News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Western Catfights ( No Links)

• 5 Replies

Offline Wives Fighting

• God Member
  • Let's kick our heels off and pull each others hair
Western Catfights ( No Links)
« on: May 24, 2021, 01:06:28 AM »
Just thought I might share an interesting article I came across (or at least was interesting to me lol).
http://popfiction.com/handsoftime/html/she/pistol/pistol.html

The article on this link was found on the popfiction website and gives a bit of in depth detail about western catfights. To the fan who loves old westerner catfights have a looksie.

Please delete post if inappropriate or posted in wrong topic.
"Whenever women catfight men think it's going to turn to sex" - Yasmin Bleeth

Offline sender

Re: Western Catfights ( No Links)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 04:42:13 AM »
no doubt that is correct . live in wichita kansas . a historian wrote a article about saloon girls . said that many newpaper articles described 2 or more saloon girls in brawls over cowboys and there money. we have a live museum named cow town and sometimes they will reenact a catfight with saloon girls

Offline wasteland1952

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 05:19:12 AM »
This post is awesome!

I grew up in the 50's and 60's, and my love of seeing women fight and wrestle stems from seeing the occasional catfight in western movies.  To this day, I'm a western movie fan, and not just for the catfights.  I really miss the fantastic westerns that were so popular on US tv in those days.  I know I'm a relic of the past, but in my opinion, today's shows don't hold a candle to old western shows like Rawhide, High Chaparral, and Gunsmoke.

Thanks for this post.  It's a great resource, and it will come in handy when a western movie is advertised on tv, to know whether I can look forward to a great catfight as well as seeing the good guys blast the bad guys!

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »
Discovered this website many years ago and I'm glad that it's still available.  My only lament regarding old westerns is that they're not shown anymore.  I used to stay up at night to watch the late movies on TV and stumbled upon many of these.  In fact, I used to catalog the point in the movie where the fight occurred so that when the movie was shown again, I could set my alarm and not waste valuable sleep.  Now, that programming is just a memory, as are most of these fights.   

Fortunately, some are available on Youtube, but not enough (IMO). 

Also if I remember correctly, there was another web page, which was part of this site, that paid homage to the teenage exploitation movies of the 50's and early 60's.  Lots of great catfights in that genre of film as well. 

Offline wasteland1952

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 05:03:59 AM »
Hey Bear, check out INSP network, or GRIT.  They're cable channels and show a lot of western movies and old tv shows.  I don't get GRIT where I live, but I do get INSP.  It's not too bad.

Take care!

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 10:57:00 PM »
Hey Bear, check out INSP network, or GRIT.  They're cable channels and show a lot of western movies and old tv shows.  I don't get GRIT where I live, but I do get INSP.  It's not too bad.

Take care!

Thanks for the tip.  Don't get either, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for the time when my cable company picks up one of them.