News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Session with Bullet at MWM London June 2017

• 0 Replies

Offline spidermouth

Session with Bullet at MWM London June 2017
« on: June 18, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
Bullet 15-0 Spider-Mouth
June 2017

I looked at my work schedule for the remainder of June, realised I needed my weekends for work and that the middle weekend of June would be my only chance to get a session in this month.  I’ve managed to do at least one session per month since January 2012 and did not want to break this sequence now.  So Cam set me with Bullet for Friday 16th – yes Friday night is fight night.  Dashed out of work, train to London, actually got a pile of work done on the train and in a café at Kings Cross before dandering up to MWM in Camden.  I was 5 mins away when I got a text from Cam saying Bullet was already there – wow 15 mins early she must be keen to kick my ass!  Tonight would be my 12th match against Bullet.  In the previous 11 matches my scores have ranged from a 03 defeat to a 0-21 defeat.  In total Bullet has scored 106 points against me in 11 matches so far and I’ve not scored any points.  Well at least on average I’ve kept her under double figures per match.  I’m going to have a real go tonight!

Arriving to find Cam and Bullet chatting away, Bullet already changed into sports bra and gym shorts ready for action.  I get a shower as I’ve had a bit of a journey in the heat today then change into my kit, all blue today, downstairs and warming up.  Ready to go, we tap hands and it’s on.  I keep up a stream of verbal taunting trying to put Bullet off but she soon has me on my back telling me if this was a cage fight I’d be in trouble.  I struggled to get out from under her, trying to push myself up only to be firmly pushed back down on the mats.  She sits on my chest, takes an arm and tells me that I know what is coming next, yes I do know it will be an arm bar but I’m simply not able to stop it, tapping out 1-0 down already.

Bullet is strong tonight, I try to pull my arm out of an Americana but Bullet makes it 2-0.  I spend a lot of time on my back, but at least Bullet comments that I am energetic tonight, putting up a good struggle, but she methodically positions me, lying on my side and she pulls my right arm up towards the ceiling getting me with a straight arm lock – 3-0.  A neck crank and it is 4-0.  A film of sweat appears on Bullet’s back, I’m making her work a bit for these points but she is happy to break down my defences bit by bit and pushes my head in between her legs, rolling onto her front trapping me in a reverse triangle – 5-0.

I had said to her that I watched one of her recent opponents on video escaping her arm triangle so I was going to see if I could do the same thing.  No chance.  She had my arm and neck firmly in her triangle hold with no room for me to move them, tapping out 6-0.  A kimura, another arm bar and another Americana take the score to 9-0 before she got me with a side-on guillotine to make it double figures. 

Bullet was pinning me down and rotating over me, looking for my back, and when I was stifling her attempts to get my back she was quick to find other options.  She got me with a combination of a north-south / alligator choke / arm triangle all in the same move to make it 11-0.  I was having to use my half guard spider defence but she was excellent and simply digging her free foot in between my legs and sweeping them apart so she could escape.  Soon she was 12-0 up with a mounted kimoura and then a straight arm lock from mount made it 13-0.  I tried to escape an Americana by connecting my two hands around the back of her head, but she was too strong and completed a hat trick of Americanas to make it 14-0.  The last round was quite exciting as I managed to finally roll on top, but it took all my strength and I never had a stable base so my position of dominance did not last long.  Toppling over, she got me with the move she wanted to get at some point during the match which was the rear naked choke.  She got me in her guard from behind and slipped her forearm under my chin using the other arm, to pull the choke move in for the point.  I tapped out.  Final score 15-0. 

Bullet showered followed by me and we had a great chat with Cam and Dave before they had to leave.  Bullet and I walked back to the tube station and were on the tube together as far as Kings Cross where I had to change lines.  As I walked down the platform I noticed Venus from Submission Room sitting at the platform and got on same carriage as her, if only she knew who I was.  Good train journey home.  I’ll be back on the mats with Bullet again in the Decathlon 8 at MWM.  A big report on that will be coming at the end of July.  Big thanks to Bullet today for a great match and thanks to Cam for making all of the arrangements.