News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

a halloween tale {the chronicles of lexibabe}

• 15 Replies

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
  • the one who outshines all of you skanks
a halloween tale {the chronicles of lexibabe}
« on: March 30, 2022, 08:02:49 PM »
This was the very first story that i attempted to write,way back in 2013...the original {on page 88 of the catfight stories section,somehow got messed up,my fault.so this  is my attempt to correct and tweak it just a bit}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday evening, i finally made it home  after a difficult day at work,  good news is,that i'll  be off on friday,and will have a long three day weekend.   {yay}

droping my purse on the sofa,and my keyes on the counter, my little cat runs into the room greeting me, she stops, stretches,yawns, then rubs against my legs,

bending to pick her up, are you glad to see me,or just hungry,giving her a hug,then sit her down, give me a few minutes...

Turning the tv on, the local news is playing,same old depressing things, i feed the cat and start making my dinner, and listen  as the weather forecast, sound like it will be a nice  day
for my day trip, i'm a little apprehensive, i'm going to meet with angela,  i think about not going,  things  have not been good between us in some time.
We had been friends,at one time, but our relationship had gone bad and we become rivals..really don't know why, it was'ent any one thing,abunch of little things
both,our fault, but she blames me for it all including her getting fired from our company

The last time we had meet, in the parking lot at wal-mart, we were civil, the tension was still there,i was surprised when she invited me  to her place   to have lunch and talk
sure i why not i replied, that was three weeks ago, so tomarrow was the day, i decided to go,and would leave early,i hope that things  would work out and we could smooth things over.
after dinner..i return to the living room and check my answering machine,only thress messages, two were typical robo calls,
the third  "way down yonder in the paw-paw patch,  ain't no running. ain't no going back, when we meet in the middle of the paw-paw patch"
WTF !  i did'et recognize the voice,probably kids.

A latter, i turn on the computer,and search the web  then my e-mails...one from angela
"hey,bitch,did you get my message?i can't wait to kick your ass!
I was a little surprised, and again considered not going, then read it again
starte to get a little upset, yeah,i'll go, to talk
but if she wants a fight,then she will get one
i typr,and send  back  "ohh,i'll be there bitch

MTC

I  woke up,early friday morning,the clock read 6:20 am,  from the pain in my wrist, looking at the scars, and remebered the doctor sayinbg,that i would probably always have some pain.
For a moment,i thought  about getting up, and starting the day, then remebered i have the day off.

i  roll over  and for  another hour, dozed, being awoken the second time by a furry paw tapping my chin.. .Awaken to see two bright eyes,and a furry face, my little cat reminding me that breakfast was late. Making myself get up and start the morning routine,a few stretches  and exercises,  then shower..hve some breakfast and feed the little kitty..then change into a pair of daisy duke jean shorts,  a red tank top over black bra and panties..and a pair of sneakers, my hair in a pony tail.

my phone buzzes,it's a message from amanda.."hope you hav'ent changed your mind and chickened out bitch"   i take  the time to type, "ill be leaving in about ten minutes,then hit send,
a few minutes later,i walk down the steps across the yard,it's aready warm and muggy, in the car  putting on myshades, and tune to  sirius radio. starting out  making my way through the early morning traffic..to i-65 north.

back inside  my apartment,unaware that  the answering machine buzzes,,another message..  "ain't no running,ain't no going back, when you  come to the paw-paw patch .

MTC
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:02:33 PM by lexibabe »
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
Re: a halloween tale {the chronicles of lexibabe}
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 06:34:33 AM »
Driving through,and getting past the worse of the morning traffic,driving north, still a little more than an hour to go, my mind wonders.

never thought,that i would be doing this, going to meet someone, for a possable fight.

me,the girl,who hade never been in a fight,ohh sure i had been involved in some pushing matches in high school,those were always  broken up,before they were started
i found some satisfaction,in knowing that angela had not been in any fights, none that i knew of anyway, tho, we had almost got into it once . well maybe it won't come to that i tell myself.

Thinking about Angela, we had known each other since jumior high school we  were very similar in size,and appearance, some thought we  were releated, cousins maybe.
although most  thought,i was prettier, she resented that, and i think help cause her to be jealous, although she would never admit that. Still, we were friends,  friendly rivals

we always seemed to be competiting, , for the same things,, the same guy's, cheerleading squad, class president.  who was the most popular.
angela got  what she wanted sometimes, but so did i.

I went to state university, she to  community college, and then city college , we both finished with honor's, and to my surprise  and to her credit  both landed jobs   at a birmingham  firm.
and became friends again

We  both worked  hard and quickly climbed the ladder to success,  but she became resentful, , she felt things  came more easily for me, and maybe they did.
Then the shit really hit the fan, when i was awarded  the promotion over her.She accused me of sleeping with the  boss,  that was the only way i could have achieved the promotion.
She started spreading rumors, even sending letters , to the other partners of the firm, and to the bosses wife, making her false claims
That  cause her to be terminated,  she blamed me for that to, tried to come between me and gary,even slept with him once.
Yhay was when we almost got into it before being  seperated and broken up.

She left the  "ham"  shortly after that, moving back to oakapo county, living with her aunt, or so i heard.
I had not seen her, untill a few weeks ago,in the parking lot.The tension was still there, we began to argue, and taunt, a challenge to meet  and settle things just between us.

I  hope that we could just talk,and make up, if possable, i thought about that message on the answering machine, it was not angela, i was sure of that.
She had told  someone, probably others, i had a feeling that i could be set up...just in  case the worse happened, i had sent Gary  a message, letting him know where i would be
just crossing the oakapo county line...the Washburn exit was just a few exits away

MTC

the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 11:38:31 PM »
Taking the exit off i-65,and head east towards Washburn, a small town of  about 2,000,i had known it pretty well, having grown up, in the next town across the county about 20 miles away.

