News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

PLEASE READ- UPCOMING CHANGES

• 7 Replies

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
PLEASE READ- UPCOMING CHANGES
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:02:49 AM »
Hello all,

Similar to the recent poll section changes we are also breaking this section up into three parts:

Celebrity Fights - Polls
Celebrity Fights- Stories
Celebrity Fights - General

At the moment I am in the process of moving the Polls (since those I can pick out easier) then the others will be split out.

At the moment the older polls in the Celebrity Fights - Polls you see above will be read only, until i am ready to move the more current stuff. Then this section you are in now will have Polls TURNED OFF. The Celeb Stories and Celeb General section also have polls turned off. And then the Celeb Polls section will be made full access as normal. The other sections will follow going active but those will also require more sorting out what are stories and which are not.

Then this section we are in now will be locked down and become a category header for the Celebrity Fights section. Whne I am ready to make areas active I will post here.

Offline Voco

• God Member
Re: PLEASE READ- UPCOMING CHANGES
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:05:20 AM »
Hooray for organisation!

I feel bad for how confusing my topics will be to organise, since I tend to combine polls and their subsequent stories all in one thread. Oops.

Same, but I feel like this is a welcome change.

Offline de Trixah

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »
I am not convinced of that, but well, we will see.  :-\

Offline Sandman13

• God Member
  • https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?act
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 04:32:15 PM »
I'm fine with however you want to organize the celebrity fight section. I do have a question - both the old and new stories are all mixed up now. Is there a way to organize them so the newest stories are at the top of the first page and go back from there? For instance, how would I find the "Finish Her!" thread now?
Like I said, this is just a question and not a complaint. I don't doubt this takes lots of time and effort and I appreciate the work. Just wondering. Thanks.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 07:38:56 AM »
Voco, Nicole S: The way I am sorting the poll thread from the rest is anything with an actual poll created by the site (which has its own symbol like a little graph on the far left) along with a few threads that were some guys with long running tournaments discussing rankings, more out of completeness since they were older threads. Stories will go into stories and everything else goes into general, at least for the initial set up.

Sandman13: The default of the site is that it puts the thread with the most recent post on the top, so it should be sorting that way still. So the current celeb stories section should have a story with a post in 2016 on the top at the moment. It is a bit of a hodgepodge since I did hope that a sort looking for threads starting with the word "story" might give me a bunch to move over (it didn't). But in the end it should be be sorting like the rest of the site(with the ones with the most recent post on top ). If it doesn't let me know.

Offline Interac

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 05:23:28 AM »
I love this... To have the stories get stand alone time to breath vs the never ending polls many of which don't have celebrities and get bumped and bumped and bumped

Offline Xtra164

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »
I like the changes as well! Much easier to sort out what matches and threads you're interested in.

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
I love the idea of not even having to see the ridiculous polls between people that clearly aren't celebrities. Hopefully this pushes more people to write quality stories now that it won't take forever to sort through all the crap to find them.
RIP the account of Sophie Cees.