News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Best Friends

• 4 Replies

Offline Jonica

• God Member
  • Verified Smartass
    • A Dark And Frightening World
Best Friends
« on: February 25, 2017, 02:59:25 AM »
It goes without saying that some fights are tougher than others.  Some opponents are bigger and meaner, and some are smaller and feistier.  There are skilled combatants, and there are determined ones.  Sometimes they are any of these combinations.  

My career in the club has seen me go fight any of the above.  I have lost many fights to large opponents, skilled ones, smaller combatants, and feisty ones.  I have also beaten many of them, too.  As a matter of fact, I have gotten a reputation as being one of the “smaller/feistier” members of the club.  In time, many would also consider me to be a skilled wrestler.  Now, I wouldn’t agree with that, but as for being small and feisty….I’ve got that covered!

Many moons ago, I came to the club and instantly became a hit.  Not with my technical prowess, or through my toughness, though.  Instead, I became a target due to my mouth.  I always tended to talk a much better fight than I ended up given.  My first matches were disasters.  Jane tried to pound my head through a wall, Tessa tried to snap my spine, and Justine succeeded in breaking my foot.  However, I gained valuable experience.  I can even remember my first club win!  Christa is a older, wizened fighter, but I managed to pretty much dominate her.  There there were others.  For the next several years, I managed to stay about even in the win/loss column.  

As I mentioned earlier, some opponents are tougher than others.  There were those who tried to pound my head through a wall, those who wanted to snap my spine, and those who broke some of my bones, but I wouldn’t list them as my toughest opponents.  I wrested each of those foes several times, and I never beat any of them.  No, as skilled and talented as they were/are, they were not my toughest opponents.  Yes, they did give me my worst beatings, but I define “toughest opponent” as being those who match my skill set and make me earn each and every move.   I would rate Maggie, Mandy, and Marissa in that group.  I have beaten all of them, and they have wins against me, too.  Anthony asked me to list of wrestlers who I felt matched me most closely.  All are nearly my size, and we have similar records.  I rated Catie as my second toughest.  She is a couple inches taller than I am, but we are similar in age and build.  We have wrestled twice, and each has a win apiece.  Kara is another….we are one and one.  I believe things would come out in my favor if Catie and I were to wrestle again.  Kara would probably win the rubber match if we were to ever face each other a third time.  Yet, the toughest opponent I have stepped into the ring against was the one I call my best friend.

I introduced Laurie to Anthony, the club owner, in the most interesting way.  We didn’t know each other, but somehow managed to have words over a parking space.  As is my way, I let my mouth overrun my brain, and Laurie ended up following me.  I drove to Anthony’s house, and somehow ended up in a catfight in his living room.  Management was so impressed with the beating she gave me that day, they offered her a spot on the roster AND another crack at me!  She accepted and made the most of it!  I hadn’t known her for a week, and I was already 0-2 against Laurie!

Her winning streak didn’t last long though.  After a few more matches, things evened out a bit.  I won a few, and lost a few, too.  However, our initial intense dislike began to fade into mutual respect.  Respect soon became admiration, and mutual admiration soon led to us becoming a team.  We even formed a cute little clique called the “GGz” so we could pound the crap out of the smarmy bitches in the club.  Over time, our teamwork led us to pursuing other endeavors outside the group and a friendship was born.  Over more time, that friendship became something akin to sisterhood.  We were so close, many people actually thought we were sisters.

During my time in the club, I stepped away for brief periods to work on building a family.  During those breaks, I learned to temper my attitude and soften my edges.  I was soon the wily, wizened club veteran, like Christa, whom newer girls wanted to face to make a name for themselves.  I even took on the role of being the one who welcomes new members to the club.  Remember Kara?  Yep.  I welcomed her with her first loss.  She soon repaid me with a matching loss, though.  Jordyn is another one.  I met her at the door, and she, in turn, greeted me with a nice little butt whipping.  She gave me a second one before I was finally able to break through and get a win.  I would count Jordyn on that list of toughest opponents, btw.  For a cute, chubby little shit, she sure can fight!

