News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Samurai at MWM (December 2017)

• 0 Replies

Offline spidermouth

Samurai at MWM (December 2017)
« on: December 04, 2017, 01:27:05 AM »
Samurai 7-1 The Amazing Spider-Mouth

Today I was back at MWM for a session with one of my favourite opponents, the stunningly beautiful Samurai.  This was a 2 hour session and I had planned it so that Samurai would be doing a female match later on in the afternoon and I thought 2 hours against me would tire her out and her opponent would have a chance of revenge after the last match.  Unfortunately, Samurai?s opponent was ill today and so their match did not go ahead.  This meant Samurai did not have to save anything for a later match and we were able to go all out against each other and we had a cracking good match; a serious contender for my match of 2017. 

I wore a red long sleeved rugby training while Samurai wore a black long sleeved top and purple leggings, she looked sensational.  We launched into each other in the first round and soon I was on my back having to use my half guard to defend against Samurai as she tried neck holds and a half grapevine.  Samurai frantically tried to pull clear of my half guard but I was able to readjust it back on and keep things under control.  I made a big effort and rolled on top.  Now it was Samurai using her half guard on me and looking to get me into her guard but I kept my outer leg firmly on the mats to prevent her doing so.  She struggled vigorously beneath me and I took the opportunity to get full mount position and work her arms down to the mats above her head, closing my thighs to the outsides of her arms, looking down as I pinned her.  Starting the count but concentrating on pinning her expecting her to try and dislodge me on the count of 8 but it did not happen and I counted to 10 completing the pin and taking a 1-0 lead, maybe this would be my day!

Samurai told me that the first round was just the warm up and that she would start wrestling more competitively now.  And sure enough, Round 2 was a very quick round indeed with Samurai taking me with a guillotine hold and I had to tap.  1-1.

I certainly did not need round 3 to be anything like round 2 or else Samurai might beat me by a huge score over the 2 hours.  So it was straight into defence as she tried to pull me down with a Thai grip.  I managed to work her hands from the back of my neck and grab her around her body.  She had one arm over one of my shoulders and the other arm underneath my other shoulder.  We fell onto the mats and started tussling for position.  Samurai got on top and managed to get full mount.  She tried to get a leg up above my arm so as she could role me into a triangle choke but I was able to slip my arm from under her leg and shrimp back.  She still had the full mount opposition though.  She planted a foot near my ear, I was thinking she might try for an arm bar but instead she got into school girl pin position.  I pushed her behind over my head and escaped out the back but she came after me getting my back.  I had to fend off a decent attempt she was making to get the rear naked choke.  I managed to turn around and face her but she tucked my head under her arm behind hr back and reached across with her other arm to apply a second guillotine hold.  I tried to resist but had to tap pretty soon.  2-1 to Samurai.

Early in round 4, Samurai pulled my arm into an arm bar but I rolled into it, ending up on my knees.  I was able to keep my arm bent and use my leg and back strength to prize myself clear.  Samurai was back on top and in full mount position.  She protested that the top I was wearing was slippery and helping me escape.  Indeed it was one of those skin tight rugby tops that make it harder for opponents to tackle you and it was serving me well in this match.  I shifted and rotated on the mats to counter Samurai?s attempts to get a pin, grapevine or smother and any time a leg came up looking for a triangle I was able to keep my arms over her thighs in defence.  This was such a long round that we agree to take a break for water (it was actually coconut juice) in the middle of the round and then set ourselves back up in the same position.  We were setting a heck of a pace but were lasting well as we passed the hour mark.  As Samurai was in full mount position, I was able to look up and see that she was thoroughly enjoying the challenge.  Smiling while gritting her teeth with determination, trying to overpower her opponent and break down the defence.  Samurai managed to get into a school girl pin position and reached behind my head with her hands to ensure I could not escape out the back as she rolled side on and applied the head scissors.  She got the scissors perfectly on my neck and I had to tap out.  3-1 to Samurai.

The next round started with Samurai pulling me down with a Thai grip, while I was down on my knees she was up on her feet leaning over me looking for a guillotine.  Instead she went a bit further over the top of me and tried to lock her legs on my neck for a reverse head scissors.  I spotted it early and managed to disconnect her ankles with my hands.  I was kneeling bent double as she leaned down on top of me, her hands holding together beneath my stomach.  I was in hedgehog defence mode. I pushed at her knees to prevent her re-applying the reverse head scissors.  We ended up side on and I made the move to get on top, but Samurai got me with a guillotine from below and I tapped out.  4-1 to Samurai.

We battled on with Samurai attempting arm bars, triangles and attempting to take my back.  She told me I was really strong today which was very gratifying.  Samurai wrestled particularly intensely in this round.  Every time I escaped one move, she was pouncing on me immediately to try something else.  Eventually she pinned me on my back and switched to a cross body win and put me in an Americana hold.  My right arm simply did not have the strength to prevent her two arms from completing the hold.  5-1 to Samurai.

Samurai earned her next point with a hold I?ve never been put in before, it was an arm triangle except she applied it with her legs rather than with her arms.  Samurai had been trying to get a head scissors on me and I managed to keep her legs apart.  She managed to keep my arm in position with one leg while pushing the arm around my neck with the back of her other thigh.  It was pretty incredible.  6-1 to Samurai.

Final 10 minutes, time for one last go at each other, Samurai telling me not to get this point with me replying I?ll finish how I started.  It was a fast fierce and feisty exchange as we used up whatever energy we had left.  She got me with a head scissors and as I tapped we both fell back on the mats utterly exhausted, getting up to give each other a big hug at the end of an immense battle.  7-1 to Samurai was the final score, she was excellent but I was honestly delighted with my own performance.  I normally go down 7-0 to Samurai over an hour so to lose 7-1 over 2 hours is a decent effort.  Big thanks to Cam for organising the match and big thanks to Samurai for making it such an excellent one xx