News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Ghosting

• 18 Replies

Offline schgirlwrestler

Ghosting
« on: September 02, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »
Seriously... what is up with all the fucking ghosting around here?

Do I have a disease that no wants to catch?

I have a pleasant conversation with people... sometimes we even do a match which i think went quite well... then... when I try to contact them again... nothing... radio silence... not even a semi pleasant 'go fuck yerself' do i get

Do you all know how hurtful this is?  do you all even care??? probably not...

Hey, if you don't want to talk anymore... fine... all you have to do is politely say... 'sorry but i don't think we're looking for the same things'... or some other nice way of putting it...

That's all... how hard is that? I won't even asky why... I'll just take you off my list and never think twice about it again...

This would be the POLITE and CONSIDERATE thing to do!

More people should be more polite and more considerate... that's what I think!

The Great Maddie and Reet Bobby Dazzler has spoken...

Offline TaekwonGirl

• Distributor of snuggles and ass kickings
Re: Ghosting
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 07:09:19 AM »
Just wait until you meet your perfect opponent and have the match of your dreams, and from that day on they idle on trillian and ignore every IM you send them.  It's happened to me more times than I care to count.
It's not the size of the girl in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the girl.

Offline schgirlwrestler

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 07:24:31 AM »
you and me both luv... you and me both...

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:46:23 PM »
Trillian likes to mess with me at times. I'll pop online for a moment but some days it leaves me online for days.  I have also been rather busy with rl lately as well as having internet provider issues at home. Time Warner may now be Spectrum, but they still provide that same sucky Time Warner service.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline schgirlwrestler

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 06:34:41 AM »
i know Trillian is partially to blame here...  but when you have proof that someone currently online is just ignoring you... i.e. when another friend of yours says that they are talking to them at the same time you are trying to... when someone you trust is telling you this... well that means they're just BUSTED!!!

then again maybe i am being too sensitive... but hey... i'm a sensitive girl :)

and i appreciate everyone else's comments :)

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 05:12:07 PM »
I go back and forth from the mobile app to the web app. Sometimes if my computer does an update and reboots when I'm on the web app, Trillian will show me as online when I'm not. Very strange and very odd.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Stacie t'Bean

• God Member
  • Just love hearin'....Stacie, please stop, I give!!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »
Yep, not sure if it's intentional or a tech glitch.  Either way, it's annoying.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 04:18:08 PM »
Yep, not sure if it's intentional or a tech glitch.  Either way, it's annoying.

It's probably a tech glitch causing that.
Have fun and tussle.

DottiD

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 07:15:44 PM »
It’s funny you posted this , i just confided in a friend on here i have had for years regarding tha same exact issue, it is what it is or so i been told but your a 100% right its out right annoying and plain rude, no one here is so good they can’t just say no, no thanks, or whatever it takes a mere second unless you type 2 words a minute, if its not that circumstance its the ones who claim to do the exact style you do and when you chat they either can’t make a scenario or are clueless how that fight actually goes, i guess bottom line is find that “one or two” you click with and be happy with that, on average there’s 60 plus on and 20 in a chat, trillian is nothing more than a replaced yahoo that is as horrible as yahoo was

Offline Becca Blast!

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 11:26:27 PM »
Considering that I've been ghosted by people complaining about being ghosted on this thread, I find the irony amusing.  Whether technology or unwillingness to discuss uncomfortable subjects, it is pointless to consider every non-response a direct insult.  I know that Trillian -- and Yahoo before it -- shows people as on that are not there, and that there are people who use that as an excuse to avoid too many discussions, or uncomfortable ones. 

I used to get very upset about it.  I don't any more, because it gives me nothing in return.  You cannot make someone talk to you every time you want to talk to them.  THAT is presumptive and rude.  Give others the benefit of the doubt, and you will be surprised at how much more relaxed you are.
You little bimbos can bite me!

Offline TaekwonGirl

• Distributor of snuggles and ass kickings
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 04:03:18 AM »
Sure, Trillian can show someone as being online when they're not, BUT eventually they do sign on, and you'd think someone who signed on and saw an IM sitting around would maybe reply and say "Hey! I was offline and just got this", but I'll see someone sign on to Trillian, and when I go to IM them, I can see the last 6 or 7 posts in the history window were me saying "Hi!" with no reply of any kind. To me that means they're not interested, or they're not polite enough to toss a "Hi" back.
It's not the size of the girl in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the girl.

Offline schgirlwrestler

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »
you said it! taekwongirl :)

my point was... is it so much trouble to just say 'hello' back once in a while?

maybe some people just don't get it...

Offline Katherine The Great

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 05:53:23 PM »
On the flip side of this,please remember that not everyone's circumstances are the same before you decide that they're just being blatantly rude. I use the browser version of Trillian,a lot,and it's not quite so easy to jump from convo to convo. If I'm in a match, and in the middle of a long post, I can't just bounce to a new conversation that's popped up on my "recent" tab....and that's even assuming I have that tab visible in the first place....without losing my place on my post. I'm not trying to excuse real rudeness, bit let's make sure that's what's going on from the start.

That said, there are people I'd love to talk to/match with that won't give me the time of day,so I just move on. You can't click with everyone.

Offline SexyNinja!

• God Member
  • yeah, so...blonde :o)
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 09:13:29 PM »
I think the take away from this is we're all on both sides of it.

Theres people who I want to talk with that never seem to reply (but are active on FCF), Someone who you talk with but never seem to actually fight, even though they "Really want to!", some you have a partial with and never hear from again...the list goes on.

On the other hand, sometimes I show online when Im not, sometimes Im just to busy too talk due to RL or otherwise and its not right to just IM me, not get the convo you were looking for, and assume the worst about me.

Its the "cost of doing business" here and Trillian.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:33:31 AM by Sexy Ninja! »
"The best compliment I can give or get is a rematch."

Offline MarissaFights

• love cyber catfights detailed & realistic
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 06:00:37 AM »
definately some ignoramouses about,the really annoying ones are the ones you have no history with who dont even reply(whos profile suggests we have common ground),ive decided that there are several here with multiple or who regulary delete & start new profiles,i can only suggest that they at least say"not interested"it doesnt cost them anything,but as i said=IGNORAMOUS
trillian Marissacats
discord Marissacats#1217