News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Poldark

• 6 Replies

Offline Bear

• God Member
Poldark
« on: March 26, 2021, 10:13:46 PM »
The other night I stumbled across an episode from the original Poldark series that was aired here in the States on PBS from 1975 to 1977.   I was reminded that, all of those years ago I happened to be watching one evening and there occurred an exceptional catfight.  And we catfight fans NEVER forget a good one.  I've never been able to find that particular episode, because there were 29 of them, and frankly I don't have THAT much time on my hands.  I was wondering if anyone, particularly our friends in the UK, might be able to help me in my search.    Thanks. 

Offline Hammer48

• God Member
Re: Poldark
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 02:49:09 AM »
I killed an hour tonight searching without success. Season 2, Episode 10 looked promising but alas I found nothing.

Offline Die For Dina

• You are less good than I am, in all likelihood.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 02:53:38 AM »
I think you were looking at the new one. He means the one from the 70s. I can't seem to find them. and I was going to look harder, but I also don't work for him. :)

Online wasteland1952

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 04:45:59 AM »
Bear, I didn't know there was an earlier version of Poldark.  Here's the IMDB site for that series:  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075560/?ref_=tt_ov_inf

I had a little time, so I checked the storyline for each of the 29 episodes, and found no reference to any kind of catfight.  However, if the catfight occurred between two girls who were not main characters, or had nothing to do with the storyline, the fight might not have been mentioned in the storyline brief.

By the way, I watched the first 2 seasons of the more recent Poldark, but didn't continue watching the series.  It was fascinating, but also extremely depressing.  I found it hard to watch how the aristocratic class showed no empathy or sympathy whatsoever to the lower working class people.  I know that's how things probably actually happened back then, but I just couldn't continue watching.  The real world we currently live in is depressing enough!

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 06:33:56 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your efforts.  I'm amazed at the lengths that you went to in hopes of uncovering something.  I certainly didn't expect anyone to do research, I was just hoping that maybe someone might have remembered the fight and the episode.   And, I believe that you're right Wasteland, the scrap probably did not involve one of the main characters. 

I see that the original series is for sale on DVD, but I don't think I'll buy it.   LOL

Cheers

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 07:03:16 PM »
Watched Episode 3 last night.  Nothing. 

Offline Videan

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »
Also did the Bing search and I even used operators to make sure I wasn’t pulling anything.  I’m not sure I could find anything that indicated anything of a catfight.

I’m always down to go hunting for some classic movie tv Catfights between 1975-1992 because for some reason it’s like the writers then tapped into our collective consciousness and were like we know what you want to see here.

Today though?  Every fight is basically the characters are experts in MMA and Kung Fu and do this while wearing tight jeans and high heels.  Meanwhile the male leads are in sneakers and sweats.  I’m sitting here going:

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HARDER THAT IS COMPARED TO THEM?!