News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Is the term "catfight" being used less these days?

• 18 Replies

Offline drtheglob

• God Member
Is the term "catfight" being used less these days?
« on: December 28, 2022, 04:38:37 AM »
It kind of just dawned on me that I don't hear it as much.

If so, it could just be that the word is just gradually getting more and more dated, or perhaps feminist analysis of language has encourage some to use it less.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:38:54 AM by drtheglob »

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
Re: Is the term "catfight" being used less these days?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 10:12:28 PM »
It kind of just dawned on me that I don't hear it as much.

If so, it could just be that the word is just gradually getting more and more dated, or perhaps feminist analysis of language has encourage some to use it less.
I would guess it is used much less.  It used to be applied anytime any women disagreed about anything.  Two female politicians have different policy positions... it was a catfight.  Two female race car drivers in the same big race... a catfight.  The feminists hated it I think with good reason.  It lowered their actual positions, accomplishments, skills, etc. to kind of a common sexualized brawl.  So they have functionally removed it.  At the same time I think they have removed it from its proper use.  If two women get into a fight at a concert, it is now an assault or a disturbance.  But it is just a word.  Doesn't bother me at all if they don't use it on the news.
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 11:26:18 PM »
Heck, when Amy Adams and Pam STOOD NEXT TO EACH OTHER on 'The Office', Michael Scott said, "Don't you two catfight, now."

So.....

We're all paying the price now.

Offline tommy84

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 01:49:16 PM »
The "Catfight" category is gone completely at C4S. I think the main reason is credit card companies (rightfully) blocking any animal stuff, but not understanding what a catfight is or vendors trying to stay out of trouble and thus removing it.

Offline LQQKING4CATFIGHTER

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 02:12:11 AM »
  Not many fans are under 40, I'm afraid the fan base that keeps all these great catfight producers going is dying out as we lose more and more of the older fans each year and seem not the replace them with new younger fans like back in the 90's and early 2000's when I first started to collect videos.
   Only Robin is really still going in LA but she is over 60 and have no idea if she will retire and the last of the old school LA Catfight world will be gone.
   Maybe the 20 something Catfight fans are doing video game catfights? Are there Catfights on tiktok?
Catfight, f/f Wrestling, Grappling and f/f Boxing fan

Offline rin753

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 03:12:56 AM »

Well every time you use the word "catfight" on this website, which is dedicated to catfights, it tells you that you are spelling it wrong.

Rich

Offline DottiD

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 08:29:54 AM »
Honestly for me, i have not noticed that, but then again i live in an area of the U.S. where we still say Merry Christmas and all the other things these “sensitive” tender upset uptight steps find outrageous. And we do not care, it is just like when Howard Stern first became huge, every body who was shocked and appalled made complaints and they were told simply , “then don’t listen”. So around here and well much of the South a cat fight is between two women and a fight between two men.

As far as producers caving to these idiotic new wave of stating things, they have the power to say “then don’t watch” if enough of us just act like we use to and ignore these babies they will go away and cry to momma, which most of them live with still anyway.

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 11:13:11 PM »
To be clear, I don't think it is used less in everyday conversation.  Even here in the land of liberal lakes.  It is just the media has decided it is not appropriate to use so we here it less there.  Just part of the world loosing it's collective mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyM5Hrtsga0

I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline thors hammer

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 06:48:36 AM »
Sounds as though some one is a student of garage logic.

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2023, 05:38:46 PM »
I believe that it is being used less, and I would postulate that the primary reason has to do with the connotation that a "catfight" is a scrap between two women that involves slaps, hair pulling, clothes ripping, rolling around -- things that are usually not found in a male vs. male fight  In today's gender equity environment I would suggest that such an encounter is viewed by many as being degrading or subservient to men, who find this stuff arousing.  The fights that are acceptable to this line of thinking is the same type of fight that we would see between two men -- basically a fist fight or slugfest or punch out.  Even the recent movie "Catifight" really didn't offer any of the old style catfights, but the modern violent, fist fight.  I have heard from young women, that this makes them feel more empowered.  OK. 

I predict that the only catfights that we are likely to see in the future will involve two male cross-dressers engaging in a catty contest.  Susan Ondine was well ahead of his time.  (You have to be a veteran of Barb's Board to comprehend the previous sentence.)

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2023, 06:09:24 PM »
  The fights that are acceptable to this line of thinking is the same type of fight that we would see between two men -- basically a fist fight or slugfest or punch out.  Even the recent movie "Catifight" really didn't offer any of the old style catfights, but the modern violent, fist fight.  I have heard from young women, that this makes them feel more empowered.  OK. 

I 99% agree with this.  Its full manifestation is embodied in women bare knuckles, which is a 3-5 minute exhibition whose primary tactic appears to be to achieve a submission based on complete facial disfigurement, as if we're living in the era of Sugar Ray Robinson.

P.s. Funny you bring up Susan Ondine--we appear to be headed to Susan Ondine's world, at least in athletics.

Offline wasteland1952

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 05:42:56 AM »
I certainly don't hear the word "catfight" in movies and tv shows as much these days.  Also, using the search word, catfight, doesn't bring up much anymore in yt.  I've seen this trend coming for quite some time.  What older farts like me enjoy seeing when girls fight, hair pulling, fighting on the ground, rolling over each other, etc., is frowned upon by most of the spectators in the crowd nowadays.  How many times do you hear people in the crowd yelling at the girls to stop pulling hair, or when the fight goes to the ground, someone tries to get the girls to stand up and square off and use their fists?  I don't know what the people who don't want the girls to fight like girls get out of seeing a catfight, but it isn't the same thing that turns on a lot of us old school types, at least in my opinion.

Offline surfboarder

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 07:44:46 PM »
The term "catfight" is used less for reasons of political correctness, among other things.

Both the word itself and the images it suggests are considered unladylike, tending towards degrading.

Traditional fans of catfighting, on the other hand, enjoy the term precisely because of the images it suggests! Nothing better than the sight of two women engaged in hair-pulling, clothes-ripping action ;D

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 08:28:57 PM »
Sounds as though some one is a student of garage logic.

And what is your CI?

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 07:04:35 AM »
Interesting comments. Some of you pointed out that fans of “traditional” cat fights are mostly older men. Could it simply be that Generation Z is accustomed to seeing women compete in wrestling, boxing, and mma, making fights between untrained women less relevant? Today, in high school, that cute girl in algebra class might be on the wrestling team or training in bjj at a dojo downtown.

I have a question for the guys who prefer the “old school” catfights to fights between skilled female fighters. Is your aversion to women “acting like men” limited to fighting or does it extend to other gender roles? For instance, would you consent to an operation by an impeccably trained female surgeon? Would you be OK working for a female boss if she had the best qualifications? Let a female attorney represent you in court? Or are you a guy who likes catfights, but otherwise, considers yourself socially progressive?

I’m only curious and will not criticize anyone willing to answer. I work in a traditionally female dominated profession and have heard it all. At one end of the spectrum, some view nurses as subservient handmaidens. At the other end, we’re high tech wizards operating complex life-saving equipment. I’ve long noted that attitudes toward gender roles are mainly influenced by age and social background. I’m curious if the same parallels are present in female fight interests.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 07:07:08 AM by Kiva »
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.