News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

COVID-19 Vaccine

• 24 Replies

Offline LoveSexyJobbers

• God Member
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 04:36:18 PM »
I had some arm pain on day 1 and smaller arm pain on day 2 after receiving the 1st shot (Pfizer) and day 2 arm pain after getting my 2nd dose, no other effects for me - just do it folks, I endorse it and think, what is the trade , ouch my arm hurts a bit for NO MORE MASKS , a little pinch when they stick the needle in for I get to travel and do things normally as I did my entire life - time to end this folks, get a shot or I will give you a chair shot to the head :)
You never grow old until you stop being young

Offline h_k

• God Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 11:18:42 PM »
I had the German one (Pfizer/BioNTech) and apart from the inevitable slight discomfort in the arm the next day, which you get with most injections, I had no side effects at all. It's crazy not to get vaccinated when a failure to do so could ruin (or end) your whole life!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:39:06 AM by h_k »

Offline Cinnamon_Cougar

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2021, 12:58:06 PM »
O.K.  I'll weigh in here, because in the state I live in our numbers have risen almost every day, since March.  And some hospitals in this state have reached FULL capacity again! 

Every day we learn more about the virus, but NOW, with 99% of ALL new cases in our state being from the unvaccinated.  If you do not get the vaccination, you are an IDIOT!  And THANK YOU for culling the heard.  But you are not killing yourself if your one of the MANY Asymptomatic carriers.  You are killing your friends, family, and other unsuspecting victims.  And in fact you should all be sporting a scarlet letter.  (Either I for Idiot, or a U for unvaccinated) 

One further note, YES, there are people that could and might die from the vaccine.  At first I was one who was taking some medications that made me think I was better off without the vaccine.  But after my doctors cleared me, I found I was acting on only part of the information, and not well enough informed.  So by my estimation, 99% of you are most likely not taking the vaccine because you are uneducated or a Trump supporter.   ;D 

GET VACCINATED (Unless told not to by a physician that knows EVERY medication that you take) BEFORE YOU KILL SOIMEONE YOU! 

Offline tommyfighter

• God Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2021, 03:59:30 PM »
I had the Pfizer, first shot no reaction, very little soreness. The second shot caused leg cramps that night keeping me awake so I didn't feel like going in to work the next morning. Since my employer was offering paid time off for vaccination reactions, I took advantage. Slept in until noon and felt great the rest of the day. Would do it again to protect myself and others.

Offline TheRef

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2021, 05:55:12 PM »
My family of 4 all got the Pfizer vaccine. My parents (in their 80s) both took the Moderna. Other than the usual sore arms, the only reaction out of all 6 of us was me having a fever and feeling crappy for about a day following my 2nd shot. I really don't understand people not getting it if they have the chance. Especially since hundreds of millions of doses have been administered all over the world with only a handful of serious side effects.

It takes a special kind of conspiracy theorist to believe that multiple companies on multiple continents have conspired with multiple governments to secretly what, cause you some unnamed harm while pretending to protect you from a disease that has provably killed over a million people world-wide? Seriously, what do you think it is going to do to you that would be worse than dying? You won't catch covid? Sure, go ahead and pull that trigger. After all, MOST of the  chambers are empty right?

Offline Texaskid

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 06:39:52 PM »
Well, having had covid, I feel I have to comment on this subject. My family and myself got the shots, because we had a a hard go of it. That being said much respect for the others that have taken the shots as well. I also honor those that decide not to. They have every right not to take it. They should not be  demonized or cutoff from society. I respect their decision. Maybe they help, maybe they don't, but it has become a major issue. Can't we all just get along?

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 07:23:57 PM »
Well, having had covid, I feel I have to comment on this subject. My family and myself got the shots, because we had a a hard go of it. That being said much respect for the others that have taken the shots as well. I also honor those that decide not to. They have every right not to take it. They should not be  demonized or cutoff from society. I respect their decision. Maybe they help, maybe they don't, but it has become a major issue. Can't we all just get along?

I dearly hope this will not escalate, yet on the other hand won't mind if my comment would be removed. Much like in the US, here in Belgium, well over 90% of the newly hospitalized are people who decided not to get vaccinated, and caught the delta variant, which is worse than the original strains. In addition to not observing the mask mandate and social distancing (because individualism is stronger than germ theory to some people), their carelessness has led to a variant in the US well before this one.

Live and let live only applies to situation where one is in total control, and this ain't it.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 10:06:18 PM »
Hi all,

I appreciate everyone’s comments. Special thanks to those of you who contacted me to share your own battle with COVID or the grief of loss of loved ones to this virus. I’m not really a fighter, I just write stories, lol. But I do take care of critically ill patients, including many with COVID over the past 18 months.

I started this post last December to call attention to the availability of the vaccine. Since then, much has changed. In the US and in many countries, there had been a marked decline in cases and a increasing relaxation of restrictions (thank goodness). I restarted the post ten days ago in response to the sharp rise in cases in the US and elsewhere, driven by the delta variant and the vulnerability of the unvaccinated. It has since gotten worse.

My purpose is to reach the unvaccinated who may be on the fence or perhaps procrastinating. I fully realize some people are firmly against receiving the vaccine for a variety of reasons which I find unfortunate. These include my friends and relatives who I love and I know I will not persuade by arguing and name calling. So, I hope to continue that same spirit here and avoid political and heated discussions.

Maybe my strongest pitch to get vaccinated is this. Most of my COVID patients over the past two weeks expressed deep regret about not receiving the vaccine. Please don’t be that person.

Wishing you all health and happiness. Stay safe.

-Kiva
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2021, 01:25:01 PM »
The chief science advisor in the UK had to correct himself on Twitter after he misspoke at a press conference, creating confusion and chaos by saying 60% of newly hospitalized have been fully vaccinated, when the opposite is true.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »
Hello all,

This will (hopefully) be my last post on this thread. Later today, I will ask the admins to consider blocking it. To be clear, I’d like to close it to new posts but not delete it.

I believe all the necessary points have been made. I’d like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and those who shared their stories with me either publicly or privately. When I started this post, I fully realized this topic could be a touchy issue. I want to thank you all for being polite and respectful. But I would like to remember it that way. I think to continue the discussion at this time would add little and run the risk of heated exchanges and troll activity. So I think now is a good time to close while we’re all friends. As my grandmother used to say, “Don’t stay at the dance too long.”

Feel free to pm me if you’d like to discuss COVID some more. See you in my next story and, as always, stay safe.

-Kiva
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.