News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Mainstream Catfights... What happened?

• 32 Replies

Offline pingpong

• God Member
  • Non scripted catfight fan and follower
Re: Mainstream Catfights... What happened?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 06:12:11 AM »
Great find!! Thumbs all the way up!

Offline TheThgiftac

• I like tit vs. tit and legbending catfights
    • catfight comics
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 12:34:37 PM »
there is the movie Chick Fight from 2020
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 02:03:00 PM by TheThgiftac »
Get my catfight comics at www.gumroad.com/thethgiftac and
www.lulu.com/search?adult_audience_rating=&contributor=TheThgiftac
New catfight content will be released this summer (2024) on: www.subscribestar.adult/catfight

Offline jaybee

• God Member
  • U know the best way to break up a catfight? DON'T
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2022, 06:55:55 PM »
there is the movie Chick Fight from 2020
The movie was "ok" but it's just another example of regular women who all just happen to know MMA. That movie was the perfect opportunity to have a bunch of women just catfighting. It was about an underground women's fight club set up to let out pent up anger/aggression or settle disputes, no training necessary. If that movie would have been made in the '70s or '80s it would have been the greatest movie ever made LOL! By the way for those interested it's not a movie like Fight Club or anything it's a comedy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 06:58:20 PM by jaybee »

Offline Windwatcher5

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2022, 11:10:42 AM »
A bit of a less known recent (2010) movie named Bitch Slap. Inspired by the old school movies such as Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, there is an extended girl fight scene.

https://youtu.be/wxUKxEyThR0 Complete movie but in french
the fight starts at 1:14:04  then a brief interlude and continues at 1:25:55

Bitch Slap Fight Scene Part 1 Helen Vs Camero
https://youtu.be/4Sdw97jNFTM

Second-half fight scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzlBNlpBQk4

Proof that the big names may not produce good girl fights now but the indie scene still has potential. It's still mostly action movie fighting but there is a couple of dirty moves.

Offline jaybee

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2022, 01:05:24 PM »
A bit of a less known recent (2010) movie named Bitch Slap. Inspired by the old school movies such as Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, there is an extended girl fight scene.

https://youtu.be/wxUKxEyThR0 Complete movie but in french
the fight starts at 1:14:04  then a brief interlude and continues at 1:25:55

Bitch Slap Fight Scene Part 1 Helen Vs Camero
https://youtu.be/4Sdw97jNFTM

Second-half fight scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzlBNlpBQk4

Proof that the big names may not produce good girl fights now but the indie scene still has potential. It's still mostly action movie fighting but there is a couple of dirty moves.
I saw this movie when it came out on VOD years ago and as for the fight scenes I will admit they got it right! Now for the movie as a whole?.... :-X
There has been some good ones to pop up here and there over the years, mostly from Z grade no budget movies. I just saw a nice little
shower catfight in a women in prison movie called "Amazon Hot Box" on Tubi yesterday. Again a Z-List movie that I stumbled onto by accident.

Offline maine516

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »
I just wanted to comment on the original subject of this thread.  I'm an old guy now who grew up watching movies with classic catfights like "Swamp Women" and the western catfights like "Dalton's Women" and I collected classic catfight art from Stanton and Glenn.  Yes, part of me misses this older style, especially in the artwork, because I grew up on it.  However, times evolve and change and that is the natural progression of life.  I don't think there is a "conspiracy theory" or "wider political strategy" to make women appear more masculine or more like men.  Women have just changed and evolved naturally over the past 40 to 60 years.   They are more equal to men now and there's nothing wrong with that, it's a good thing.  They still have a way to go with achieving equal pay and equal treatment from a business perspective.  We shouldn't fear that or disparage that.  Women don't fight like squealing, hairpulling little girls anymore.  They are more fit now from exercising, they are better athletes in all sports, they participate in MMA fighting because they want to (I'm not a fan of cage fighting for anybody though) and they don't want to be treated as second class and have to take a backseat to men.  It's not a good thing when men today sound like a bunch of old white guy sexists who still want women to be like they were in the 50's and '60s.  Don't fight it because we're not going backwards.   Classic catfighting may not exist in the movies today, but if you want to see some really good catfights, then check out a company like Fighting Dolls who put out excellent catfights almost daily.  As to the movies, I think the best female fighting action we'll get to see now will be fights like the ones in "Kill Bill" or in "The Hunt".

