News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Catfight Comic Art - Dan Day

• 5 Replies

Offline Rocko23

• God Member
Catfight Comic Art - Dan Day
« on: February 27, 2021, 04:22:56 PM »
Hi many years ago there were lots of sketches floating about of black and white catfight art by an artist called Dan Day. Does anyone know if he still about? My favourites were his comic book battles but think he did some actresses as well. If anyone does know where to find him / his art please do let me know.

Offline psy999999

• God Member
Re: Catfight Comic Art - Dan Day
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 05:17:43 PM »
I remember an occasional example of his art.  It was great, but I was never able to find out who he was or more of his art

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 05:45:19 PM »
Hi many years ago there were lots of sketches floating about of black and white catfight art by an artist called Dan Day. Does anyone know if he still about? My favourites were his comic book battles but think he did some actresses as well. If anyone does know where to find him / his art please do let me know.

I think I had a couple of his pieces somewhere. Loved his work. sorry I wish I had info n him too.

Offline shotgun6

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 03:52:51 PM »
Dan Day is his real name; he is an accomplished comicbook artist; I believe he is still drawing these parodies, as I saw an auction for several pieces I had never seen before on Ebay- his brother Dave Day drew some of these pieces too; I had been in contact with him, years ago, for some commissions; but he abruptly stopped producing, after stiffing me for a half payment. Buyer Beware, I guess...

Here's the scans from the auction; dark, blurry and censored, but still..

Offline Rocko23

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 03:59:58 PM »
Thanks Shotgun. Do either David or Dan have websites / contact details that you are aware of? - and before you got stiffed did David produce any stuff for you?

Offline shotgun6

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 05:24:56 PM »
Not that I know of; Dave did, but it was discontinued several years ago. Yes, he did about 6 pictures for me; I sent him half-payment for 4 more, he never produced anything; for about six months after, he kept responding he was "working on them", then he just stopped answering. I actually thought he passed away; then found out he hadn't.