The experience I gathered as club welcoming committee allowed me to finally take the next step up in the club.  Titles always seemed to be reserved for the bigger, more skilled fighters.  Tessa, Paige (who isn’t big but her attitude and ability make her seem ten feet tall and bulletproof), and Ashley were the ones who won titles.  Whenever I took on one of them, I got creamed!  Not just creamed, but sometimes crushed!  Yet, as time wore on, those championship matches got a little closer, and soon I was pushing the champs to their limits.  I finally pushed one past the breaking point when I defeated the aforementioned Mandy for one of the club’s titles.  That was a year ago this past January.  Since that time I am unbeaten!  I haven’t sidestepped any opponents, either.  Marissa claims I avoided a rematch with Mandy, but I eventually beat Mandy….and then Marissa….in back to back fights.  I got those elusive wins over Jordyn and Paige.  I even beat Ashley during the streak.  Yes, I have taken on all comers.  

There is one opponent, though, that facing will be inevitable.  Not that I am dreading it, but because of the ramifications.  I have fought and worked  the last 14 months that I ever have.  Laurie has too, however.

Laurie’s career in the club has pretty much mirrored my own.  She probably has as many wins as she has losses, and she has never backed away from a challenge.  I remember the Anthony’s wife getting mad at her and making her fight the 5’11” Tracie.  Let me put this in perspective….Laurie is all of 5’1.”  Her opponent is 5’11” and very, very good!  Laurie lost, but Tracie made the statement it was “one of the hardest matches” she’s had.  Laurie has even taken a little break from the club so she can build her family.  As a matter of fact, she hasn’t been back in action for long.  She picked right up where she left off….winning a few, losing a few.  One thing has changed about her, though.  

She does not lack for skill.  She does not lack for determination and desire.  The one area she needs a little help in is her confidence level.  On one hand there is me….the mouthy Cajun runt who would rather punch someone in the mouth as look at them.  On the other hand is Laurie….the quiet South Dakotan of Sioux ancestry.  You know the old saying, “You are your own biggest critic?”  Well, I never gave two shakes of a shit stick (Cajun phrase, lol) about critics...me or otherwise.  Laurie, on the other hand, is very hard on herself.  If she loses, it’s not because she fought a 5’11” former basketball player with an arm-span similar to a 747.  No, if she loses it’s because she didn’t do enough to win.  She has the worst habit of questioning her abilities.  She does not lack in ability….she lacks in the confidence to use those abilities.  That is why I finally managed to even our record.  It’s also why she never held any of the club’s titles.  She could have been a champion a long time ago.  However, her self-criticism never let it happen.

There are some words that can bring on a mixture of emotions.  Retirement is one such word.  I have kicked around the idea of hanging up my wrestling career for some time.  I actually like the sound of it….”retired wrestler.”  Not that walking away from the club would be the same as walking away from the workforce in your twilight years.  The club is here for fun, fitness, and entertainment.  We aren’t professionals, but we try just as hard as those who do get paid to fight.  Come to the club on a fight night, and I promise you will see action beyond your wildest imagination!  We have everything from one-sided domination fights, fully competitive matches, and sometimes the fights get rough enough to cause some visits to the emergency room.  We try to leave the sexual nature of our sport to places like Ultimate Surrender, but it hard to say we aren’t here for some sexual gratification.  Heck!  I mean we are wrestling around bikinis, bras and panties, thongs and topless, and sometimes wearing nothing but the smile we carry onto the mats.  How can it not have some sexual connotations?  But that is not why we do what we do.  We do it because we love the thrill of competitive combat, the joy that comes with winning, and the despair that comes with losing.  We hate to lose to our biggest rivals, but we also ecstatically celebrate the wins over our greatest foes.  We do it for fitness.  Have you ever walked onto the mats and faced someone who wants nothing more than pin you to the mats or squeeze out a screaming submission?  You spend the better part of 15 - 20 minutes trying to keep that from happening, while trying your best to do those things to your opponent.  It is taxing, it is tiring, and it is exhausting...both physically and mentally.  Yes, after a few years, retirement sounds good.

There are times you dread to hear the word, though.  One such instance could be when the club owner walks up to you and says, “Did you hear about _______?  She’s announced she’s retiring.  It is especially sad when the blank contains your best friend’s name, and Anthony is talking to you.

“I want to spend more time with my family.”  Laurie replies when I inquire about the rumor.  “Little Bit is still young, and I don’t want to miss anything,” she says with a wry smile.  “Besides, weren’t you just talking about retiring, yourself?”

Later, while watching my own children play….and grow….I begin to like the sound of the word again.  Maybe it is time.  I am not getting any younger, and Laurie’s right, I have flirted with the idea.  My children are still young, and I really don’t want to miss anything either.  The time is fast approaching, however, I do not want to steal any of Laurie’s thunder when I make my announcement.  For now, this is her time.