There, were a couple modern gas stations,  a burger king, and a hotel just off the freeway,  a sign that said WELCOME TO WASHBURN,  as the rough and patched 4 lane  quickly turnd into a rough and patched two lane road.
The roadside was dotted with a mix of older,  homes, and mobil homes, a few  newer homes  scattered  around, a couple of  large cotton fields,  it had the feel of steping back in time
passing by a strip mall that consisted of a  general dollar, a coin laundry,,and a bar-be-que joint, with a piggly wiggly beside it..a billboard boosted of a new home developement  coming soon.

Like most small towns, especially small southern towns, had seen better days, alot of boarded up store fronts,  with a mix of specality shopes  and thrift stores.most of the people worked in the larger cities,like birmingham,or huntsville.
i begin  to get frustrated not able to find the street, i drove around twice,and getting  caught up,in a parade for the local highschool.

Finally, i make it back to a small gas station, it looked run down, and like something out of the  andy griffith show. Cutting off the ignition, and steping out of my challenger.
i walk into the store, i was surprised that it was modern on the inside..

I  walk into the store, an older lady,probably in her mis 50's was behind the counter, a younger lady  probably in her late 20's  or early 30's  and a young boy was  chating  and paying for something.

I  walk to the cooler for a bottled water, and take a dahsani,   walking past the front windows,and a couple tables, where an older  guy sat, driniking a coffee

i smile  and say hi,  and he  nods

Walking to the counter the two ladies are still talking, the younger of the two see me,    say;s  bye  mama, taking the items, then her and the young boy walk out. of the store.

HI, the lady behind the counter smiles and ask

LEXI,  smiles,, can't complain, how are you

LADY... doing good, is this all you need?

lexi..yes,that's all

The lady  rings  it up,then hands me the change

LEXI...mam,can you tell me where hackleberrylane is, iv'e been through town twice   and hav'ent found it.

LADY.  I, sure can,she walks around the counter pointing out the front window, it's the dirt drive,across the road.

someone had knocked the sign down, and it had not been put back up

LADY...may i ask  are you looking for someone?

ME.... yes, angela thompson, she's a friend of mine

LADY, ohh you must be lexi

ME.....  a surprised look, why yes i am, how did you know

LADY... angela said  that she was expecting you

ME....did she say  anything else?

LADY... no,, should she have

ME...shakes my head no, steping away,and beging fishing my keyes from my pocket

LADY...ohhm hon, you can't drive down that road,, it's far to rough, you'll have to walk

ME...how far

LADY,  not far,about a 1/3 of a  mile, miss.rosemary, white house on the right..next to the large paw=paw patch

MTC

standing in front of the window sipping on the bottled water,looking across the road  at the small dirt road, no wonder i could'ent find  it i thought

forget it,and  go home  lexi, the little voice inside her head knaws at her., the next voice  caused her to jump.

OLD MAN....'are you a mexican girl?

ME.           [smiles}, no,sir,i am not

OLD MAN...  you look like a mexican gilrl

ME,,,,,,i'm half latina, my mom  from brazil, ny dad from here, i was born and raised here, not far away, in pikesville

OLD MAN....ok,  you look like a mexican girl tho

ME..........smiles, have you lived here long

OLDMAN....for most of my life  cept while serving in the army, and lived in chicago once for a few years, did'ent like it  to cold

ME.         giggles,, don't blame you about that

OLD MAN......do you want me to walk with you to your friends

ME.........nu- no, sir, i'll be fine,thank you

OLD MAN... don't fool yourself  girl, that road is'ent safe

ME..  what do you mean?

OLD MAN.......It's the woods, theirr haunted, some very bad things have happened in those woods, evil things

ME,,,,,,,, oh, like  what?

OLD MAN..... a cherokee indian legend, of a devil, living in those woods, they would avoid them.  people have walked into those  woods, and not been seen again.1in the 1930's. a witche's  coven lived in them woods, many stories of childern gone missing, taken by  witches... even now days..hunters  come back shaken saying they could here the sounds of childern  voices.

ME. .. but people live there  now,  angela, miss. rosemary,and others?

OLD MAN....... yes, but they made a pact with the evil, and are protected

ME....   well, i know  angela,  she's not evil, a bitch  yes, but not evil

OLD MAN....  you misunderstand me child, the people are not evil, but they are protected by the evil in the woods

COUNTER LADY/...... henry  !  stop it, your scaring her, the people that live  down that road, are good, simple christian people,  miss.rosemary  comes in here often

OLD MAN... but she is peculiar, as is the rest of them, you have to admit that

COUNTER LADY....... well, maybe she is, but that does'ent make her evil,   those are just old wise tales

OLD MAN....... old wise tells, old wise tells!, i guess it was old wise tells,  when those people were  found murdered a few month's back, or that the sheriff's office  found a pentagram while searching for them... i'll never forget about what ole jake told me once, about this time of year, while he was hunting. he had came into a clearing  and about 20 feet in front of him sat a big bob, just sitting on a stump.

ME......a big bob?

OLD MAN...  a bobcat hon, anyways  ole jake said, that bob cat did'ent move, or act afraid of him, just sat there twitching it's stub of a tail, and like most wild things, bob's try to avoid humans, this one just sat there...and  jake said it had glowing red eyes.

COUNTER LADY... pffff, jake banner was full of it

OLD MAN..... i don't care what you think, eveil comes in all forms, the goodbook says so, and you young lady should not go walking down that road alone

ME.......does mr.banner still live, here

OLD MAN......no, he was killed four years ago in a tornado

ME....ohh, sorry for your loss

OLD MAN... thank you, i still miss him

ME  ..[thinking the stories were interesting  but like the lady said..wise tales}, i'l be alright  mr. henry, it's not far, it's a bright sunny, and middle of the day, nothing will bother me...right?

