News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Year In Review

• 9 Replies

Offline b3b392

Year In Review
« on: January 02, 2024, 12:50:46 AM »
And I thought 2022 was disappointing...

There's no real way of candy-coating it, 2023 was a pretty poor year for catfighting fans.

First of all two of the more promising producers all but disappeared insofar as Slap City and Mexican Catfights pretty much stopped production. Granted they did produce some decent stuff in the first half of the year with the Akela vs Arabella fight from Slap City probably being the pick of the bunch, but even the stuff they did produce didn't quite catch fire in the way that I would have hoped. That's not a criticism of either producer, real fights are unpredictable, but for whatever reason, the magic just didn't really happen this year. Slap City recently took to Twitter to say he'll be back soon, so here's hoping 2024 will be better.

The undisputed king of the catfight, Suitefights was also a little underwhelming this year. The first two fights of the year featuring Stephanie were decent if uneventful, with her fight with Angel being the pick of the two, as you can always rely on Angel to bring some emotion and intensity to things, but still, they weren't classics. The Bella Gypsy vs Nadia fight was also pretty decent if one-sided but left me wanting more. Unfortunately, more wasn't forthcoming. At least on the catfight front. The Oil Wrestling tournaments were entertaining enough for what they are and it was nice to see Mira again, but even when I enjoy them, I lament the fact that those same girls aren't doing full-blown catfights. It is what it is and you can't knock the man for his efforts, he's still clearly the best at what he does, but again, that magical lightning just didn't strike.

That lightning was also disappointingly missing from what should arguably have been the best fight of the year, when Tilly brought Paris Love and Vika together to fight it out. Again though, the fight slightly underwhelmed with it being pretty one-sided and tight for space. It wasn't a terrible fight by any means, and the whole tooth thing was novel if nothing else, but it definitely lacked something. Even more annoying is the fact that neither woman has done anything of note in the catfight sphere since.

We also haven't seen anything at all from Nikki Darling, Alexa Brooke, Emma Ray or even Sarah Brooke in a proper competitive catfight match, and Sunni Ray has been missing since her humbling defeat at the hands of Chakira.

Regan's Kitty Claws productions have put out a few catfights this year, some involving Peyton which is always something I'm happy to see, but she hasn't yet fully mastered the production side of things. The rough approach to filming often leaves a little to be desired and the off-camera coaching and encouragment never sits right with me, but I applaud her effort and hope she continues to improve through 2024.

Catzreview only produced one fight and it was a bit of a disappointing one-sided affair too, though there are at least some positive signs of something happening in the new year.

So, are there any positives?

Well, for the more rough and ready side of things, SOCAL have continued churning out fights pretty regularly and although there's always something a little too stop/start about their fights, there's definitely been a few strong fights from them this year. The lack of any new Leena fights was disappointing personally, but Jamie always brings the fire and had several solid scraps this year.

Fighting Dolls continues to churn out a plethora of fights and there are always some gems hidden in amongst the crop, though even there a lot of the more established girls have gone AWOL in recent months. The lack of Lenora and Monet have been particularly big misses, but some of the new girls are showing some real promise.

I mentioned her already, but Angel was a welcome presence at Suitefights once again. The hint that British veteran Sahara had a fight at Slap City which was never released was encouraging if also a little frustrating, and the recent coming to prominence of Shortstop's twitter account promises some interesting things for next year should she actually tart selling her fights.

Which I suppose brings me to looking forward to next year, and the signs are promising. First off, as I've just mentioned her Shortstop seems like she's going to be fighting Fyona Rider which could be good. The fact that Sexywife has just re-opened her Gumroad site bodes well for her possible return. Slap City has said he's coming back in the new year. I have every confidence that Suitefights will pull something out of the hat at some point, SOCAL will likely keep doing what they do, and hopefully some of the girls who've been keeping a low profile for a bit will get back on the mats before too long.

Once again, I want to reiterate that although I've generally been disappointed with what has been produced this year, I don't fault the producers for this. Fight that could/should have been great just didn't catch fire, and a lot of the reliable old guard of fighters have seemingly gone to ground or found easier ways of making a buck, making it even more difficult to guarantee entertaining matches.

Here's hoping for a better 2024. If you think I've missed anything out, or respectfuly disagree with my opinion, let me know what you think.

Offline rin753

• God Member
Re: Year In Review
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 02:54:23 AM »

Excellent recap.  Must have taken you a very long time.  I'm duly impressed.

Three observations....

1.  These things do run hot and cold.  You are right, 2023 was sort of cold, but we might all be surprised at any moment.

2.  If you actually can get turned on by women pretending to fight, it's a gold mine out there.  Personally I hate that stuff and I wish consumers who recommend these videos would mention they are scripted, and save us real fight lovers some time.