The it hits me.  That flashbulb moment that all of us has when we have a sudden strong realization.  Or you get dropped on your head.  Or both….

Laurie mentioned she plans one more fight before she retires.  She says she didn’t have an opponent in mind, she just want to walk away following a match….just one more….win or lose.  What better way to honor my friend than allow her a chance to go out on top?  Give her a chance to be the champion many of us know she can be?  Heck, it would even give she and I the perfect opportunity to try and end our personal rivalry on decisive note.  The winner could playfully tease the other that she walked away “The Champion”....title and all!

I approached Laurie about it later that same day.  She actually loves the idea!  I had a feeling she would.  We even playfully bump shoulders as we leave….a little harder than usual.

Anthony was also very receptive to the idea.  Why wouldn’t he be?  It would be a win-win for him.  If I am victorious, he still has his longest reigning champion.  If Laurie wins, she retires the title and there is a tournament to determine her successor.  I conveniently leave out the part about my pending retirement….we’ll cross that bridge when the time comes.

We didn’t advertise Laurie’s finale that much, as a matter of fact, we kept it as low key as possible….if you call shooting a flaming arrow into my locker “low key.”  Laurie likes to get theatrical sometimes.  Thank God there was a fire extinguisher close by.  Thank God the others in the locker room knew how to use it.

Anyhoo….except for the arrow and a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce on Laurie’s Rice Krispies, we tried to stay as inconspicuous as possible until the big day arrived.  Club rules are simple, you agree on the type of match you want, you fight or wrestle until one of four things happens:  One of you is pinned, one of you is forced to submit, one of you is rendered unconscious, or the power-that-be decide one of you is incapable of defending herself.  Pretty straightforward, huh?

Laurie and I decided on a wrestling match with no time limit.  In other words, there will be no tie.  One of us has to win.  As for rules, we try not to kill each other.  That’s about it.  I have a reputation for stretching….if not outright breaking….rules anyway.  Laurie isn’t known as the most law abiding fighter, either.  I don’t plan on cheating to beat her, but I have before.  It’s un-telling what one of us might do, depending on the situation.

The match will take place in a pretty simple environ too.  A smallish room, with mats covering the floor from wall to wall.  Chairs are placed around the walls for spectators, but I think there will only be a handful invited to watch.  We want the action to be about us, not a rowdy audience.  Anthony decided he will take it upon himself to proctor the match.  Like I said, we don’t have many rules, but we don’t want injuries.  Also, there has to be someone there to step in if one of us can no longer defend herself.

As the match draws near, I sit in the locker room and try not to think about much but the pending fight.  I try to keep a level head, but the thought of not having Laurie in my corner after this evening is disturbing.  Oh, I know she will always be my friend.  We will babysit the other’s kids, but a small piece of my little hobby will be gone.  If I weren’t considering walking away, myself, the thoughts might be a bit overwhelming.  However, I look into my locker at the charred wood.  I crinkle my nose at the faint aroma left by the small fire.  I smile wryly and think, at least I can make her pay for shooting a flaming arrow at me.  I stand and walk slowly into the mat room.

The room with the mats isn’t overly large, but it isn’t tiny, either.  There is plenty of room for a wrestling match, and we shouldn’t even roll onto any onlookers’ toes.  There are a large windows on the two outside facing walls, but they are high enough no one can wander up and look inside.  The walls are painted a warm beige, and the mats are industrial gray.  The pads are solid and cool under my bare feet, but I know from experience they are soft enough to keep a dropping body from ending up with too much damage.  The air is warm, but it is not uncomfortable.  It will get very hot real soon, so I won’t complain very much.  

Laurie is the guest of honor, but some perks are reserved for title holders.  In this instance I get the choice to enter last.  I like this because it gives my opponent’s nerves time to really tingle.  My friend and opponent is already in the room, taking up one corner of the mats.  She is doing some light stretches to stay limber, but like me, she did her warming up in the locker room.  I bite my bottom lip and inhale sharply when I see her fighting attire.  As always, she wants to draw attention to her Lakota Sioux heritage.  So, in this regard, she opted for the sexiest damn thong I have ever seen!  A light deerskin thong with hanging fringe.  I literally have to make myself look away before it intimidates me in ways I can’t mention.  Instead of gaping, I try focusing on light stretches of my own.  However, keeping my eyes off my rival is tougher than it should be.  

