News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

How to (maybe) dramatically improve your writing in 1 easy step

• 4 Replies

Offline Crimsonrash

How to (maybe) dramatically improve your writing in 1 easy step
« on: February 17, 2024, 10:32:01 PM »
So this is going to be super obvious to many of you and a revelation to the rest, but USE SOME WRITING SOFTWARE.
Full disclosure, I'm late to this party. The only tool I'd use when writing regularly was a spell check and it showed. Every day I see writers on the board here with some really good ideas but the story suffers because creating something hot is a different skill set from transcribing it.
I ended up downloading Grammarly because it's free, then ran a story through it that I was actually kinda confident in. One that I'd certainly  "self edited" a number of times. The program picked up a wild number of errors and it's a lot more readable now.
Anyhow, if this entire post feels unwieldily, that's because I wrote it on my phone which only has spell check lol. Your stories deserve the best presentation you can give them, don't slow down at the finish line.

Offline Crimsonrash

Re: How to (maybe) dramatically improve your writing in 1 easy step
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 10:34:26 PM »
As an additional note, I know very little about A.I. or it's place in fetish writing. So everything I've said relates entirely to cleaning up your own work rather than making something new entirely.

Offline MikeHales67

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 10:40:13 AM »
I have Grammerly on my works machine since it nicely integrates with Word and am in teh process of getting it to work with Libreoffice. I think it is a Godsend, It is doing what AI does best which is automating a tedious process. But it is sobering to realise that after speaking English as my ONLY language for forty-odd years, how badly I use it.It does have difficulties recognoising that there are other forms of English apart from American Englsh, but I'm used to that.

The AI, it seems to me can only generate boilerplate content. It could never come up with somthing like "FUCKINGSHITSLUTSLAGWHORE",
Consciously Imcompetant.

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 12:33:34 AM »
My advice: Read a creative writing book. John Gardner's Art of Fiction is a good  place to start.

Offline MikeHales67

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 11:18:03 AM »
Thank you very much for that. £15 on Amazon, arrives tomorrow.
I bought myself ANOTHER early birthday present.
If I become as fractionally as good as you, I'll be well pleased.
Consciously Imcompetant.