News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Catfight in music video - CX KiDTRONiK "SHE'S A MURDERER / Atari Teenage Riot

• 3 Replies

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
Catfight in music video - CX KiDTRONiK "SHE'S A MURDERER / Atari Teenage Riot

This is pretty nifty. The video link was sent to me by one of the guys in the group. He's actually in this video and directed the fight scene himself. How cool is that!! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiKk4NaEJZk&feature=related

The scene is @ 1.46.

Take a looksie and let us know your thoughts on the sequence, I think the scene itself is brilliantly done and has given me some inspiration for some our upcoming shoots.

Cheers
John

Offline JohnMoog

• God Member
Interesting and new to me, thanks for posting.  I don't see much there to contribute to an erotic fighting video.  That is highly stylized and attempts to be artistic, with too much going on.  I like my vids stripped down (no pun intended) to the basics: intense bodily contact, sweat, moaning, all captured at length by a steady camera and clear mic. 

Offline marcuslondon

Yep, thanks for the link but if you are looking for opinions then I'm sorry to say this gets a "thumbs down" from me.  The scene is as disjointed as the music - you hardly have time to get into any of the themes or lyrics before they are plucked away and replaced with something else.  And also like the music, there's far too much going on for my liking.  Each to there own!  and thanks again for sharing.
M

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
Well for me, there are a couple of reasons it works, and works well.

Regarding the music / sound, I'm not too fussed and it not an important element for me in the scene. What I did like about the scene is the sequence where you have two girls fronting up in a club somewhere, then cleverly edited or shot to give a strobe light / disco effect. For what it attempts to portray, I think it does it rather well.

lets be honest, it's not s definitive catfight scene, and it's not sold as such but these are the very scenes, by type (i.e mainstream & media), that lead us all into this genre.

It's a music video that has girl fight scene in it, and I'm sure, if I had stayed more sober in my youth, I would have witnessed something similar in the clubs I visited with heavy music and strobing "disco" lights going on. To film it differently, imo, would be wrong. I think, in context, it's filmed perfectly.

Just my opinion :-)

cheers
John

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:29:04 AM by FEMMEFIGHT »