Laurie and I compare and contrast similarly and in some obvious differences.  We are similar in that we are both a couple of the smallest wrestlers in the club.  We are two of the quickest, though.  We both have some pretty mean skills too.  We both tend to stretch the rules to their limits.  Body-wise, she is a touch shorter than me, but we weigh about the same.  The slight difference makes her appear to me a little thicker than me, but looks can be deceiving...she is in great shape!  Also, as I mentioned earlier, she recently had a baby.  One couldn’t tell by looking at her toned, trim tummy!  If anything, curves have become slightly softer, and they have made her even more beautiful.  If I had to make a comparison, Laurie has a cheerleader’s body….strong shoulders and arms, a smooth, toned torso, and powerful legs.  In fact, her legs are her most prominent feature!  If the club had an award for “Best Legs,” it wouldn’t be a contest!  Many over-confident wrestlers have been trapped between those thighs (Guilty!!) and paid a heavy price (guilty on the second count!!).

Me, on the other hand, the same features don’t compare.  My arms and upper body are toned from playing golf since I was a child, and my legs, of course, have become great weapons thanks to walking courses all over southern and central Louisiana.  I was also a runner, and my body would best be compared to a cross country runner.  While I do not have the power in my legs Laurie might have, mine are the kind that allow me to move quickly from side to side and make opponents stand dumbfounded in one space  One thing I can say with certainty is I have a better ass!  I do, and there will be no arguments.

Of course I say this as I am watching her bend over to stretch.  The deerskin fringe of her thong lightly bouncing on bare flesh.  I take a moment and look away again.

After a few moments of stretches, Anthony finally makes his way to the center of the mats.  He introduces both of us to the small audience and runs through the rules:  No punches to the face, no eye gouging, no weapons, and no time limit.  There has to be a winner.  I finally slip my lucky gold LSU t-shirt over my head and toss it behind some chairs.  Clad in a dark purple thong, and Laurie in her deerskin thong, she and I make our way to the center of the room with Anthony and he asks each of us if we are ready.  Laurie answers with a polite “yes,” and I respond with a nod and smile.  He slowly steps backwards with his hand hanging in the air between us.  “Ladies,” he says looking to her then to me, “FIGHT!” he yells and drops his arm.  

It always amazes me how quickly a room can shrink.  One minute it’s a big, well lit room with an audience, and the next minute, it’s my opponent and me.  The walls seem to close in and the overhead light focuses its hot beam on she and I.  We become the only two people in our universe!  Our feet slide across the padded mats as we shuffle, looking for an opening to make the first strike.  A trickle of sweat runs down the bridge of my nose and onto my chest.  I notice Laurie’s nipples are erect, as if in anticipation of locking bodies.  The sweat bead traces its way down my breasts and onto my tummy.  It makes a line for my belly button.  I don’t dare look down, and I don’t move my hand to brush it away.  To do either could spell doom against a skilled opponent.  We are crouching low, with our hands raised in front of us.  Our elbows tucked in closely against our sides as if to protect our ribs.  The only sounds in the room are the small shuffles made by our bare feet and the light breathing that will soon be loud and labored.

The she strikes.  Usually I am pretty good at picking up the warning signs of a pending attack, but not this time.  True to her Native American heritage, Laurie moves like the wind.  First she feigns a reach for the back of my neck with her left hand.  When I raise my right to either parry a blow or to lock up collar and elbow, she springs the trap.  Her chest and shoulders suddenly drop and her upper body slams into my thighs.  Before I can twist away, her arms lock around the backs of legs and slide to the back of my knees.  The momentum of her driving her shoulders into my thighs combined with her hands locked behind my knees...not to mention the hard yank she gives with her hands....causes me to lose balance.  My feet are literally swept off the mat.  

“Nnnnngggghhhhheeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!!!”  I squeal in surprise as I go airborne but then another thought drives into my brain….when I land, it’s gonna hurt!  I exhale as much as as I can, and then my butt lands hard on the mats with a loud “THUMP!!”  Before I get a sound out, Laurie’s body crashes into mine and drives my shoulder blades and the back of my head hard into the pads.  Since I was able to quickly exhale, there was no air in my lungs, so she didn’t knock the wind out of me.  However, having 110 lbs land on a 110 lbs body hurts like hell!  

