News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

great catfight on the old tv western Gunsmoke

• 2 Replies

Offline wasteland1952

• God Member
great catfight on the old tv western Gunsmoke
« on: March 30, 2023, 11:21:48 PM »
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share some info about what I consider one of the better western catfights I'd ever seen on tv.

It's from the fantastic old tv show, Gunsmoke.  The catfight is in the first part of the 1974 episode entitled The Guns of Cibola Blanca.  It's a great old fashioned catfight like you used to be able to see when tv shows and movies actually featured catfights, not the martial arts type fights seen today.  I read a little about this episode on the IMDB.  Amanda Blake, who for years played Miss Kitty Russell, owner of the Longbranch saloon, refused to do this episode.  I had seen a post of that catfight some years ago, but I can't find it anywhere on the net now.

So, just keep your eyes peeled for this episode if you happen to have cable or satellite channels that feature great old western shows.

Offline Bear

• God Member
Re: great catfight on the old tv western Gunsmoke
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 02:01:43 AM »
You're right.  It was a real good one.  I had it on one of my compilation tapes, but it got lost when I transferred from VHS to DVD.  I think that I've seen on the web somewhere, but it may be gone now. 

Offline snw

• God Member
Re: great catfight on the old tv western Gunsmoke
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 03:34:47 AM »
Saw that episode in the last couple weeks on inspiration channel. It wasn’t Kitty though but the actress was Dorothy Tristen whose name in the episode was Lyla, the other woman who wasn’t all the much to look at was Gloria Leroy. Dorothy Tristen was a good looking lady and it was about a good a catfight as you’d see on tv. Dorothy won the fight. If I see the link I’ll post it.