COUNTER LADY... exactely, old henry is just filling your head with halloween stories

OLD MAN.......if, you go, stay in the road...do not go into the woods, and watch for snakes

ME....taking  a deep breath, ok,, nice to meet ya'll, is it ok if i leave my car parked here

COUNTER LADY.... yes, of course, just make sure its locked

i   walk back to my car,leaving my purse inside, clicking the automatic lock, and droping the keyes, in my pocket. then walk across the road to the edge of the dirt trail stoping smelling the sweet smell of honey suckles.

Inside the store, , the old man looks out the window....and muttes under his breath,,,"lord, watch and protect that girl, and bring her back safe.

TBC
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 06:05:12 AM by lexibabe »
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 06:05:03 AM »
Taking a deep breath, clutchig the bottle of water, she begins walking down the  dirt road, a different smell from honeysuckles began fill her nostrilsm  the scent of fresh pine nedles;

it brought back memories  from her childhood, of playing with childhood friends  in a grove of trees near  her home.

It was  a nice day indeed to be out for a walk, the sun bright, sounds of birds tweetinng, she felt good, and soon forgot about the stories  mr henry had told her.

She started thinking  of the meeting with angela, she had  never been in a real fight,  still she had confidence  that if she had to, she  could handle herself  pretty well,

and the idea of a fight kind of thrilled her,  it's why she drove  here, why she was walking down this road.

The lady at the store was right, the road was very rough, she could have never driven down it,she would have got stuck, or blown a tire  or broken an axel  with some of the deep rivets, and pot holes   caused  by  the recent rains 

she wonder why the county did'ent keep it in better condition, probably not enough money to worry about it, with so few people living along it

or maybe the know  that it's haunted.. a tiny voice in the back of her mind spoke up.

She walked further some of the tree limbs stretched  and overlaped  forming a canopy, in some areas.. causing  crazy  shadows to form and dance in front of her. The  road swooped ,and diped, and curved.. walking into a sunny area   she stoped  to take a drink of water..H ow did the lady say that it was?, a 1/3 of a mile, seem like she had walked further than that already  and had seen nothing
her shoe  had come untied...bending to retie it..suddenly  a voice..loud  and clear  from behind  her......"well hello there"   she jumped  and looked around  no one  was there  she looked side to side.the only thing  was the rmants of an old  chimney , peeking through the the under brush...hello,any one there?  no onswer,, get  a grip girl, it was  nothing..let's keep moving.

MTC

I steady myself, ok just my imagination, nothing  no one is here, just you, for the first time that thought kind of unnerved her,she was alone, what was she thinking, the serenity of the place was starting to vanish.   Then, another sound, like  a cough,it came from the left side of the road,and a little behind her, then the sound  like a sneeze..,not able to move sseconds tick by   she  stares into the woods, what if someone,or something  did step onto the road at this very moment, what would she do?..She move closer to the bank,the overgrowth brushes her legs,bent over trying to see through, brush, hello, is someone there,your scaring me...then like a low  growl..her eyes widen, heart races.. do not go into the woods, stay on the road,she remebered my.henry's warning,she steps away staring  expecting anything...go back,and get away from here  her mind tells her, she starts to walk back from where she came, for a moment everything is quiet, she notices that even the birds have  stoped.their tweeting.

She turns  and takes a ew steps back to hwere she had come, another low groan   like someone was hurt...she turns and starts to run, she can hear something rustling in the brush on both sides of the road now  behind  her, then sounds as if it.s coming closer..she stops falling to her knees,,the small necklace  dangles in front of her  granny had given it to her ,when she was a girl she wore it always.
She catches it ,brings it to her lips,kissing it, closihg her eyes, tries to remeber a prayer.
"our father,who art,in heaven, hallowed be thy name,thy kingdome come,thy will be done,on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day,our dailey bread,and forgive us our trespasses,as we forgive those that treapass against us, lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil,,foreever,and ever  amen"   please help me  she whispers...

MTC
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:47:50 PM by lexibabe »
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 12:05:51 AM »
The sounds  stop, there's a light cooling breeze. i can hear the birds singing again, a little  shaken, it's time to go,and forget all about this.

I turn and start walking back, and come to a small wooden  bridge  over a  branch  wait did i cross that before?  i can't remeber,but i must have

moving closer    and stop seeing some movement,  a snake!,and a big one!, a copperhead, or considering  the stream underneath a mocc.

I freeze,as it slowly slithers across,bending  and pick up a dirt clod,and throws , it lands  short and burst,   ok,yeah,i throw like a little girl.

the dust,and dirt sprinkles,over the snake,it stop raising it;s head,moving back and forth,it's forked tongue juting out,looking at me!
as if saying  "how dare you, come closer so i can bite you". lowers it's head and starts moving towards me i thought
Taking a couple steps back, looking for a rock,,    no snake, no go that way,stompig my foot and pointing towards the growth
it stops,and starts slithering away  under the bridge, like i'll hide,and make  you think i'm gone, then bite you when you come closer.

Releived.i start to move fowards then stop, more snakes on the bridge! no way  i think  turn and start walking away
Alone, i prod on step after step, can't shake the feeing that someone,or something is following, watching.

The  lady,and the old man both said  people lived, on this road,,WHERE!
I  come to a clearing  the edge of a large field, relieved  at seeing the young crop, soybeans i think
well surely a house is'ent far, 

And there may not be, and don't call me surely..i smile at remebering that movie line,funny how strange things can pop into your head  at strange times

and remeber  another line  from a song   by charlie daniels, "the devil went down to georgia"   young woman sitting on a hickory stump
then mr. henry's voice..a cherokee indian legend of a devil in these woods!
STOP IT !  i say out loud, no sense scaring yourself.

