News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Dark/Night Mode?

• 1 Replies

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
Dark/Night Mode?
« on: July 30, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
Not sure what effort in coding would be involved, but would it be possible to have a dark or night mode on the website? One that doesn’t alter the images like some of the extensions on Chrome for example?
Thanks for listening.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline TaekwonGirl

• Distributor of snuggles and ass kickings
Re: Dark/Night Mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 04:22:23 PM »
Hi Red and I'm sorry that no one replied to this back when you posted it.

I was working on a dark theme for the forum back when we switched to the current skin we're using. It's not that there isn't a dark SMF theme - there's lots of them. The issue is that the ultimate profile system that FCF uses isn't part of the original forum, so that portion isn't themed along with everything else. That means that switching to a new theme without modifying it will cause the profiles to be a mess.

For this current theme we're using, it took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to get the profiles to look right, and since I don't have admin access, it was basically me pasting code to BigDevil and having him try it out on a separate copy of SMF forum, one we no longer have access to.

I might ask him to add a dark theme option just to see how bad the profiles look. Maybe we'll get lucky. But it won't switch based on day or night. Users will have to select that theme in their profile, and they keep it until they pick a different one.
It's not the size of the girl in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the girl.