfights and more catfights

Offline 1000castaway

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »
I wanna see a full on catfight!!!

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:14:29 AM »
The Barfly, Faye Dunaway vs Alice Krige fight is way too short.

In Beverly Hills 90210, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen asked Jennie Garth to step outside.  Jennie Garth said she'd love to, but then no fight ever happened.

In Melrose Place, Heather Locklear and Courtney Thorne-Smith never resolved their many issues, and Rena Sofer and Jamie Luner got broken up just as their fight was getting interesting.

In Dallas, Victoria Principal and Priscilla Presley never had a badly-needed catfight over Bobby.

In Dynasty, Linda Evans never confronted Ali Mcgraw for an affair with her husband.

In Toy Story, Bo Peep disappears after the Toy Story 2 and deprives us of an epic catfight with Jessie the Cowgirl.

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »
There are some things I definitely don't like to see in the catfights in the movies.  Most end too fast or with a decisive single blow.  I have seen a number of catfights over the years.  I have never seen a woman KO a foe male or female with a single punch.  Most are broken up fairly quickly, but the few that have gone the distance have not ended with a KO even after a long battle.  They end with one sobbing her submission to the victor.  Also not a big fan of the Karate fighting in the movies.  Probably a little sexist on that.  It isn't that I mind it, but most of it is pretty staged.  I know it is the style of the movies, but lets see something just a little realistic.  Barfly, From Russia with Love, and True Lies are all great examples of how women fight.  Nothing wrong with them loosing a bit of clothing >:), but in reality it doesn't happen very often.  Most clothing is surprisingly difficult to tear.

Some movies that I think should have been handled differently...

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Princess Leia should have fought Oola for the position of Jabba's favorite dancer (He only has room for one favorite dancer).  The looser is fed to the Rancor (Oola fed to the Rancor with horrified Leia looking on in disgust).

Star Trek, Mirror Universe Episodes - The women of the Mirror Universe are Mean, Nasty, and willing to do anything to climb the ranks of the Terran Empire... except catfight.  With the exception of one episode of Enterprise where Tpol fights Hoshi, there are no catfights in the dark universe.  In the first one it should have been Uhura vs. Rand.  In the DS 9 episodes it should have been Kirya Nirys (the Sadistic Bisexual Intendent) vs. Jadziya Dax or at least murdering the gorgeous Jennifer Sisko with her bare hands instead of a phaser.

Planet of the Apes - None of the animalistic human women ever fought over a mate?

Gor - The fight in the first one was good, the fights in the second were just ridiculous.  They kind of completely missed a large theme of Gor, that men are meant to be big brutes and women are meant to be sexually aggressive and competitive.  Not sure if the writers for the movie even read the books.

Fight Club - No women's division?  Really?

Batman - Sharon Stone vs. Halle Berry fight to the death which ends with Halle trying to save the woman who just tried to kill her who then falls 200 stories to her death?  How about Halle strangling her to death? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpTGVHR84g

Total Recall - (the Original... haven't seen the remake) Even with the karate a hot fight... finished with a bullet and whitty line from Arnold?  Even if Sharon Stone won this one, she looses.
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline krispin

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »
Alternate ending? Nearly always.

I mean: we have many catfights in which the good girl wins.
I would like better catfights in which the bad girl wins. Better if onesided. But it's so difficult to find that.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 09:51:07 PM »
Lumberjack: The fight club comment did make me giggle because a woman's division would have missed the whole point of the book.

Author Chuck Palahniuk is gay and the story is considered to be an analogy of a gay man's life closeted. (we don't speak about it, no women, its the one place they can be real and in the end they go back to their married lives)

They could have put one in but I think they would have lost any support from the author REAL quick. it would be interesting to see a lesbian author tackle the same subject though.

Offline 1000castaway

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 03:27:37 AM »
For all the catfight fans thats mad about BS movie cf scenarios this movie raze hopefully will compensate for them all.... Damn when is it coming out I plan on being in the back of the movie theater chillin!!!  Word up!