My mind whirling, wondering how i let myself get into this, i did'ent want to go back to that bridge
if i continue,foward, there has to be a  house,or a main road  .i just need to rest a little.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 12:07:37 AM by lexibabe »
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 07:14:26 AM »
I  shift on the stump and feel a lump in my pocket,my phone !,of course...how dumb can i be....i dig it from my pocket  quickly turning it on

a message flashes..verrry low battery, of course.  i try calling  any way,,gary!,it rings  and rings, and just when i pick up the answering maching

and i begin to leave a message,it shuts off....nooooooo!, i try again,and again,nothing   fuck!

well,at least i'm no worse off than i was. or so i thought

I  hear someone singing, a child's voice faint at first, then coming closer, what was it mr.henry had said  about childern,   something about witches.
I stare in the direction of the voice, closer now,i remeber the song, a church hymnal, " some glad morning whenthis life,is ov-err,i'll fly away, to the land on god's celestial shore,i'll fly away. it was my grannie's favorite .

I stand and try to hind behind a group of small pine trees, theni see her, a young girl, about 9 or 10, blue eyes, blonde hair in a ponytail, barefoot  wearing a floral printed sun dress
draging a  long branch behind her in the dust, the branch was comically long , she stop in front of me,looking around.

I  step from behind the tree,  she looks startled

me..hi,i'm lexi, what's your name?

girl...just smiles

me.do you live  around here?

girl   un-huh

me.  you don't have to be afraid of  me,, i'm kind of lost

girl...  smiles

me..are there other people that live here?

girl....nods

me... are they far?

girl... no, not far

me  do you know,miss.rosemary and angela

girl...nods

me....do they live far?

girl,.. shakes her head  no,, pointing   down yonder, at the bottom of the hill,   bad people

me,,, thank you, you have been a help

feeling relieved, i look in the direction she pointed, hoping that it was'ent far, turning back around the girl had started walking away draging the branch..hummimh the song, she starts walking into the wods..i start to shout out  not to go into the woods, but then think,, she lives here, her home is probably close..

I have a strange feeling, that i had seen that girl somewhere before,, can't shake that she seemed familiar.

MTC
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 02:19:37 AM »
SORRY THAT IT HAS TAKEN ME A LITTLE LONGER TO FINISH, I'VE BEEN AWAY MOSTLY FOR RL THE LAST FEW WEEKS.}
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 03:00:07 AM »
I keep looking after the girl,where she had walked into the  woods, expecting that she might reemerge,i suppose, then realize that i could no longer hear the tune of the song.What are going to do i ask myself,just stand here rest of the day?

I beginning walking to the summit of the hill,then down,the loose dirt slips under my feet and i have to catch my balance.  I continue on and walk around the curve,and  see it,off to the left..the house.Stoping is that angela's,i wonder,i hope so. i stop scaning the area,dirt road,intersected this  road just below the house, the only other house,was one further  down the second road,and to the right, it looked as if it had been  empty,for some time,and the front porch area was beginning to crumble.I could cows in the pasteur on either sides of the second road,and felt some comfort that surely other's lived close by.

I continue down the hill,towards  the house,angela's or not,all thoughts of any confrontation  out of my mind, i would just ask,if someone could  take me back to the old store,and that would be that.

Coming closer, the house was a typical,old farm style house,at least 60,+years,or maybe even older, single story  with a lage front porch,and as i come closer,i noticed a swing, and the house looked as if it had not been painted,in a long time.

A little further behind sat an old crumbling barn, and to it's left  another storage building ,and to the side, i could see a rather large garden,,with tomato's,,corn,,okra,and more.I  cross the yard and walk up the steps onto the porch,and to the left i an see a orchard, i'm not to sure  what type, and to the left of that a older model car probably a 70's model,that looked in good condition.

Knocking on the door, once,twice,  no,answer,i begin thinking no one is home,what would i do now? I did'ent want to wal back through those woods, a hornet buzzed past my face, and drawing back some,i hear the voice to my side.

An older heavy set ladyprobably in her mid 60's, sweat streaming down her reddened face, a plastic laundry hamper pressed against her.,dressed in a sleeveless  floral printed  blouse.

May,i help you, she asked?  yes, i was looking for  where angela lives,and think i got lost. Ohhhhhh, you must be lexi,she smiled, i could'ent put y finger on it,but it was not a friendly smile, her facila expression  changed,and it seemed sinister.

Yes, i'm lexi, and smile,feeling both relieved, and uncomfortable. Angela is inside, probably in her room,come on inside, i was just finishig hanging the wash outback,she brushed past me, as she did there was an odor, foul like,i could'ent quiet describe it.

We walk inside, sorry for the mess she said,and ohh  by the way my name is rosie,i'm angela's aunt, she seemed more cherry,and friendly.As i look around the room was far from messy, but neat and tidy,the tv was on, the furntiture ,mostly out of date  but clean, pictures on the wall, lamps and  bookcases,and coner sheleves filled with nickknacks.

Angela,,lexi is here  she called out, seconds later Angela,walked into the doorway, a tense silence s they looked each other over,a confident smiled spread across angela's lips..Lexi caught of a glimpse of a pet runnng past her boucingonto the sofa,,,

What a  cute doggy,lexi  smiled,,ha ha haha, miss.rosie laughned staoping and reaching over the arm of the sofa,stroking it's head,,did you hear what she called you love,i mix of a purr and growl,then paws stretched over the sofa, more purring sounds, .

Aw, well lexi was never very preceptive,  movig closer myeyes widen and i smile, the animal rolled to it's back  it's big  green eyes  glowing into mine,it's claws appearing and retracting,, not a dog at all, but a bobcat.

It's beautiful, what's his name,,, he,is a she  angela repliedher name is mabel.
The purrs were louder now as both angela,and mabel,began petting the cat,
Lexi,  she's so sweet watching as the cat stretches and purrs iviting the petting,have you had her long? No, not long actually, miss.rosie,answered
May,i pet her?  stretchinglexi stretching her right hand out, her gross dangles out in front of her,  the cat draws back, and hisses, and an ominus growl,lexi pulling her had back quickly  ,

LEXI.... not use to stangers  mabel  {smiling}

ANGELA....no, she know's a bitch when she see's  one {giggles}

THEY ExCHANGE AN COLD GLANCE

MISS.ROSIE....i think, the necklace   startled here,where did you get it {her face more stern.

