News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Idea for a new page for the FCF site...

• 27 Replies

Offline LilMishyRocks

• God Member
Idea for a new page for the FCF site...
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:18:17 AM »
I have an idea for a new Category (page) on the site, and wanted to see if 1) other members had an interest in it, and 2) it were realistically possible to add it to the site.

I’m thinking of an Interactive Fights page, where two opponents could fight “live” in public via posts, inviting support and comments from readers as the fight progresses.  It would be unlike a Chatroom Fight, in that it would not have to be started and completed in one sitting, but be able to stretch out over a week or so (whatever the opponents chose, maybe up to 10 days maximum).

Unlike a Poll Fight, it would not be about votes, which, as most of us know, rarely equate to the  quality of the posts or the direction of the fight.  And finally, it would be unlike the Chat Fight logs, as those are completed fights that are not interactive.

As an added bonus, an Interactive Fights page also offers a venue for fighters from significantly different time zones to match up publicly.

Some might say, why not just set up a poll and lock the voting for the entire time?  I’d respond that the Poll pages are specifically for polls, the readers who frequent the poll fights WANT to vote, and the interactive fights would probably draw a bit of a different crowd.

Anyway, I thought I’d float the idea, and if there were enough interest, maybe it is something the FCF Admins might consider adding.

Keep on punching!!  :)
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.  :)

Offline Serena77

• God Member
  • I'm ready to fight!
Re: Idea for a new page for the FCF site...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
Great idea! I like it!

Offline Becca Blast!

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »
Sounds like a great idea... and one that could be done, and probably has.  I assume you mean a separate category, such as currently exist for Poll Fights, Clique Wars, etc.?

I would love to do one of those.  The only question is how to handle unwanted intrusions in the action of the fight.  (Wanted intrusions, of course, aren't a problem.  :D )
You little bimbos can bite me!

Offline LilMishyRocks

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »
Sounds like a great idea... and one that could be done, and probably has.  I assume you mean a separate category, such as currently exist for Poll Fights, Clique Wars, etc.?

I would love to do one of those.  The only question is how to handle unwanted intrusions in the action of the fight.  (Wanted intrusions, of course, aren't a problem.  :D )

Yep---its own category, like those you mentioned.  As for unwanted intrusions, well, if one chooses to go public, one accepts them.  I think for the most part folks are pretty supportive of the poll posts, and I haven't seen too many intrusions that really ruin the spirit of the contest.  BUT, you could also give the creator of the match the power to delete posts as needed.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.  :)

Offline JaneWalker

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:57:09 PM »
I like this idea and think it is a way to show what your looking for in a fight and gives the people involved a way to decide how it goes
I'm new here looking to meet fun people for intresting chats about fights and fun. I like wrestling and catfights with a story and a few rules. I don't mess with men farm animals or ghosts.

Offline michellecatfites

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »
Very interesting idea. Would seem to eliminate issues that cause both fighters and specators lose interest in a particular public fight.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:40:34 PM by michellecatfites »

Offline 💪SherrieFights💪

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »
I too love this idea!
~SherrieFights on Trillian~

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
  • the one who outshines all of you skanks
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 05:03:31 AM »
it is a fun solution   as mish said for ladies from  far different time zones...... :)
the prez tramp

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 12:49:50 AM »
We are looking into this idea. If it gets enough support we will look into setting it up. If we do it will be moderated the same way as everywhere else on the forum and chat room with the 10 mods and 3 admins that we already have.

Having said that we would also like to see more public matches in the chat room. If people dont want to do matches in the main chat room you can make your own rooms and invite ppl to watch on our the chat server.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline yora

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
I like it, recently a similar match was held in the catfight stories forum and it was great reading. 

Offline let em fight

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 01:39:13 PM »
As a spectator I love this idea. I rarely get to watch a fight because obviously most of the girls do them privately.  I like the idea of being able to watch and cheer my fighter on. Great suggestion!

Offline Kelseycat

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 04:53:20 PM »
Awesome idea! Sign me up for this!

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 09:36:39 PM »
I'm completely in favor of this as it will allow fights to not be buried and if rl happens as it usually does, people can pick up when they can. Plus the time zone issue will be eased by this.

Also, this wouldn't be limited to just f v f fights would it?
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Becca Blast!

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 04:07:21 AM »
We are looking into this idea. If it gets enough support we will look into setting it up. If we do it will be moderated the same way as everywhere else on the forum and chat room with the 10 mods and 3 admins that we already have.

Having said that we would also like to see more public matches in the chat room. If people dont want to do matches in the main chat room you can make your own rooms and invite ppl to watch on our the chat server.

Which is a wonderful idea, Devil, but the chat room is not the solution for people such as Mish, Bridgette, the Doll, or me, who are limited in the times we can be here, yet still want to create compelling, involved stories.  That's why I strongly encourage this proposed platform, and will be happy to do whatever is necessary to make it work.
You little bimbos can bite me!

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 05:53:09 AM »

Which is a wonderful idea, Devil, but the chat room is not the solution for people such as Mish, Bridgette, the Doll, or me, who are limited in the times we can be here, yet still want to create compelling, involved stories.  That's why I strongly encourage this proposed platform, and will be happy to do whatever is necessary to make it work.

Yeah clearly based on the 16 fight logs they have posted here alone they are too busy to spend time here since they are doing all those fights elsewhere. For fuck's sake people come bitching to Dan and i because they want us to drum up chat fights and everyone and their dog run to chatsy or trillian so fast it is like they are under orders to do so. We don't need to be undercut in public least of all by another member of the team.

if there is a legit concern over our upgraded chat other than "I will lose points with the owners of my yahoo group " let us know and we can deal with it. But I fail to see how some people can have time to do it in trillian or chatsy but not in FCF chat.

Also, posting support for this under multiple IDs isn't cool. If you have time to do that surely you have time to fight here too. (no names unless it keeps happening ). Granted since a fair number of these, like poll fights, will likely be someone versus themselves to show off their writing skill, maybe it is appropriate ;D

Not something I support or feel is needed since clearly people have the time, just not the will. I would put it as a sub section of chat fight logs myself.