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2022, 09:18:17 PM »
I just wanted to comment on the original subject of this thread.  I'm an old guy now who grew up watching movies with classic catfights like "Swamp Women" and the western catfights like "Dalton's Women" and I collected classic catfight art from Stanton and Glenn.  Yes, part of me misses this older style, especially in the artwork, because I grew up on it.  However, times evolve and change and that is the natural progression of life.  I don't think there is a "conspiracy theory" or "wider political strategy" to make women appear more masculine or more like men.  Women have just changed and evolved naturally over the past 40 to 60 years.   They are more equal to men now and there's nothing wrong with that, it's a good thing.  They still have a way to go with achieving equal pay and equal treatment from a business perspective.  We shouldn't fear that or disparage that.  Women don't fight like squealing, hairpulling little girls anymore.  They are more fit now from exercising, they are better athletes in all sports, they participate in MMA fighting because they want to (I'm not a fan of cage fighting for anybody though) and they don't want to be treated as second class and have to take a backseat to men.  It's not a good thing when men today sound like a bunch of old white guy sexists who still want women to be like they were in the 50's and '60s.  Don't fight it because we're not going backwards.   Classic catfighting may not exist in the movies today, but if you want to see some really good catfights, then check out a company like Fighting Dolls who put out excellent catfights almost daily.  As to the movies, I think the best female fighting action we'll get to see now will be fights like the ones in "Kill Bill" or in "The Hunt".
Thank you, Sir.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:19:04 PM by Kiva »
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline animecfights

• God Member
    • AnimeCFights
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2022, 07:13:36 AM »
I think it's a reflection of a trend in society to make females appear more masculine while causing and/or adding to gender confusion etc. It's part of a much wider political strategy and I personally find it quite demoralising. That may be the point though.

Just my opinion of course and I'm sure there will be plenty who disagree. Fair enough.

I totally agree with what you said. Women have been downgraded from feminine beauty to distorted masculinity. Female fights these days are ridiculous, choreographed like a poor man's MMA fight. It's beyond boring and part of the reason why I decided to animate catfights and emphasize the more feminine ferocity of the girls. Destry Rides Again, Carmen Jones, Las Piranas Aman en Cuaresma to me feature feminine and sexy catfights as they were meant to be.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 07:20:47 AM by cultmovies »
My Patreon for exclusive animated catfights
https://www.patreon.com/animecfights

My Subscribestar for exclusive animated catfights
https://subscribestar.adult/animecfights

Offline maturecatfan

• God Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2022, 06:10:05 PM »
i totally agree that those of us who found the FRWL gypsy fight the sexiest thing ever should not just expect women to go back to the 50s and 60s but for me seeing women pull hair and fighting with their claws out is far more erotic than watching two women fight like men. yes it's a sexual thing but this is a fetish lol (puts his tin hat on and waits....)

Offline jaybee

• God Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2022, 05:04:00 AM »
i totally agree that those of us who found the FRWL gypsy fight the sexiest thing ever should not just expect women to go back to the 50s and 60s but for me seeing women pull hair and fighting with their claws out is far more erotic than watching two women fight like men. yes it's a sexual thing but this is a fetish lol (puts his tin hat on and waits....)
I think the commenter you're replying to has got it all wrong. Nobody is going back to the 50s or 60s when they say they miss those types of fights the reality is those fights have more in common to actual female street fights than anything nowadays. It has nothing to do with women evolving. There's definitely a bit of exaggeration in film/Tv Catfights (it is supposed to be entertainment) but they're still somewhat grounded in reality. I don't know what street fights that commenter has seen but I've yet to see two regular women bust out MMA, luchador moves in a bar, night club, or on the street. I got the feeling they were trying to talk down at us for even saying that we like seeing those types of fights (regular Catfights) vs the current day karate fights. Basically nobody's saying women should ONLY just be rolling around pulling hair and tearing clothes but the reality is you'll see that in real life waaay before you see a female street fight that looks anything like you currently see on TV or film.

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2022, 01:15:50 AM »
I don't think there is a "conspiracy theory" or "wider political strategy" to make women appear more masculine or more like men.   It's not a good thing when men today sound like a bunch of old white guy sexists who still want women to be like they were in the 50's and '60s.

I'm going to address both of these statements.  First, there IS a wider political strategy to make women appear more like men.  As a public school teacher I've seen this agenda pushed for 40 years.  It started with co-ed PE.  I have no problem with co-ed PE provided that kids chose it -- it should not be the only option.  Back in the Bronze Age I was a decent athlete, and I loved the raucous PE classes in Middle School.  They don't exist anymore.  The feminist movement believes that equality can only be achieved if we have "sameness," i.e. unisex everything.  Maybe they're right from a practical point of view, but I would argue that we lose a lot when we seek to diffuse sexual differences.  Like I tried to explain to my feminist, musical granddaughter: We have 7 notes on the musical scale -- all are different, but all are equal.  That's how we get music. 