I knew this would be a tough fight.  I also knew there would be a chance I could lose my title.  Only problem is, I don’t want to lose my title in the first 30 seconds of the match!  Before Laurie can drop her weight back on my prone body after readjusting her arms and getting in a better position, I sneak a breath and lift my shoulders off the mat.  I push my arms past her left ear in a swimming motion and I manage to hook my right hand behind her neck.  Twisting my hips and driving with my feet, I slowly twist my body onto its side.  At the same time, I keep my hand hooked behind her neck and I force her to lose her balance.  Instead of dropping all her weight on me and possibly ending the match before it really begins, she suddenly finds herself being forced face down into the mat just as I finally squirm free and scoot away on my butt...putting distance between us.

Ordinarily, a sudden change such as the one that just took place would cause Laurie to go on the defensive and remain there the rest of the match.  But, as I mentioned earlier, Laurie has really grown as a fighter.  Instead of waiting for me to get to my feet and make a move, she lunges from her kneeling position and rushes at me.  Her body slams into mine as I begin to recover from the initial surprise and attempt to react.  All I have time to do is blow out my breath, once again, and brace for impact.  As her body slams into mine, she tries to hook her left arm around my head and pull me into a front headlock.  Such a position would be disastrous, so I spread my feet and allow her body to fit between my thighs.  Swinging them up just as she starts to complete the headlock, I lock my ankles behind her back and rest them on her butt.  Just like that, we are back at a stalemate.  However, at the moment, she controls my head, while I squeeze her sides Using my legs for leverage, I try to force my way onto my back to put me into a better position to use the body scissors.  She struggles to keep my head trapped, and in doing so allows herself to be pulled deeper into the scissors.  I reach up with both my arms and lock my hands on her shoulder blades….my forearms under her armpit.  Balling my fists, I dig the thumbs into her spine and grind with as much force as I can manage.  Thrusting my hips upwards, I try to rock onto my side.  It takes two attempts, but I finally manage to leverage my foe onto her side and off me.  Her arm slips from around my head, and I lose my grip around her back, but the scissors stays locked on tight.  

For a moment, my best friend and I are nose to nose...eye to eye.  Our faces are mere inches apart.  My chest rises and falls from exertion, as does hers.  Our eyes lock, and the look of determination I see in her deep blue eyes sends a shiver down my spine.  

Her hands come up and push under my chin as she forces my head back.  “Let go, bitch!” she growls, causing me to tighten the scissors a little more.  “Fuck you,” I reply through gritted teeth, and she pushes my chin higher and my head farther back.  I grab her wrists and begin trying to pry her hands away, but has leverage now.  “Shit!” I think to myself, this isn’t good.  The scissors my work later, but right now, she has too much energy and I need to get in a better position.  Unlocking my feet, I suddenly pull my top knew in towards me and then I press it against her tummy.  Straightening my leg, I shove her off and roll away.  

I scramble to my knees and sit back on my heels...taking a moment to catch my breath and reassess my rival.  She has come to fight.  That much is certain.  Taking a deep breath, I get to my feet and watch her as she stands.  Crouching into a combat stance, I approach my foe warily.  She has already shown a propensity for aggression, so I have to be ready.  This time, though, she appears to be content allowing me to be the instigator.  We slowly begin circling each other.  

The room has suddenly gone from cool and comfortable to hot and stuffy.  Not that the temperature has changed...the whole atmosphere has changed.  Our faces are slightly red from exertion, and we are both breathing much harder.  The initial rounds of combat managed to wipe away any butterflies swarming in our stomachs.  Now there is just a singular determination to conquer the other.  We may be friends, but it is obvious both of us want nothing more than to come out on top.  Perspiration gives our bare flesh a surreal glow under the harsh overhead lights.  Laurie’s kinky hair sticks to her cheeks, giving her a wild, animalistic look.  The glint in her eyes, coupled with the wild appearance, is  intimidating.  My own ponytail isn’t bouncing like it was when the match began.  Instead, the loose hair sticks to the perspiration on my shoulders and the back of my neck, and it literally “slaps” as it moves.  Laurie’s pale skin appears pink from rolling around on the harsh, gray mats; mine….slightly darker….turns an angry crimson as it grows warmer and warmer.  The only sounds in the room are the shuffling of our barefeet and our deeper breathing.

Laurie finally breaks the near-silence...and shows her newly found aggressive strategy.  ”C’mon bitch,” she urges and wiggles her fingers at me.  Instead of a retort, I reply by stepping into her and hooking my right hand behind her neck and placing my left hand on her right bicep.  Pushing with my knees and hips, I begin trying to force her backwards.  She responds in kind and we soon find ourselves in another stalemate.  As I mentioned, we are virtual equals in size and strength...although, I think if she pressed the issue, her legs might be stronger.  However, I did move first, and thus, was able to briefly control from a leverage standpoint, or so I thought.  In another second, I would learn just how wrong I was.  

