News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

catfights in the workplace

• 19 Replies

Offline DottiD

• God Member
Re: catfights in the workplace
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 09:44:53 PM »
I personally feel its a double edged sword , at least as “today” goes. Girls/women are more prone to let the aggression fly, cause of issues like bail reform. Unlike just a few years ago if a fight broke out 1 in not both were going to jail or have a report or complaint filed against each other.  If it was near the work place you both faced getting fired where now the word triggered is get out trouble card.

Years ago when i danced i saw my share of work place fights from petty to full on, most times the owner made sure to schedule the two in question. By days of the work week,so they never saw each other again. I also had an altercation with a girl who was a traveling dancer (we called them gypsy dancers) she left after our second altercation never to return, but your talking about a time where social media was not really a thing. Today people have this stupid idea that being filmed doing anything means you made it big and your worth depends on views and likes, making anyone ready to do anything.

Offline MaggieX

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 12:26:51 AM »
There's probably a dozen women at work that I'd love to fight. Would I ever ? Nope ! Way too complex in this day and age.
Leave work though ? Get a job somewhere else ? Then yes bitch, let's fight ! For sure.

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2023, 07:16:44 PM »
The pic below is called Catfight: Hello, Nurse by female artist Kirsten Johnson. She has similar paintings depicting nurses, airline attendants and geishas. I think she’s like me in that she uses catfights as artistic expressions of how women sometimes treat each other.

Fun Fact: Nurses stopped wearing caps around 1980. I have never worn one. The white uniform disappeared in the 1990s. Today, scrubs are the standard uniform.

And no, despite my fictional stories, I have never seen a physical fight related to work.
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2023, 10:32:06 PM »
It's not common at all, at least in my workplace or my friends'. But with that said, nobody likes each other and the only thing that keeps everything in check is rules and regulations. You can't get physical ever.

Offline martianboy2

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2023, 10:43:43 AM »
Catfights, at least physical fights, in the work place are a rarity. That’s not to say they never do, or never have happened. I’ve heard of women fighting after work, but generally, well away from the actual work place.

When I worked in an office, pre-1998, I knew of four women, who actually worked with me, who had fought with another woman whom they had worked with. That would have spanned a period of around forty years. They’ve all retired now.

I know of two other women, who worked elsewhere, who had also fought with a woman they had worked with.

Taking  the ages of them when I finished working in an office, and one of those women had retired by then, that would have been twelve women out of thousands of women over the years..

Also, any fights that happened, would not have been filmed. There was no internet when those women fought. If two women were going to fight, it could be kept a closely regarded secret. It was all kept to word of mouth.

One woman told me, the only fight she ever saw between two women who worked in the same office, was back in 1971 or 1972. There had been bad feeling between them for quite a while. It eventually came to boiling point. The atmosphere changed in the office, and everybody went very secretive.

On the day they were going to fight, you could cut the atmosphere in that office with a knife. There were “secret whispers” going around. Most women wanted to know everything, but at the same time, didn’t want to say anything.

The two women who were going to fight, both in their early forties, remained silent that day.

They fought on a Friday after work behind an old derelict building, well away from the office. Both women reported sick on the Monday.

In this case they were lucky. If they had been wearing a work uniform, they could have been dismissed for bringing the company into disrepute. Also, they fought about twenty minutes after their official finishing time, so it was classed has something else.

They would have likely to have lost their jobs today.