News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Is the term "catfight" being used less these days?

• 18 Replies

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
Re: Is the term "catfight" being used less these days?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 11:38:53 AM »
Could it simply be that Generation Z is accustomed to seeing women compete in wrestling, boxing, and mma, making fights between untrained women less relevant? Today, in high school, that cute girl in algebra class might be on the wrestling team or training in bjj at a dojo downtown.

I think I would actually flip the order of this sentence.  As a child of the late-1970s/early-1980s, my observation is:  That gritty girl training in kickboxing at a dojo downtown is today also
> getting an A in AP Algebra,
> has a 4.25 GPA (out of 4--don't ask me how that makes any sense),
> runs cross-country and is All-District,
> is Treasurer of the Tech Club,
> volunteers at the pet shelter next to the downtown dojo,
> and is applying Early Admissions to Cornell.  If she doesn't get in, she's doing the Honors College at University of Indiana, because of their high placement rates in summer internships.

In the 1970s and 1980s, that same girl was every bit as high-energy and striving, but her outlets were to work nights and weekends at a restaurant, using the tips to buy a reliable car and dating a boy who was already "done" with high school, altho whether that was because he had graduated or dropped out was a little fuzzy.

In fighting:
> if she did it back then, it was with acquaintances of the GDE-man/boy,
> if she does it today, it's over sarcastic flaming of her otherwise flawless Instagram page by a jealous less-accomplished classmate.

So, it's not that the accomplished girls are training in defense/combat sports.  It's that the driven girls have more outlets to express their talents and energies.

Offline surfboarder

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 01:53:59 PM »
Interesting comments. Some of you pointed out that fans of “traditional” cat fights are mostly older men. Could it simply be that Generation Z is accustomed to seeing women compete in wrestling, boxing, and mma, making fights between untrained women less relevant? Today, in high school, that cute girl in algebra class might be on the wrestling team or training in bjj at a dojo downtown.

I have a question for the guys who prefer the “old school” catfights to fights between skilled female fighters. Is your aversion to women “acting like men” limited to fighting or does it extend to other gender roles? For instance, would you consent to an operation by an impeccably trained female surgeon? Would you be OK working for a female boss if she had the best qualifications? Let a female attorney represent you in court? Or are you a guy who likes catfights, but otherwise, considers yourself socially progressive?

I’m only curious and will not criticize anyone willing to answer. I work in a traditionally female dominated profession and have heard it all. At one end of the spectrum, some view nurses as subservient handmaidens. At the other end, we’re high tech wizards operating complex life-saving equipment. I’ve long noted that attitudes toward gender roles are mainly influenced by age and social background. I’m curious if the same parallels are present in female fight interests.

I've worked with several highly-qualified women, whose skills and expertise impressed me very much. I'm more than happy to attend a female physician,  engage a female legal professional etc.

It's just that women are uniquely equipped to engage in the form of physical combat known as catfighting - long hair, nails, eagerness to go to ground, off-the-charts aggression.

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 02:03:24 PM »

It's just that women are uniquely equipped to engage in the form of physical combat known as catfighting - long hair, nails, eagerness to go to ground, off-the-charts aggression.

The pre-fight name-calling and skirmishing is also so much more personal and drama-fueled.  The women aren't just waging a physical battle; they're waging all-out total psychological war on each other for status and popularity points.  There's no consolation prize for second place. 

When Tex Cobb went toe to toe with (but lost a unanimous decision to) Larry Holmes in 1982, or Stallone's Rocky (I) lost to Apollo Creed in 1976, they were cultural icons for the proverbial 15 minutes.

No such thing when two women go to war.  The loser is exactly that--a loser.  Which makes victory all the sweeter.

Offline Ctfghtfan100

• Love catfights and cat fighters!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 03:00:39 AM »
Interesting comments. Some of you pointed out that fans of “traditional” cat fights are mostly older men. Could it simply be that Generation Z is accustomed to seeing women compete in wrestling, boxing, and mma, making fights between untrained women less relevant? Today, in high school, that cute girl in algebra class might be on the wrestling team or training in bjj at a dojo downtown.

I have a question for the guys who prefer the “old school” catfights to fights between skilled female fighters. Is your aversion to women “acting like men” limited to fighting or does it extend to other gender roles? For instance, would you consent to an operation by an impeccably trained female surgeon? Would you be OK working for a female boss if she had the best qualifications? Let a female attorney represent you in court? Or are you a guy who likes catfights, but otherwise, considers yourself socially progressive?

I’m only curious and will not criticize anyone willing to answer. I work in a traditionally female dominated profession and have heard it all. At one end of the spectrum, some view nurses as subservient handmaidens. At the other end, we’re high tech wizards operating complex life-saving equipment. I’ve long noted that attitudes toward gender roles are mainly influenced by age and social background. I’m curious if the same parallels are present in female fight interests.

I have immense respect for women and their abilities.  They can be astronauts, pilots, surgeons, world leaders, directors, CEO’s or boxers, wrestlers mma stars and I make no distinction and Im a bit older.    I do however love catfights - been my fetish for a long time.  Just because two women agreeing to competitively test each other in rough and sometime violent arranged combat doesn’t mean that women aren’t capable in other parts of society or that I disrespect them.  Room for both in my view.   But it may be the case that gen z and millennials might be less interested in catfighting as both competitive contest and sexualized behaviour  because they see far more empowered women such as mma fighters or bare knuckle fighters.  But I’d be surprised if there weren’t those who get turned on    Their path to it is just different.  That’s my thought I guess…
As mentioned I am a fan of female fighting with my main interest being catfights!  Real, competitive, arranged catfighting has been a lot of fun! Hope to meet like-minded folks!