LEXI......ohhh,i've had it forever,it was a gift from my grannie

MISS.ROSIE......it's very pretty  and charming  }her voice  cold sounding}

« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 04:56:03 AM by lexibabe »
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 02:37:38 AM »
MISS.ROSIE......maybe you should take the necklace off so that t won't startle her.

LEXI.....i'll just tuck it under my shirt,,{she drops, undereath nd tucks it under her shirt.}   may i,she ask?

MISS.ROSIE.....sure ,[a slight smile}

lexistretches,her hand out again to pet the cat, but mable shrinks away,a deep ominus growl, and a hisssss, lexi,pulls her hand away.

ANGELA........reaching out,scratchng the cats ears,,mabel purrs, she hs good taste, .some people should have as much good taste {smirks  at lexi|

MISS.ROSIE... now angela,no need  to be  nasty

LEXI.....being nasty,is a specality of hers...

ANGELA.....it's,not what everyone thinks, how is Gary  these days

LEXI.......ohhh,he is just fine

ANGELA....is he tired of you yet, mmm he was more than once

the two  share a tense uneasy glare

MISS.ROSIE....ok, let's calm down you two,lexi,,where's your car, did you walk here?

LEXI.....i left it  up at the little store on the road and walked down.

MISS.ROSIE....all the way from   mccanns?  in this heat,are you thirsty?

LEXI.... yes,a little

MISS.ROSIE.... i'll get you a glass of ice water, did you see  any snakes,on the road.

LEXI.... yes, i did,aroud the little bridge

MISS.ROSIE.. those rascals have been bad,this year,kilt one in the garden just yesterday, a big copperhead, loped it's headoff with the hoe,  whomp!

she let out a bray of laughter,}

MISS.ROSIE..i'll go get your water be back in a jiff.

LEXI....she seems  sweet

ANGELA....ohhhh, she  can be,and down to earth, not like some.

LEXI.....ummm, angelalook,i know...we were going to fight,,and look after thinking it over,maybe we can just talk it out,let bygones be bygones, i don't want to fight  anymore

ANGELA.....{smiles}....fine, good to know your scared,and  chicken shit
,i'm not surprised, and for you to know  that i'm better,than you..that's not what i wanted,but it's good enough for me.

LEXI.... ohhh,i have no reason to be scared of your scrawny ass  angela,just think we could settle this a better way

ANGELA....listen bitch,you don't want to fight cause,you know i'd kick your ass.

LEXI.....keep dreaming   bitch, why don't you just admit  that you can't take  playing  second to me.

ANGELA....i've never  been second to you in anythng  slut

LEXI........you just always been jealous

ANGELA......jealous of you,,what  joke

LEXI............you the joke

ANGELA.....is that so?, it's not what Gary says,,last week

LEXI,,,,,so,now your admitting to be a whore

ANGELA.....better watch your mouth cxnt

LEXI..why  don't  you watch yours

the two move closer, a bump,,a shove,
nose to nose taunting and  daring

ANGELA....come on,what you got

LEXI....more than you  ever had

ANGELA.... come on then,slut

LEXI.........you come  on dyke

exchhanging wild slaps,,gasping pulling,,at each other

MISS.ROSIE     walks into the room carries the water, her face clouds over,, stop it..sitting the glass down, working between  them stop it    gawd damnit, no fighting iside..she waorks between the two seperating   both..if you wnt to fight  take it out side yt
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 04:33:35 AM by lexibabe »
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 05:41:57 AM »
MISS.ROSE..both of you calm down,,lexi   have a seat in the chair behind you,anglea  park it  on the sofa..
both set cautiously  casting glances,miss rosie hands the glass of water to lexi,and set's between her  and angela.

MISS.ROSIE... now,tell me what this is really  all about, lexi  you seem like  nice girl, why did you  come here?

LEXI....the last time  we talked,, we were going to fight,,then the whole day,walking here..i hope we could talk things over

MISS.ROSIE.... i now some of it,like  you went behind her back and caused  angela  to be fired,  cause  you were jealous,,that some guy liked angela  better,that you began spreading gossip, and lies

{as  she spoke..he becming less friendly}

MISS.ROSIE.. and youhave  the  nerve  to come here,and start trouble
who the  fuck  do you think you are.

{ANGELA.   a kind of smirk twisted her face  and spread across her lips}

LEXI.....{her  mind spinning  understanding now.feeling in real danger
i think that i should just go, i apologize to both of you for coming heretaking another  sip of water,,she notices  the bobcat  sitting on it's  hunches,it's eyes seemed to be glowing.

ANGELA......not,so  brave are you..your scared,i can smell it

MISS.ROSIE.....{smiles,a twisted smile}.....ain't no running,ain't no going back

LEXI..{that,that's the voice on the answering machine},,she   rises,i think i really should just go,is there another way to the store  cept thoughthe woods
thanks  for the water,,

she stretches the half glass of water out,it slips across miss.rosies  lap,and front of the sofa..Miss.Rosie,stands quickly, wiping at the spill...

ANGELA...clumsy  bitch

LEXI....i'm sorry

MISS.ROSIE..you  dumb  bitch,

ANGELA.... standing,moving closer,lexi hoding her hands out,they bumps  angela falls into miss.rosie....knocking her back onto the sofa.

ANGELA [spins  around, they bump again,ay move closer to the  door push,a shove, punches  are thrown, fist thumps into bodies followed by groans...,the open door,lexi's back to the sofa...she groans out  a shap pin between her shouder blades..she slumps taking a puch to the stomach,and drops to her knees

MISS.ROSIE.... i told you,if your going to fight take it out side,swinging a right kick into her body.