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 04:31:28 AM »
Nutmeg -- very perceptive comment about Fightclub

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 07:42:29 AM »
I did not know that at all about the fight club.  Actually never saw the movie (because there was no women's division).  Strange that you would have to use a metaphor for gay life these days.  Not exactly the shame subject it was 20 years ago.  Was the book written a long time ago?
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »
I did not know that at all about the fight club.  Actually never saw the movie (because there was no women's division).  Strange that you would have to use a metaphor for gay life these days.  Not exactly the shame subject it was 20 years ago.  Was the book written a long time ago?

Fight club was written in 1996 but Chuck didn’t come out until mid 2000’s. In fact some writer profiles at the time reported him having a wife. The overall theme is masculinity and the feeling of being part of a generation of men raised by women and trying to recapture that masculinity via Fight Club. At one point I believe the narrator ponders being raised in a patriarchy and how his life would be different.

The gay sub text comes from realizing a closeted gay man is writing on a subject that his sexuality would make him deemed not an expert in. In fact he would likely be seen as a result of a feminized society.  And it is quite possible these themes came out subconsciously. Often writers put their personal emotions into stories without realizing it and it takes others to point it out to them. Chuck has always said it is about anti consumerism and masculinity, but it is hard to believe these other themes didn’t play in his mind.  And a lot of them apply to both. A straight man and a gay man can both ponder what their life would be like in a more male dominated world, but likely for different reasons.

And having read some of his other work, I would have pegged him as some ultra macho straight man. I only learned his sexuality via some online commentary on the book. And most people are rather stunned to hear he is gay.

Sorry for the author's corner discussion lol

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 04:33:29 AM »
Nutmeg--very perceptive comments on Fight Club.

Now, how about catfighting?  Especially the turnon part of it?  What's up with that?

Offline Bunpbner-man-22

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2021, 08:43:35 PM »
  Also not a big fan of the Karate fighting in the movies.  Probably a little sexist on that.  It isn't that I mind it, but most of it is pretty staged.  I know it is the style of the movies, but lets see something just a little realistic.

This is one of my pet peeves on most movies that have two women characters chomping at the bit to fight one another.  Literally they could be high school cheerleaders and somehow they know exactly how to throw a high kick perfectly and the two of them know some ancient martial art?

That’s irritating.  I can think of every major movie who’s has had a female lead know exclusively Kung-fu it’s so annoying.  Oh yea you’re the waitress who tags along the main character but you have to fight the villains girlfriend.  The two of you have mastered the art of kickboxing.

That is so lame and so overdone it’s just idiotic at this point. 

Personally if there’s an unlimited budget and I can not worry about censorship?

1) Bare Knuckle—take the corny MMA aspect away from it.  We had a former fantasy/catfight wrestler playing the mentor.  Let’s just have it go to what it should’ve been a global tournament for topless women’s wrestling where the only way to win is by submission via matchbook pins.

2) Stripes.  I would’ve added more to the strip club scene and actually have John Goodman, Harold Ramis, and Bill Murray actually debate with John Goodman more but actually have a back and forth if John Goodman should get in based off a knockout punch followed by a body splash into a pin for the mud wrestling scene instead of having him just get there have the wrestling happen off screen for a bit, show the pin, then he’s going in the pit.

3) Old School.  The oil wrestling scene is longer and the the guys have two sororities competing for top party slot.  First the match happens, one girl hip tosses the other girl followed by he dragging her up to her feet a slap she goes down the downed girl kicks the aggressor they’re on their knees then they begin punching and slapping followed by a hard body blow that ends up into a camel clutch submission.

Offline Soulsville

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 12:57:18 AM »
One classic movie that is just right for an alternative ending is Johnny Guitar. A stand up bare knuckle fist fight between Joan Crawford & Mercedes McCambridge would have been a lot more interesting :)