We tie up collar and elbow, each trying to out-muscle the other.  Once again, our noses are only inches apart, but this time she keeps her eyes down.  I take that fact as her finally losing some of the confidence she showed earlier.  Suddenly, I realize why she won’t meet my eyes.  She suddenly goes to one knee and uses my momentum against me.  She she drops, she grabs my left arm with both hands.  Pulling me in on her, she leans back and rolls over her own leg.  Dragging me along with her, I lose my balance and my footing.  My feet flip over Laurie’s body and she drags me across her and down to the mat hard!  My back lands with a slapping “THUD.”  This time I do not have a chance to empty my lungs, and the shock of the blow knocks the wind from me.  “Nnnnnmmmmmmhhhh!!”  
The arm drag takedown works to perfection.  Laurie gets back to her knees, not releasing my arm.  Twisting my wrist and trapping it under her armpit, she works one arm under my elbow and locks it in place by grabbing her other wrist.  The simple move sends pain shooting up and down my arm and into my shoulder as my elbow is nearly hyper-extended.  I scream in pain and try to twist toward my arm to relieve some of the pressure.  “GGHHHHAAAAAAHHHH!!!”  Laurie moves with me and simply steps backwards, dragging me by the arm to keep on the pressure.  

Dropping to one knee, Laurie keeps my arm locked in the powerful arm bar.  She occasionally lifts her supporting arm in order to cause sharp pain to my elbow as she slightly hyper-extends it.  Each time she does, a yelp escapes my lips.  In a half-sitting position, my mind races for a solution.  The most obvious would be to use my free hand to tap out.  However, that just is not an option.  I love Laurie like a sister, but I don’t want to lose my title to her, retirement or not.  

“AGGHHGGHH!!” I squeal as she lifts her arm again, pain shooting through my elbow.  I close my eyes tightly and grit my teeth.  I can’t let her see the tear forming in the corner of my eye.  That would be like blood in the water to circling sharks.  Instead, I turn my body into her twist so it relieves some of the pressure on my wrist and shoulder.  She yanks up on my elbow once again, “AAAAAHHHHGGGHHHH!!” I yelp again.  “Fucking BITCH!!” I scream and, “NNNGGHAHHGGHHHH!!!” she does it again….harder.  I keep turning my body until I can get to my knees, now facing her.  I inch slightly toward her, and she begins to stand up.  I know if she does manage to get up, she will simply drop onto her butt again and drag me back down.  I begin pulling back on with my shoulder, and it apparently surprises her, because it hurts like hell!  I grit my teeth and keep pulling, even though it feels like my arm is being torn off.  Finally, Laurie loses her balance and leans a little too close.  I garner all the power I can find, and when she is near enough, I suddenly slam the forearm and elbow of my free arm as hard as I can against the inside of her thigh.  The blow lands solidly, and I watch with satisfaction as a charlie horse appears on her leg.  She staggers backwards suddenly, but she also releases my arm.

I should probably scoot away and regroup, but I might be able to take advantage of the situation.  She rubs the cramp in her leg, and I power off the mats and drive my shoulders into her lower body.  I lock my hands behind her thighs and pull.  She’s already off balance and falls foward over my head and shoulders.  I power up from my knees and monkey flip her over my back.  “UMMMMPPHHH….FUCKKKKKK!!!”  She cries as her back lands on the mat and the wind bursts from her lungs.  

I get quickly to my feet and turn to her.  She is lying on her back trying to catch her breath.  I finally take a second to shake out my hurting arm, and I buy myself a little more rest time when I see the cramp in her leg isn’t gone.  I lift my right foot and drive my heel right into the charlie horse, causing her to scream in shock and pain.  Taking a step back, I survey the damage while allowing the blood to return to my arm.  

After a few seconds, Laurie catches her breath and begins tending to her injured leg.  I shake my arm one last time and slowly approach her….wary for a trap.  Upon reaching her, I bend over and grab the ankle and foot of her hurt leg.  I twist her foot, forcing her to roll onto her back.  Next, I step across her leg and lower my hips into a sitting position.  Hooking her foot around my leg, I twist it and torque her knee around my leg.  In an effort to apply more pressure, I lean forward, forcing my knee into the side of hers.  To her credit, Laurie never screams.  Nor does she curse.  She also doesn’t submit….like I want her to.  The only sound she makes is a sharp intake of air each time I twist her leg or push my knee into the side of hers.  

