News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Ghosting

• 18 Replies

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Ghosting
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 04:32:13 AM »
Just like on yahoo people on trillian collect contacts for no real reason. I have had people add me there and never say one word to me there (or here for that matter) in two years.  Why even add me?  If all you want to do is add me to your 200 person fight queue don't bother since I don't do cyber without a convincing argument anymore. I won't spend an hour anymore these days creating a fight premise for a fight I am tired of two posts in.

Honestly if some of these peoples stopped running three or four similar ids and focused on being one decent human being things would be easier.

Offline Katherine The Great

• God Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 04:07:51 AM »

On the flip side of this,please remember that not everyone's circumstances are the same before you decide that they're just being blatantly rude. I use the browser version of Trillian,a lot,and it's not quite so easy to jump from convo to convo. If I'm in a match, and in the middle of a long post, I can't just bounce to a new conversation that's popped up on my "recent" tab....and that's even assuming I have that tab visible in the first place....without losing my place on my post. I'm not trying to excuse real rudeness, bit let's make sure that's what's going on from the start.

That said, there are people I'd love to talk to/match with that won't give me the time of day,so I just move on. You can't click with everyone.
I use the webbrowser on the phone, and when i chat with more than one person i have to log in again to anwer in another chatthread...
[/quote]

Oh, I only use the web browser on my Chromebook. I have the phone app for my phone....sounds like a big pain, though! Ugh! Needless to say, not everyone runs on the 'convenient' app all the time.

Offline lauren_hall

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 12:28:58 PM »
The mobile version is a complete bitch for ghosting. It can also be hard when irl gets busy to fit everyone you want to have a match with in - especially considering timezones. Hang on in there, lovely.

Offline Becca Blast!

• God Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »
The mobile version is a complete bitch for ghosting. It can also be hard when irl gets busy to fit everyone you want to have a match with in - especially considering timezones. Hang on in there, lovely.

Perfect case in point.  Lauren and I have had some fun matches back in the day, but between Trillian, re-vamps, and time differences, it's sometimes impossible to reconnect, it seems.  Patience and the big picture are the best way to deal with this sort of thing.
You little bimbos can bite me!