News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Account maintenance

• 2 Replies

Offline hghunt999

• God Member
  • Fan of almost all things here on FCF
    • Not my page, but my stories are here under HG Hunt
Account maintenance
« on: March 05, 2021, 03:50:39 PM »
Over time and my use of this site I have lost two previous incarnations of my account and profile.  Computer issues compounded some of the issues I had. Central to my current dilemma is I wish to reset my password. However..... I do NOT  know my current password. I am able to login successfully because my browser "remembers" the password and will automatically insert it when called for after providing my username. But I cannot SEE my current  password as the screen displays only the place-holder characters where my password characters should be.

When trying to reset my password the system requires me to enter the current password, which as I stated before, I do not know.

Is there any way around this problem?  I want NOT to lose my current account and username if for some reason my computer or browser have issues in the future and I get locked out.

Can someone guide me here?
HG Hunt

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Account maintenance
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 10:43:33 PM »
Administrators can reset your password. So send me a message and I will reset it for you.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline rickypower

Re: Account maintenance
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 10:01:47 AM »
Over time and my use of this site I have lost two previous incarnations of my account and profile.  Computer issues compounded some of the issues I had. Central to my current dilemma is I wish to reset my password. However..... I do NOT  know my current password. I am able to login successfully because my browser "remembers" the password and will automatically insert it when called for after providing my username. But I cannot SEE my current  password as the screen displays only the place-holder characters where my password characters should be.

When trying to reset my password the system requires me to enter the current password, which as I stated before, I do not know.

Is there any way around this problem?  I want NOT to lose my current account and username if for some reason my computer or browser have issues in the future and I get locked out.

Can someone guide me here?

In your browser go to settings and then passwords and it should be listed there, you will need your windows pin (if you set it up) to see the password.
Anyone who never fails is someone who never tries