3. There is good news in the world of Catfight fiction!  A certain story called THE DINER has set an all time record with 67 "likes" on FCF, and it doesn't even have a fight in it.  (Don't ask me how I know)

Rich

Offline LQQKING4CATFIGHTER

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 05:35:42 AM »
  Sadly the days of posting a top 10 matches of the year list is long gone. Back in early 2000's the list would have producers from UK, Germany, Czech and USA. Today only Czech producers are still doing Catfights in Europe and LA and NYC is dead! 
   Since all of todays celebs are found online, LA and NYC no longer see the huge numbers of women move there to get famous like in the 80-90's when LA and NYC produced tons of videos a year! Today you only have Robin in LA and Veve in NYC still producing videos.   It's great that some of the producers work out of smaller cities, but will never have the pool of sexy models to book like LA back in the 90's.
   Last match I bought as new release was CattyBattles Alexis Kim Vs Sugar, Alexis kicked ass on a first timer in Sugar who gave a spirted fight but didn't have the skills to hang with Alexis.
Catfight, f/f Wrestling, Grappling and f/f Boxing fan

Offline Gitter73

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 02:24:31 PM »
b3b392‘S recap is so accurate. He nailed it with his observations. Good work. Let’s hope for a better year in so many ways.

Offline Flamingo

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 02:59:40 PM »
Mexican catfights really lost their mojo in 2023. They had so much potential but lost santana to a competitor.
Im glad Suitefights is wtill making stuff. But the quality has decreased. The last belka gypsy catfight was a lazy flop

Offline tr0tz

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 06:46:59 PM »
My catfight of the year was Wrestling 'n' more's Amber/Santana vs. Jade catfight. Yes, it's inside of a ring. But it's fully competitive over four, hard fought rounds. Epic in duration and intensity.

https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/144115/28350667/2023-08-27-epic-showdown-jade-vs-amber-real-catfight-brawl-in-the-ring-camera-2

Offline Gitter73

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 10:46:16 PM »
Amber vs Santana was really good. Santana is so tough and attractive. A real scrapper. We need more real cf’s featuring this lady. Jade is a favorite in real matches. She gives it all.

Offline Flamingo

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 07:18:54 AM »
Amber vs Santana was really good. Santana is so tough and attractive. A real scrapper. We need more real cf’s featuring this lady. Jade is a favorite in real matches. She gives it all.

Santana vs Sarah brooke or nikki darling needs to happen in 2024 ;D

Offline MrRain

• God Member
  • Husband of Ivy Rain, producer of Lesbian Sexfights
    • Mr Rain Sexfights
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 09:53:34 AM »
Obviously I'm not a catfight producer (not my thing) but I really feel for the producers of this content.

Production is not an easy job, and it costs money and a lot of it.  Unfortunately one site in particular is pirating the shit out of all the catfight producers and for someone like Slap CIty who is just starting out it must be A - Absolutely soul destroying and B - hitting the bottom line making it difficult to afford more production

You want more production of the content you like, don't pirate it or support the pirate websites.  Our fetish is so niche and the profit margins so tiny that these sites really hurt us, a fact which SlapCity has mentioned on his twitter feed.

Its such a shame because the girls I know who worked for him really enjoyed it and rated him as someone to work for.

Offline mister4562004

• I have had a girl fight fetish for many years
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2024, 03:31:29 AM »
In terms of fantasy, scripted catfights, there were two released by DT Wrestling featuring Goldie Blair and Dee Williams : DT-1679 and DT-1714.  Yes, there are times you can tell it isn't real, but these girls really put a lot of energy in their videos, with emphasis on catfighting, and if you like large breasts colliding, and great, old-fashioned victory poses (winner sitting on loser's stomach, with loser's breasts exposed while her arms are pinned underneath winner's legs), these videos hit the spot. The girls fight topless and in heels in both videos, in a parlor setting. I checked out a few other Goldie Blair and Dee Williams videos (not vs each other) in 2023, and they weren't nearly as good as these two. In addition, both videos have decent camera work, no excessive close-ups that simply ruin good scenes. I have often been disappointed by bad camera work, and this includes DT Wrestling, But for these two videos, it is generally excellent. Again, the emphasis is on catfighting. For fans like me, now in my mid-60's, having become spellbound by catfights in early puberty, from movies and TV shows of the 60's and 70's, apartment house wrestling, Triumph Studios, etc... the style of fighting in these two videos is from that era, not too many holds, lots of rolling around and angry expressions, and at least 3 falls in each video so we get to see each girl win, and pose. It had been a while since I purchased two videos as satisfying as these. I can only hope that DT Wrestling releases more in 2024 featuring these girls. I'm not sure how long these two will be at it since they've been on the scene for many years now, but I guess it speaks to my age when I say that watching two mature, beautiful, busty women fighting it out turns me on more than watching younger ladies (although I like that too). Goldie and Dee seem to bring out the best in each and it makes their battles extremely entertaining spectacles.