Lexi,,scalp screams  feeling hands in her hair,both women pulling draging her to and out the open door to the porch..punching kicking to the porch..stop  she wails....i give,i'll leave

your not going anywhere bitch,angela   hiss, lexi catches a glimpse of her face,it seem to change,it looked different   more hideous..just for a second

miss.rosie....let's take her to the yard,in the paw-paw grove.bringing her to her feet,  they pull and escort her  to the grove.she takes a hardpush stumbing fowards, stumbling falling....angela....now  bitch  me  and yo are going to solve  some issues...MTC
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 06:53:28 AM »
Being pulled through the door, angela and miss.rosie on either side,i try and jerk away,losing my balance  sprawling to the porch..

Angela.....clumsy bitch,get up, swinging a right kick into my ribs

unnn i groan and  catch her  leg,, she dances on one foot pulling away almost falling

they drag me  across the porch into the yard

Get up, miss rosie snarls

pulling me up to my feet,and leading me across the yard, to the orchard i noticed earlier,we stop under a group of trees,, a fragrant small all around.
they release me  and i stand  on wobbily leg's looking around,angela stands in front of me, miss.rosie backs away and to the side of us.
Both with a cruel look, no not cruel ..more like evil,that sends a shudder through my body

LEXI {i try and think of a way out},  angela  ,we don't have to do this, let's just  talk it over

ANGELA....no more time for talk,, you came here, you knew we were going to fight, i'm going to  fuck you up bitch,,payback for everything you've put me through.

MISS.ROSIE {  ain'y no running,ain't no going back {her facial features,seem to be changing}

Angela moves foward quickly, swinging a right punch ,at my face, i react to slow, unable to bring my arms up, or dodge the punch,it catches me flush

owww, i groan, my head snaps back,stagering a step to the side., angela continues the attack,with a left punch to my ribs.
unnn i groan again,slumping to one knee.

ANGELA.. i always knew you are a weak  cxnt, grabing my hair draging me back on my feet

MISS.ROSIE..that's it angela,kick her ass

I know that i have to fight back now, it's the only way,,and i swing a right punch at angela's stomach

i feel her body,hear her gasp and groan, the grip in my hair lightens.
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 11:42:17 PM »
Feeling her grip in my hair loosen, i stab another punch  into her  stomach, and take a wild roght punch to my ribs.

ummm   unkk we both groan and back away,...glaring

we circle 

MISS.ROSIE.....GET..HER  BABY

I catch a glimpse of the bobcat walking into the yard,stoping and sitting on it's hunches beside miss rosie

{ my imagination,i guess,it looks bigger now}

Suddenly it's on!  we attack each other

for the moment,,any fear i had feltt minutes earlier, vanished,  it's me and Angela    attacking each other,,arms move in a flurry,looking for a hold,,hands griping,  tearing riping at each other's hair and bodies..PUNches,and slaps landing with a thump,followed  by our gasp, grunts of anger,and years of rivalry,masking our sobs.

We spin and stumble back,and forth, using our knees,trying to kick at each other, then it happens,,we trip and fal to the ground,, rolling and fighting,,cusing and taunting...i can hear the wind blowing trhough the trees, birds chirping as if cheering us on,  and catch a brief glance of mis.rosie  and  the cat watching us,

We roll,over and over in the grass, then kick apart..on my hunches ,taking deep breaths, hurting, my mind spinning,wanting to take this opportunity  to get up and try to run if i could
 but see Angela trying to crawl away,  instead my anger,and probably foolishness takes over, i lunge landing on her back, my left arms circles around and under her neck,using my right arm to punch at her body, her cries and groans  fills the air...she tries to reach back for and pull at my hair...i think i have her.

Then....GET OFF HER WHORE!  MISS.ROSIE, pain rips through my back from the stomp,  aiigh i wail rolling off and away, my body arches, back and legs tingling, miss.rosie  moves to and help angela to her feet, they look at me, fear creeps into me again, their faces had changed,  heideous,,evil even,  through my tear stained  face, no that can't be i think, closing my eyes,,and reopen.

My vision  more clear,,, yes it was just my imagination,Angela  moves closer,  i was hurrting, she looked unharmed at all, smiling  glaring down at me.

ANGELA... STUPID cxnt1, did you really think you were going to win?, she smiles,,a rather ugly smile

Moving closer,she tries to kick and stomp at me..the tingling  going away in my back,and legs, i'm able to move, and use my legs  to block and protect myself,
swinging my legs out catching anglea at the knees, her eyes widen, she yelps out  in surprise and pain, stumbling awkardly side ways, losing her balance and falling
her head thumping on a large root  of a tree,  she does'ent move.

Sitting up, my eyes glued on the pron angela,,she does'ent move..looking at miss.rosie,  she just stares.  doesent move,like a stone.,the cat still at her side
I start to crawl fowards, anglea,, are you alright. reaching my right hand out touching, pushing at her legs,then hips.inching closer,, angela..are you alright? pushing shaking at her body now
Again fear creeps into my body, what have i done?,  looking back at miss.rosie...she's hurt,, maybe bad,,, we got to do something,  can you call some one i ask almost  pleading
she just stands there...i fee movement, and turn my head, anglea's eyes open,,,,there dark.

ANGELA....BOOOOO!  THEN SHE GRINS, A GRIN THAT TWIST HER FACE.

I fall back backpeddling on my hunches.. angella, stands   and walks closer to miss.rosie

ANGELA... told you before cxnt, your not winning

I work to my feet,  and start moving back slowly, looking over my shoulder,i see the dirt road, backing away,looking back at angela and miss.rosie..again their faces seemed to change,  and now a rotten smell  filled tthe air, the kind of smell, something decaying, like  if driving along a road  and passing by where an animal had been run  over,.

Ihad to get away,  my feet touch the dirt road, i start to move,  and take a few steps.

A voice in my head, familiar,, thats the wrong way girl, i turn and locate the hill i had walked down...