Lastly, my preference for "catfights" by and large, are pre-1980's.  That's my preference; I still find them arousing, and that's what we talk about here.  Does that make me a sexist?  I don't think that quite fits the definition.  I'm perfectly fine with equal pay for equal work, and women competing as athletes in whatever sport they chose.  I just don't dig women beating the sh*t out of each other.  As a matter of fact, watching men do the same thing is of no interest either.  There are other things that I don't like either: Brussel sprouts, the college football play-offs, tattoos, idiots on the freeway, but they tend to be trendy nowadays.  Does that make me old and out touch?  Maybe so.  But to quote Rhett Butler In Gone With the Wind, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2022, 04:01:26 AM »
Found this on Youtube and just couldn't resist posting this link. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed0CkZ8mSeU

Offline wasteland1952

• God Member
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2022, 05:48:57 AM »
This is a fantastic thread.  I enjoyed reading all the comments, and I'll now throw in my 2 cents worth.

Having grown up in the 50's and 60's, I have seen a huge evolution in how female fights are portrayed in the movies, on tv, and also in real life.  I'm not convinced there's any "political agenda" behind the change, rather it's a sign of how the times have changed, and how the roles of women and girls in society have changed with the times.

I vividly remember an afternoon in 1968 or 1969, riding in the backseat of my buddie's 50 Ford on the way home from high school.  Also in the car was another friend and his girlfriend.  She was complaining about how another girl had been talking about her....what is currently called "talking shit."  My friend told her the next time the other girl opened her mouth, the girlfriend should hit her in the mouth.  His girlfriend then replied, "but nice girls don't fight."  Although girls did fight back then, it was rare, at least where I grew up.

Female fights in the old movies, particularly in western movies, were what I consider catfights.  Women would pull hair, roll over each other on the floor, slap, and fight with their bodies and thighs intertwined.  It was more feminine, if that makes sense.  At a very early age, I found this extremely arousing, way before I ever heard the term "turned on."  But in more recent times, movie and tv fights between women are more like martial arts fights.  Punches and kicks have taken the place of hair pulling and rolling over each other on the floor.  And it's not just in the movies or tv.

Watch the catfights posted today on yt and other social media sites.  I don't mean commercially made fights, I mean real fights recorded by spectators.  A lot of the fights feature the girls standing toe to toe, fighting like two guys.  If they start to pull hair, both boys and girls scream at the girls to let go of the hair.  If they go down and start fighting on the ground, a lot of times some in the crowd yell out to stand the girls up and have them start again.  It's like the spectators would rather see the girls fight like guys than have the girls engage in a real catball type catfight.

Personally, while I will watch a fist fight between two girls or women, it doesn't have the same arousal affect on me that the old fashioned catfight does.  If women had always fought like guys, I don't think I would have been interested.  I certainly wouldn't have sought out sites like fcf and others.   

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 01:19:32 AM »
I think that the viewpoints presented in this thread are very insightful, particularly the explanations of why we are looking at the types of fights that are in movies today.  I have no problem copping to the fact that I'm a dinosaur and much prefer the movie catfights of yesteryear.  I found them arousing when I was younger, and still do (as much as I can be aroused these days).   Those of you in my age bracket get my drift.  I recently viewed all three of the catfights in the serial  Nyoka and the Tigermen (1942) and still find them to be most appealing. 

But let me pose this question to the younger members of this forum:  Do you find today's movie catfights, or as I call them "slugfests" arousing?   This is your paradigm, your reality, where do you stand? 

There's a post in the Live Action Clips section by Led2 entitled "Every maln and his dog."  If you haven't checked it out, I suggest that you do.  I find that fight very sexy.  It's a reminder of the old Roller Derby catfights (which I loved) where the two combatants lock into each others' hair and use their free hand to throw (pulled) punches.  Very real and intense in its appearance, but basically innocuous and relatively harmless.  How do you compare that fight to what you see in today's films?  I'm sure that your responses will be as interesting and insightful as everything else in this thread. 

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your responses. 

Offline Mr. Cavalier

• God Member
    • Cavalier Magazine
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2022, 06:31:12 AM »
I believe the '80's were the heyday of feminine catfights. The prime time soaps made their living off of them.
Mud and oil wrestling, plus Foxy Boxing was in clubs all over the country. I was lucky enough to see a Foxy Boxing troupe of Penthouse Pets in the mid-'80's.
It was all fantasy, meant to titillate and I loved it. The women were overtly sexual and made it clear they were fighting for men's pleasure. Numerous video producers hired ridiculously gorgeous models to stage fights, some were more believable than others, but many of these models became accomplished fighters and they honestly enjoyed it.
It's funny looking back, because these women were much more empowered than today's confused females. They were athletic and feminine at the same time. There was a lot of tease, but a lot more please.