News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

[Girlfight Artwork Federation:] Gia "Goddess" Costa vs. Peggy "Bad News" Barns

• 13 Replies

Offline Depicticus

• God Member
    • Girlfight Artwork Federation
The newest update from Girlfight Artwork Federation has now been completed and posted. With the current set of college/amateur matches finished, Week 2 continues with a return to the pro-style ring and a high-intensity confrontation between Olympic athelete Gia "The Goddess" Costa of Greece and thick Montana trucker-woman Peggy "Bad News" Barns.

The complete match can be viewed on the GAF website from the links below, with all content being totally 100% free as always.

We have also just added a brand new automated mailing list to the site, so that anyone who wishes to be notified when GAF is updated with new content can easily subscribe to such alerts. Option to join the list can be easily found on the main GAF front page here: Girlfight Artwork Federation

Link to full match below (click on text or preview picture):

Gia "The Goddess" Costa versus Peggy "Bad News" Barns

{alt}

Cheers!
-Depicticus

Offline buckfutter

Another great story, with a fantastic ending. The more humiliating the better, as far as I'm concerned. My only complaint would be that I missed the interview sections. Would've loved hearing both of their comments after the match.

Offline buckfutter

I forgot to mention, there is a panel that repeats 5 or 6 times in the middle of the match.

Offline Depicticus

• God Member
Another great story, with a fantastic ending. The more humiliating the better, as far as I'm concerned. My only complaint would be that I missed the interview sections. Would've loved hearing both of their comments after the match.

Thanks for the feedback - very valuable and appreciated. Interviews will likely be added to the end of this match before too long, and this thread updated once that's done. Wanted to get the main action content published without too much more delay as was already quite behind schedule, but subsequent additions are easy enough.

As for the repeating frames in the middle of the match, I have no idea how that happened since the only edit I made was adding the mailing list link at the end, but I believe I've corrected the issue now. Thanks for the heads-up!

Offline Depicticus

• God Member
As promised, an epilogue section with wrap-up and interviews has now been added to the end of this match.

To view the complete match from the beginning, go here

To go directly to the end of the match where the new section starts, go here

Cheers,
-Depicticus

Offline buckfutter

You haven't updated in a while. Are you still working on new material?

Offline Depicticus

• God Member
You haven't updated in a while. Are you still working on new material?

It's been a slow year for updates without a doubt, but yes indeed, the next match is in fact mostly now complete, and I am just putting the finishing touches on it  (dialogue, effects etc)  before posting it and updating the site. It shouldn't be very long now at all before it's ready, so stay tuned for word soon.

The next clash will be another contrast-themed encounter between an aging veteran combatant and a young upstart phenom, each looking to prove they've got what it takes to win in an all-out battle for dominance.

Look for it shortly on here, and thanks for asking!

-Depicticus

Offline Barton Hollow

Love your classic arcade style of graphics.

Offline Ginny38

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Kim & Ginny's Bedtime Stories

Well, I guess that's ONE WAY to describe it!!! (LOL)

Seriously, I enjoy the plot/story and the quality (or lack of it) does NOT bother me in the least!

(I'm struggling to learn DAZ Studio, so I can't fault anyone else on the quality of their work when mine is nowhere near as good!!)

Offline Dirty bad bitch

• God Member
Oooh, fabulous sexy comic!  :P ;D ;)
Let's rumble, bitch ... let's see what you've got, slut!

Offline Depicticus

• God Member

Well, I guess that's ONE WAY to describe it!!! (LOL)

Seriously, I enjoy the plot/story and the quality (or lack of it) does NOT bother me in the least!

(I'm struggling to learn DAZ Studio, so I can't fault anyone else on the quality of their work when mine is nowhere near as good!!)

I deliberately go for the old-school comicbook/cartoon look in my work rather than the more modern high-resolution photorealistic style, simply because I like it and feel that it fits well with the type of action being depicted.

When compared side-by-side it can easily appear lower quality in terms of image detail, but that's completely by design. If you look at old Wonder Woman (for example) comics from the 50's and 60's, all the characters and graphics are a lot more "rough" and simplistic and the textures far less crisp and detailed than the sort of thing you see today. That sort of presentation has always appealed to me for doing comic book stories that include speech bubbles and flare-effects, more so than the ultra-real CGI flavour of imagery that's far more popular today, even for printed comics.

We all have our own tastes and I can understand some people preferring the hi-res versions of artwork, but in my case I actually go out of my way to apply filters and modifications that enhance the "rough drawn sketch" look even over and above what I'd naturally get from the already-ancient software and character models I'm using.

When I have a chance I'll post a couple of example shots showing the before-and-after output right from the 3D modelling software, and then with the extra rough-cartoon formatting applied. It's an intentional artistic choice all the way.

Offline Barton Hollow

Depicticus sounds like the name of the Greek God of Pictionary.

Offline Depicticus

• God Member
Below is an example before-and-after image (click to enlarge to full size) showing the original direct output from the 3D program on the left, and the modified cartoon/comic/arcade version on the right. Even the original unchanged version is by no means as high-resolution as the modern work you'll see from other artists, mostly because I'm using software and character models from more than ten years ago. But it still illustrates the additional post-processing I do to purposely make the pics look more 60s/70s/80s comic-book cartoony, simply because I like that style.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:11:24 AM by Depicticus »

Offline Depicticus

• God Member
Oooh, fabulous sexy comic!  :P ;D ;)

Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it and always appreciate the feedback! More to come shortly...