News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

About this section.

• 1 Replies

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
About this section.
« on: June 01, 2022, 03:55:47 AM »
We made this section for stories that are several chapters long. So if you are planning to write one with several chapters this is where they go from now on.
The rules of this section are the same as the rest of the forum.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 04:01:47 AM by BigDevil »
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: About this section.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 10:19:51 AM »
Some further clarification:

The purpose of this section is to house stories which are being continuously updated. If you find your posting style is doing multiple posts daily for multiple days you will likely be moved here. This is done to prevent other stories which are self contained (less than 5 posts by the writer) being buried by someone whose "chapter" is 60 posts over 60 days. This section allows both styles equal chance.  Please see this thread https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?topic=102809.0  for further information.

1.   “other sections? “  Our focus with this new section is to clean up the issue these stories are causing in catfight stories. Meaning we won’t be enforcing it unless needed in the other sections. If boxing has one thread in 25 doing it we won’t be moving that thread there. If someone did write a boxing thread fitting the serial format they would be welcome to post it in the serials section. I really don’t think they would get any real advantage doing that since boxing fans likely just look in the Boxing section.  We are trying to make this a low upkeep solution. Only stories we really wouldn’t want to see there are non English for obvious reasons.

2.   “What if I add to my existing story? Should I move it to serials? “ I would say no especially if your update is sporadic and self contained. If you add a new chapter over a couple days to a tale you told a month ago you aren’t a serial.

The focus is more the ones where Chapter 1 is 25 daily posts, let alone Chapter 2. And if you are REALLY concerned you could always do Chapter 2 as its own thread.  As I said we are more concerned with the spirit of the rule than making a bunch of technical rules to cover everything possible.