News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Copied Profiles PLEASE READ

• 6 Replies

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Copied Profiles PLEASE READ
« on: August 29, 2017, 01:47:53 AM »
Lately we have been having problems with members making exact copies of other members profiles. While we have no way of proving that anyone on this site is who they claim to be we cannot allow this to continue. When we get complaints about someone copying another profile we will make an effort to determine which one was the original but if we cannot we will delete both profiles.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Copied Profiles PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 10:01:58 PM »
NOTE The person i was speaking of strangely deleted their ID. Funny how some people don't like being called on their shit. That is why this post might seem odd :)

1. Not much we can do about Trillian IDs
2. It seems to be missing the point of telling people to confirm trillian IDs on FCF if someone is copying profiles on FCF.
3. The irony of someone who has had three drastically different IDs in three weeks being concerned over someone copying their profile is not lost on me.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:36:14 AM by nutmeg »

Offline CashleyAshley

• I am THE HOTTTEST! in CATFIGHT FORUM! RU jealious
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
That's been my complaint for years now I joined this site official in 2003 when Debbie owned this site a lot of you would not remember her but deleted my profile and came back in 2007  ..John deleted  this  copy-cat person more then once but it keeps coming back!! and I do not belong to trillion never have never will
{alt}

DottiD

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 02:39:08 PM »
Not to beat a dead or dying horse here, when i first joined many moons ago, someone was doing the same thing so blatant it was border line scary, (thank goodness for Mandarin and HB back then ) anyway I have asked this before and it may not be a direct answer to the issue, but I just think you guys should do a profile cleanse, anyone who hasn't been active in a certain span of time i.e. 6 months,a year whatever is decided dump the profile, I just feel if as "community " you guys had less profiles just floating about over having to dish through is a profile already in use and now copied it might be less likely for a hacker or whatever to try cause less profiles smaller library means easier catch, just my 2 cents but thank you for doing the admin job and being on it guys

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 06:53:19 PM »
Not to beat a dead or dying horse here, when i first joined many moons ago, someone was doing the same thing so blatant it was border line scary, (thank goodness for Mandarin and HB back then ) anyway I have asked this before and it may not be a direct answer to the issue, but I just think you guys should do a profile cleanse, anyone who hasn't been active in a certain span of time i.e. 6 months,a year whatever is decided dump the profile, I just feel if as "community " you guys had less profiles just floating about over having to dish through is a profile already in use and now copied it might be less likely for a hacker or whatever to try cause less profiles smaller library means easier catch, just my 2 cents but thank you for doing the admin job and being on it guys

You do realize we did this recently? Made several announcements on it too. And continue do it periodically.

None of which really helps the copied profile issue because we get these from complaints not us looking through every profile for shits and giggles.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 01:01:15 AM »

We recently had a big purge of profiles that havent been logged into for at least 5 years and removed profiles that were created but never logged into for at least 6 months. And periodically do the samething.

What we have been seeing and getting complaints about lately is people making exact replica's of other peoples profiles.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:19:21 AM by BigDevil- »
Have fun and tussle.

DottiD

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
Sorry guys i know you have lots to deal with daily and you do a good job of it, i wasn’t aware you had purged the dead profiles i was basing it on the list there was prior to the hack, any rate i think its a even better task weeding out a copied profile and i think we all need to be vigilant to prevent more of it