News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Critique of Yellowstone: Beth vs Summer

• 7 Replies

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
Critique of Yellowstone: Beth vs Summer
« on: December 09, 2022, 01:48:15 PM »
A for effort, but flaws in the choreography, of the Season 5 Episode 5 Beth vs Summer fight:

a> The fight doesn't start with the girls squared up.  Beth sucker-punches Summer.

b> Little too dark out.  I can watch YouTube if I want to watch barely-visable fights in the dark.  (Although I did appreciate the fight on the grass.)

c> The camera in so close during the grappling takes the onus off the actresses to cut loose/be realistic. 

d> The blood coming out of Summer:  is it from scratches?  Beth's bare knuckles?  rolling?  Because it doesn't look like any of those three.....

e> ....and why does it keep caking up in the same streams?

f> What's with the cowboy giving the long Sam-Elliott-at-the-end-of-The-Big-Lebowski lecture?.....

g> ....why is't he giving the girls towels?......

h> .....or letting them finish?

Offline Buxom Blonde

• God Member
Re: Critique of Yellowstone: Beth vs Summer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 06:28:27 PM »
anything sinclairfan written is better than your opinion.

Offline sedmas

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 01:24:10 AM »
anything sinclairfan written is better than your opinion.

Agreed!   I love Sinclairfan’s writing and have enjoyed each and every one. 

Offline Die For Dina

• You are less good than I am, in all likelihood.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 04:34:41 AM »
Nice to see civility reigning.

Offline shotgun6

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 06:36:14 PM »
Just my 2 cents; it was about as "realistic" as anything one could expect to find on a mainstream TV drama; the girls weren't ridiculously portrayed as some kind of kung-fu ninja masters, so they fought in a fairly realistic style; and because it's a "serious TV drama" there wasn't any overt, or even tongue-in-cheek sexuality added (like ripped tops, exposed boobs, semi orgasmic gasping and grunting, or anything like that); so, just a nice little feature for those who like this stuff, but nothing particularly prurient or erotic about it.
From a show standpoint, I can't stand Beth, so would really like to see her get the snot smacked out of her, regardless of who does it, and if it could have happened in front of her husband and father  so much the better; but as a noteworthy catfight, nothing special. But still fun to watch. Just a postscript; Old-time westerns (50s-early 60s) did this stuff much better!

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 01:20:06 AM »
The Yellowstone fight is exactly on point for what I would expect from those two women fighting today, only because that's how weak/soft so many in their real life positions actually are.

.....except....what was up with that blood caked on Summer's face? ..... what WERE those? ..... nail scratches?..... cuts?

If you're gonna do make-up, make it semi-convincing.

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 11:00:11 PM »
First, love Beth and Rip.  My wife and I both really enjoy the series and quote them both often in our daily life.  Our favorite line "I love you, but Fuck You" (subscript is "you are totally right, I know you are totally right, and I hate that you are totally right, and I totally love you in spite of you being totally right").  I suspect the Yellowstone writer may be one of us.  So far there have been maybe half a dozen catfights in the series.  I mean they had a catfight over freaking Jimmy.  Even for Montana I suspect that is a lot of catfights.  And all of his catfights are like the catfights I have seen in real life.  Not like Mission Impossible or 100 other action movies where a catfight now appears to always involve karate.  Of course that is probably appropriate for most of those action movies.  I am sure super spies probably are well trained and none of their fights look like a "Typical" catfight. 

My only critique of this particular fight was the blood streaming out of apparently their foreheads???  Only way I have seen that happen in a fight (male or female) is if it starts with a bottle or a rock being smashed over somebodies head.  You might get a small trickle out of the nose or lip.  Maybe some streaks from scratches.  But gushing blood from the forehead?  Maybe possibly on one of them if they crashed into a sharp boulder, but both of them, and still fighting?  Never.  And then no hospital visit after?  Those wounds would scar up like crazy.  I don't care how tough they are... not finishing dinner like that.  Going to the ER.  Getting some proper stitches.  As far as Rip's control of the fight in the end, he has done that same thing with the cowboys he is in charge of in the series.  Not at all strange.  Just the way Rip handles things.
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline watchourwivesfight

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 02:27:26 AM »
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I loved that fight.

Although Summer is a princess, I loved it when she almost had Beth in a rear naked choke.  Would have loved to see her put Beth to sleep that way.

the fight I was hoping to see happen was Monica against the Native American woman who worked at the Yellowstone for awhile and had her horses stolen.  She has the hots for Casey.