RUN BABY GIRL!

DADDY?. i stop

DON'T STOP,  RUN, LIKE YOU NEVER RUN BEFORE,AND DON'T LOOK!

I START TO RUN, AND CAN HEAR  ANGELA,AND MISS.ROSIES..." WHERE YOU GOING LEXIIIII,     AIN'T NO RUNNING, AIN'T NO GOING BACK, WHEN YOU COME TO THE PAW-PAW PATCH!

MISS.ROSIE,, STROKES THE HEAD OF THE BOBCAT, HAVE SOME FUN MABEL, CHASE THE FLEEING LITTLE MOUSE, THE CAT SEEMS TO SMILE, IT'S EYES A GLOWING  RED, AND  STARTS TO CHASE. 

TBC

the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2022, 11:28:45 PM »
My body  hurting   i start to   run, and round the curve  starting up the hill, it seemed longer  and steeper  going up,then walking down,  like ina  nightmare or  scary movie

the move i run, the further away the crest seems to be, i stumble once  almostt faling frailing my arms to keep my balance,,and start to slow.

Don't stop baby girl,, you got to keep  moving, the voice said.

yes daddy,,,.  i gasp and keep moving finally reaching the top.

exhausted,,i have to stop,,doubling over hands on knees to catch my breath.

hearing something rustle in the brush beside the road,,a growl,   my eyes widen  peering into the  growth,half expecting a boogeyman  to step onto the road.

A hot gust of air , a growl, then the bobcat  leaps onto the road....  mabel i mumble....she looked bigger   and ohh my fucking gawd,,it's eyes were a glowing red.

IT growled,,a deep , hard rumble,then it hissed,, foolishly all i could think to say was nice  kitty  and slowly take a few steps back.

It growled,,and hissed again  taking two quick, steps fowards   hissing  growling..

noooo,, nooo, stay away i shriek,,  fumbling around with my necklace,, holding it out in front of me,,,stay away...i wail  backing slowly  hoping i don't trip and fall

then i imagine  a news update   "the body of the missing  area  woman was found by hikers, in the woods near washburn,it appeared that she had been atacked by  a wild animal"

I  continue,to back slowly down the road, holding the cross in front of me.. the bobcat stalking hissing, it could spring at any second  stay away i shriek

The bobcat leaps,,,,,the blast  is close and loud, it cause me to  jump.

the bobcat shriked,a horrable scream, it's body hurtled sideways,and land with a thump  i n the ditch beside the road,

it's legs and tail twitching,  it tried  to move..and then made one final sound  the meow of a kitten before laying still.

.I 'm forzen, and  stare  at the fallen animal,, minutes tick by, then turn  and see a man standing behind me,

an older man, probably mid  or late 60's..his face  weathered and winkled, dressed in a pair of overalls, over a plaid shirt..a green john deer cap on his head, and wearing  trail boots.

the gun was pointed  down at his feet.

LEXI.... Hi, is all i could squeak out

THE MAN......Howdy

LEXI........  Thank you so much,  feeling relieved

THE MAN   .    Smiles, your welcome  miss......

LEXI...    That thing was about to  attack me

THE MAN..Just smiles,,,,, i'd been hunting that cat in these woods  for a good  many years,   it's to bad, but nothing  should suffer like that, not even an animal

LEXI...Can you tell me how much further it is to the main road

THE MAN.....A little way's  down yonder,{points},,me  and old henry  played and wandered these woods as kids, hunted and fished in them  many a time...i miss him.

LEXI..........{smiles}  you know  mister henry?

THE MAN     [nods}

LEXI.... i'm lexi,,,  what is your name sir.

THE MAN          Jake Banner

LEXI.......I know that name,, then she gasp,her eyes widen..   she remeber's mr.henry's voice,,, jake banner was killed four years ago in a tornado..she gasp  again and takes a step back

Then   a loud  and shrill shriek  coming up from the bottom of  the road from the house...

THE MAN...... You, best go girl, they be coming!

L exi moves around  and starts to  run  again with  renewed energy,,she slows  and looks back,, the old man had vanished.

TBC

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:40:21 PM by lexibabe »
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 12:41:18 AM »
Shaken..my body sore  and stiff,  the slow walk  turns into a run..passing by a few things  i remeber   from my walk down the road,that seemed so long ago now

can't shake the feeling that i'm beng watched  and followed, the wind rustling through the trees and the brush sounds like someone,or something..running through them

i dare not slow   enough to look, i don't want to know.. How much further?, down yonder a ways..   then i see it  the plank bridge looming in front of me, i slow..scaning the area for  any movement

i see none,  get across it fast i think, the planks creak under my  weight, for a moment i think t may cave in dumping me into the stream below.

Made it,i think  to myself  my right foot touching  the dirt, then a sharp pain in my ankle, like a sting but stronger, i stumble and fall, rolling to my side,i see it.

the snake!,it's fangs in my ankle,,aiiiigh! i shriek twisting using my frre leg to kick at it,, knocking it away..the snake slithers away.

The pain and fire in my leg, i look and it's alway swollen.

NOOOO, i wail  tears streaming down my cheeks now, feeling  now that i was'ent going to make it,  any moment,  the angela,and miss.rosie  things would be here
ain't no running, ain't no going back,,those words echo,,taunting her.

She though tabout family and friends... she would'ent see  again,  about gary,  ,mr.henry's voice, people  walk into those woods, and are never seen again.

she wander if tey would ever know, what happened to her or why,  would she just be another  person swallowed up in this place.

She, remebered her little cat,laying on back of  the chair waiting for her to come home.,  that thought made er  cry harder.

She opened her eyes  and see the cross, the cross grannie had given her so many years ago..    she touches it.. and begins.."our father  who art in heaven"

please help me,,,   she whispers....a rustling in the brush. she is not alone, closing her eyes..she whispers   the prayer to herself

footsteps coming closer,,she closes her eyes  and does not look

something near her, a hand touching her.

