News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Nice grapling vid with lots of leg and toe work

• 5 Replies

Offline tomboy999999

• God Member
Nice grapling vid with lots of leg and toe work
« on: August 25, 2021, 02:52:01 PM »
Most BJJ  style stuff is all upper body locks despite women being very strong down below.These two get some serious leg stuff going too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR88OaqNYJQ

Enjoy

Offline pinner45

• God Member
Re: Nice grapling vid with lots of leg and toe work
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 05:11:21 PM »
Good one! Thanks.

Online Kateintense

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 05:58:05 PM »
Good one! Thanks.

Thanks for the post and showing some freestyle/ BJJ influenced real grappling,  Not as exciting as 'catight' - unless yer doing it, lol.  You can  see how getting focused on one sort of hold-- often in response to the other wrestler doing it--  how it  can distract from other possible moves.  they get all about  extension holds-- one armbar attempt, a near heel hook- (illegal ankle lock at their level). and two kneebars, one miss and the second does work for the tap. See them going from one bar hold try to anorther so  quick? They are ignoring other moves that  could have taken the match.

But again, rthanks for  the vid Tom!

Offline tomboy999999

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 10:02:47 AM »
Thanks for comments, my (limited) undersanding is that leg/toe/ankle holds can be dangerous as there are less nerve endings in your legs so pain isn't felt early enough to tap and breakage can result. I must say when n somebody stamps on my toe there seems to be plenty nerves going "OUCH" but is that why leg holds are outlawed in lots of grappling sports - but not in Sombo interestingly enough?

Online Kateintense

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 02:50:51 PM »
Thanks for comments, my (limited) undersanding is that leg/toe/ankle holds can be dangerous as there are less nerve endings in your legs so pain isn't felt early enough to tap and breakage can result. I must say when n somebody stamps on my toe there seems to be plenty nerves going "OUCH" but is that why leg holds are outlawed in lots of grappling sports - but not in Sombo interestingly enough?

Online Kateintense

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »

hey Tom. I'm no expert either but the whole heel hook issue has been debated a lot and there are conflicting rules among sanctioning orgs, plus different rules acc to 'belt levels'. Restrictions have been loosened across the board, and some rules get also get very detaialed - in  how you can use the lock.  You have the heel braced against your body core and twist with the top of the foot locked by an arm. Ankles are way more complex structures than most think, with some pretty thin bones used to make them work and the hold allows you to exerrt really heavy force. so you need to be sane  and experienced about it; when  in the midst of the fast action with competitive juices ramped it csa be easy to overdo and break an ankle; hurts like hell and takes a long time recover from.  In that vid you see the one woman get an perfect heel hook set up but then just abandon it. I'm a long time horse owner  and  "don't have a foot, don't have a horse' applys here, I don't know much about Sambo, did roll with those guys a bit as a workout dummy lol. Sambo isn' used much in our countfy. Again I'm no expert, I don'[t know about  any special nerve sensitivity. I do believe what I say here is right- or at least it was the way of the practice in my consertvative dojo ( which are business n want to avoid risky stuff and lawsuits for injury). Im judo they call thes things a lot faster.