News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Jonica, Rox and Laurie

• 2 Replies

Offline coachzzz

Jonica, Rox and Laurie
« on: September 08, 2022, 06:57:44 PM »
Times change.   Our modern world demands more concentration on the now, and less on the past and how we were.   I love several of the current writers on this site.  But I do not want the history of this site to be forgotten.   

About a decade ago, several excellent writers toiled at their craft on this site.   While there are several of them that deserve their own accolades, I wanted to focus in on three writers in particular.   They are Jonica, Gemma Rox (who now goes by ~Rox Erotique~), and Laurie Breeze.  They and several other writers joined up in dozens of interesting stories, often using each other’s characters in various settings.   Almost all of these stories can still be found by using the Search engine of this site, using the keywords of the author’s name or a particular word from a story title.  Jonica and Rox did many different story scenarios besides the series noted below.   Laurie Breeze did some wonderful series and long stories of her own, such as Old Deadwood Days, There’s No Crying in Basebrawl, and others. 

The purpose of this post is to list two of the best series that the above authors (and their colleagues) put together in the 2010 to 2012 time frame.   They are both on the very long side, but they are worth your time if you are at all interested in these long-form types of stories.  I will not do links to the stories, as the destinations get moved from time to time on this site and links get broken.   I won't do a new post on any of them just to bump them up, as that is not fair to current writers.  Just use the Search engine and you will find all of these stories as well as many more.   

The Jonica and Gemma Rox (now Rox Erotique) saga  (10 stories)

Some Fools Never Learn (A Tragedy) – Round 1 of the Joni-Gemma Wars      by Jonica
You Did What Now?  (A Misunderstanding)  Round 2 of the Joni-Gemma Wars   by Rox Erotique
Brit in the Bayou Joni-Gemma wars3 deciding fight (new beginnings)      by Stormbolt7
Passionate Hatred part 1                     by Jonica
Passionate Hatred part 2                     by Rox Erotique
Passionate Hatred part 3                     by Marie B.
Passionate Hatred part 4                     by howardcosell
Passionate Hatred part 5                     by Stormbolt7
All Bad Things Come to an End               by Rox Erotique
End Game                           by Jonica

The Jonica and Laurie Breeze stories  (2 long stories)

Black Night in the Black Hills                     by Laurie Breeze
A Clockwork Strawberry                        by Jonica

I do not know if very many of you will decide to go back and read these stories, but I owe it to those of you who might be interested to help you find these gems from the past.

Thank you to those of you (past and present) who have graced us with your imaginative tales.

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
Re: Jonica, Rox and Laurie
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 06:10:47 AM »
It is very nice of you to list the works of these authors. Even the most popular stories, sooner or later, end up in the back pages and get carried downstream further and further away from the present. I read The Junkyard by Jonica. It was highly entertaining, to say the least. She’s definitely talented as I’m sure all the other ones you mentioned are as well. I’d be interested in seeing their collaborations. I also read some of Jenn Peccavi’s stories. Those of us who like to write can learn a lot from creative talents. Thanks for bringing  these writers to the attention of those of us who are relative novices to this genre.
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

Offline coachzzz

Re: Jonica, Rox and Laurie
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:28:42 PM »
Turnabout is fair play.   Jenn Peccavi was very prolific back in that time period as well, and her works were very descriptive with multiple story lines stretching over many stories.  Some of her series include Jenn's stories of her own character, plus The Becca Chronicles, Kelly and Her Friends, Bethany Battles Life and Melissa Windeyer's Wanton Mayhem, as well as other single stories.  I wasn't into those stories as much back then, but I should give them a read or re-read now after a decade has passed.   As noted above, most of her work can still be found on this site via the Search engine. 

The Junkyard was a fun read.   Jonica has a very fun style of writing, but can also go very deep into the emotions of the story.   That group of authors (which also included Rxx, Laurie Breeze,  Marie B., Kayla, and others) did many more stories, some single stories and some inter-related.    All were very talented.   One thing I do notice is that many of these authors told stories in the first person point of view, describing their own character's exploits.  Their stories seem more energized as a result. 

The imagination of some of the writers throughout the history of this site is quite impressive.