Please don't hurt me  she cries ,and tries to  slide  away

A voice....why do you fear me child?

LEXI... don't hurt me  she cries  again

THE VOICE... hurt you?, you call for me  and i came,open your eyes  and see child

She opens her eyes, it's a man crouched over her on his knees,, he had long hair...and a beard dressed in a robe

THE VOICE........see  child, am i so bad?

LEXI....NU...NO...

THE VOICE.. then rise  and stand

LEXI..  i can not  the  snake  bite me

THE VOICE.... his right hand moves down the leg to her ankle, a feeling of warmth  at  the touch..his eyes closed   his lips move...

LEXI..      the pain..beginning to vanish, the swelling   gone

the main opens his eyes,  rise child  and continue   on your way, she slowly  stood she stumbled,he caught her.go now child  you are safe. i am here   for you always...only ask.

LEXI......how,much further

THE VOICE..... down yonder, just a little ways

LEXI  begins to move   stoping, thank you...  the man smiles  and walks to the edge of the bridge and stops looking down te road.., she starts to run  again  her body  no longer sore  and stiff..
she hears a piercing shriek  behind her... she stops..just a moment....that sound like miss.rosie..there were no other sound...nervous  she continued  to run

TBC

the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 11:43:47 PM »
The shriek  was from miss.rosie,, she was  sure of it, she stoped a moment,looking  back,  a comforting feeling  that  she  would  have nothing to fear from

the thing that had become  miss. rosies.Just wanting to get off this  dirt road and out of these  woods,, she begins to run again,  with each step    just a little further  she thinks..and then  suddenly in front of her looms,   then end of the dirt drive  and the edge of the pavement,  the hum  of a big truck rumbles down  the paved road. she stops,and looks back one last time, then  turns  .

AIIGH, a startled  yelp..walking  from the woods   stoping and standing in front of her.. angela....the angela  that she had known before.

ANGELA......going some where lexi?

LEXI..... it's over  angela, i just want to leave.i should have never come here...

ANGELA.....{smiles,,it's not a friendly smile}  her teeth  look sharp more like fangs}.... it's never over between us   lexi, your  right,you should have never come here... "ain't no, running,ain't no going back, when you came to the middle of the paw-paw patch...

Her face  beginning to change  again, into something more evil, she takes a step fowards...lexi takes a step back, then stops, no she is'ent mving backwards, whatever happens, happens here

LEXI....I'M  not afraid  of you

ANGELA...ohhh, but you are, , you always been afraid,   afraid of  belonging,, of being alone, is'ent that why  you hurt yourself {pointing at  my wrist,that's why we brought you here

The sound of singing,,faint..then louder   the same   song as earlier...{some glad morn-ing when this life is ov[var,i'llfly away....

the little blonde  girl  brushes past lexi,,,still draging the long branch,  she turns looks at lexi and smiles... then moves between lexi and the angela thing.

THE LITTLE GIRL    turns  to face the   angela thing.     move  away  , and bother this child  no longer.

LEXI.....that voice,the eyes...she remebered the voice,,could it be?

THE ANGELA THING.... it's eyes  fluttered...a startled look,,,,a look of fear, then a look of hate....it started fowards

The little  girl swings her arm back, the branch is not a branch at all,,it's a long black whip, it. makes a  hiss sound lashing fowards wraping itself around the angela thing...Aiigh  it shrieks trying to twist and turn  , the more it moves the more the whip tightens  around it....The  angela sthing  wails again, the  begins to dissolve away..into smoke...the whip's coils drop to the road  around  a pile of  dust. a gust of wind carries the dust away..

The  little  girl  turns  her blue  eyes  piercing into lexi'

THE LITTLE  GIRL...... go  now baby, they will bother you no more

LEXI      that voice}....  grannie  maw,,is this you?

THE LITTLE GIRL....  no, baby...look into her face, do you not recognize her?  she has been with you always, in different forms, in  good times, and bad,  she was with you  at the hospital

LEXI......yes, i do recognize her now,

tHE LITTLE GIRL...... she is your angel, and but a vessel  for me to speak with you

Lexi,,, begins  to cry  again, 

THE LITTLE GIRL... don't be  sad  baby

LEXI...  But i miss you so much,,and mama,,and daddy,

THE LITTLE GIRL.......i know  baby, { she takes and lifts lexi's wrist softly, looking at the scares you must never  don't let  bad  evil thoughts, hurt you again baby.

LEXI......i just wanted to be with you again,i just felt so alone

THE LITTLE  GIRL..  ohh baby,   it's not your time,  you have  so much to give,and live for, so many to love you, if you just let them.. she lifts  my wrist softly kissing the scares, you must never  hurt yourself  again baby, push those bad  evil thoughts from your mind

LEXI...yes em, grannie maw

THE LITTLE GIRL.... and remeber we are always  with you...your heart, your mind,and your soul...i have to go now  baby

LEXI.... will i see you again, grannie maw

THE LITTLE GIRL.......not in a very long time baby,, she turns and walks back into the dense  brush...and slowly vaanishes

Minutes pass, lexi stands watching into the woods,,,,,then turns  and starts walking toward the pavement...moving around   where the angela thing had stood
stoping and looking back one final time before crossing the road  to  the smalll store..her car was still there, people came out of the store.  she saw mr.henry sitting  on the bence  drinking a coke.
he walks  over to the car.

MR.HENRY  are you ok  girl

LEXI {SMILES}  i'm fine

MR.HENRY   you look different

LEXI...   i feel different

MR.HENRY......did anything happen,

LEXI......ohh,yeah

MR.HENRY...did you see anyting

LEXI....i saw  jake banner

MR.HENRY.. [his eyes  wide}  you did?  did he say anything

LEXI..unlocking,and getting into the car...he said that he missed you..{

MR.HENRY     {smiles}