Sweat now covers my both our bodies causing us to become very slippery.  My sweat soaked purple thong is, at least, a couple shades darker.  Laurie’s deerskin thong clings to her like second skin.  The harsh lights beat down on our warm bodies, and the smell of battle fills the entire room with a feral aroma….a mixture of perspiration, adrenaline, and a tinge of excitement.  The room feels electric as the audience now begins to wonder how long my trapped foe can hold out before submission.  It seems not much longer, due to the fact her leg is stretched nearly to the point of serious injury.  However, all I get when I inquire about submission is a sharp intake of air.  

I steal a glimpse at Laurie’s face and see her eyes closed tightly and her teeth gritted.  I apply more pressure and I can see her biting back a scream...hence the little intakes of air.  

“Give up, Laurie!” I demand as I keep on the pressure.  All I get is the sharp intake of breath.  I lean into the hold to push my knee harder against the inside her knee, but I get no scream, nor a submission.  

“Give UP!! Dammit!!” I squeal in frustration, thinking about permanent damage now.  As much as I want to win, I don’t want to injure her to do so.  Yet it’s her choice when to surrender.  She just won’t say it.

Completely frustrated now, I change tactics.  Keeping the leg lock in place, I take the pressure off the side of her knee….so I won’t dislocate her kneecap...and I lean forward slightly so that I am looming over her.  The move shifts the pressure from her knee and ankle and onto her thigh and hip.  Dislocating her hip would be a whole lot harder to do rather than her kneecap, but hip pain can be debilitating.  

“NNNNHHHHHH!” She groans as I move the focus to her hip, and I lean forward so I can see her face.  My sweaty ponytail slips across my shoulder as I lean forward.  Her chest rises and falls in short bursts of breath as she tries to deal with the agonizing pain in her leg and hip.  I lean forward a little more, hoping she will give.  Her breathing quickens even more, and a sense of relief comes over me because I feel she is about to yield.  I can see the coming realization of the inevitability of loss in her eyes.  I lean forward once again...this time a little farther….to deliver the coup-de-gras.

“NGGGGHHHHHEYYYYYYY!!!”  A yelp echoes around the room, bouncing off each wall and thundering in my ears.  However, it isn’t the yelp of submission I had been expecting.  It is a yelp of surprise because when I lean forward my ponytail hang down a little too far.  Far enough for Laurie to reach up and grab it.  Yanking down, I lose my balance and my grip on her foot.  I fall forward, trip over her body and face-plant hard into the mats next to her.  Lights explode behind my eyes, and the world suddenly goes blank for a moment.  

Stunned, I lie on face down on the mat and blink my eyes rapidly.  Before I can recover, my head is violently yanked off the mat by my ponytail.  I am roughly pulled onto my side.  Still trying to shake off the 10 point landing on my forehead, I don’t have the reaction time to pull away from the pair of legs enveloping my head.  My face is yanked upwards my hair and suddenly a calf is forced under my chin and onto my exposed throat.  The calf is pulled tightly against my windpipe before I can react.  My hands grab her leg as she adjust her hips and traps my throat in the crook of her knee.  I watch in horror as she crosses her other leg over her foot.  The air to my lungs is immediately cut off as she grabs her hooked foot for even more leverage.  Gasping, I claw at her knee, but she has the hold locked in tight.  I can’t get my fingers between her powerful leg and my throat.  My hips rock wildly back and forth...trying in vain to make her lose her balance...and my bare feet slide rapidly across the mats, trying for any traction.  However, the excess movement combined with the lack of air only tires me quicker.  I open my mouth for air, but any that I take in fails to make it past Laurie’s powerful leg.  As I grow weaker, she rocks her hips and we roll onto our sides.  Facing the audience, I see concerned looks on their faces as my face apparently turns dark red….then blue...and finally purple.  I am later told it was actually the color of my thong.  

“Give up, Joni,” Laurie’s voice sounds as if it’s echoing in a cave.  “Submit, sweetie.”  I can’t tell if she really wants me to give up, or she is taunting me for my earlier pleas to her.  My bare feet shuffle on the mats like I am trying to ride a bicycle, but the movements are growing slower and slower.  Still gasping, I lift my hand to tap Laurie’s knee in surrender, but then I remember how stubborn she had been, and how it had apparently paid off.  Maybe I can still find a way to win.  

Yeah right.

I lift my hand again, but I still don’t tap.  Maybe, just maybe.  Miracles happen, right?

Ever since I have known her, Laurie has lacked for confidence.  It has kept her from becoming a club champion, even though just about everyone in the club knows she has the talent to hold any title she wants.  My air-deprived brain focuses on what went wrong.  I had her beat.  Anyone else would have given up in that leg lock.  I had it locked in good.  However, I can’t help but think of the little intakes of air she kept making instead of screaming and giving up.  It finally occurs to me.  She was waiting on her moment.  She was going to force me to injure her for me to win, but she wasn’t going to yield.  She had the confidence to know she could win the match, even when the odds were incredibly against her!  It paid off for her….maybe it can for me, too!

My heart tells me there is still a chance, even as my brain finally says, “enough!”  I grab my tormentor’s knee one more time, but my hands slide limply to the mat as I slide into unconsciousness.  

It took a couple days, but I was finally able to watch the match in its entirety.  I didn’t realize it at the time, but Laurie controlled the tempo from the very start.  Even though I nearly pulled off a win, she had managed to find a way to yank the carpet from under me.  According to her, she was on the verge of submitting when my dumbass leaned over too far basically handed her my ponytail.  I have to give her credit, though.  I am not sure I could have held out long enough to see that lifeline dangling in front of me.  But then again, I did manage to hold out long enough for her to choke me unconscious, I think dryly.  

Laurie kept the figure-four leg lock clamped on a few moments after I went limp.  Anthony was the first to realize I was unconscious, and he immediately declared me unable to defend myself.  Laurie immediately released the choke at that moment.  I watched the digital version of her hand being raised in victory over my unconscious body.  I also got to see the brief victory pose as the new champion held her title high, her foot victoriously placed on my chest.  I watched quietly as she stripped my thong off my body….a time honored tradition for winners….as her prize.  I watched as Laurie...who could have really rubbed her win at this point….dropped to her knees and sat with me until I was roused by staff.  She stayed with me until I could get shakily to my feet, and she hugged me close when I realized I had lost.  

I think it surprised her more than anyone when she realized I was hugging her tightly and praising her instead of weeping over my loss.  It would take a really sad person to pity herself when her best friend had reached the pinnacle of our little sport.

“I can’t believe you really are retiring…” I say.  Laurie and I have a weekly lunch date, and this time we sit over strawberry ice cream at a local creamery.  “I mean….I mean, you’re a champion now.”  I brush a tear from my cheek.  “You worked so hard for it, I mean.”

Laurie smiles and wipes the another tear for me.  “It’s time, Joni.”  She says with a sad smile, but then it brightens, “I want to spend more time with my family.  You remember the song, ‘Don’t Want to Miss a Thing?’  That’s me.”  

I return her smile, “I guess it’s getting closer for me, too.”  My own smile grows, “My guys miss me too.”

“You know,” Laurie says after a silent moment, “There are still private matches.  You know...one’s for our benefit and no one else…..”

I look up, giggle, and wink at the new champion, or should I say...the retired champion.  How about I just call her, My Best Friend.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:09:48 AM by Jonica »
Bad (Bad) Blood (Blood)
The bitch is in her smile.
The lie is on her lips,
Such an evil child.

Offline lalutte65

• God Member
Re: Best Friends
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:07:01 PM »
Outstanding!!!

Offline BaneThePunisher

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
This was spectacular. Thanks so much for sharing.

Offline coachzzz

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 04:40:54 PM »
Thank you for gracing us with one of your excellent stories.   It has been too long.  Your brilliant storytelling, with empathy, emotion and wit is always welcome.  This is a simple and universal story, yet it is told so well, and is a great tribute to both you and Laurie B. 

Thank you again.

P.S.--with all of the great stories on this site, I still think A Clockwork Strawberry might be the best one I have ever read here.   Newer forum members should dig back into the past archives to check it out (as well as the entire series with Jonica, Gemma, and Laurie B.)

Offline Jonica

• God Member
  • Verified Smartass
    • A Dark And Frightening World
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 02:43:33 AM »
Thanks coach!  Not sure I deserve that kind of praise, but I'll take it! Lol!!  I really enjoy this kind of story, especially when I can include friends.  I miss the old days of writing with Laurie, Gemma, and Marie B, and this kind of filled a little gap for me.  Thanks again for the kind words!

Thanks, Lalutte and Bane!

J
xozo
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:44:46 AM by Jonica »
Bad (Bad) Blood (Blood)
The bitch is in her smile.
The lie is on her lips,
Such an evil child.