News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Retro League

• 6 Replies

Offline Anon

Retro League
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:16:26 AM »
I'm starting up a retro league focused on famous women active between 1945 and 1955. Anybody interested can recruit and manage three relevant fighters. We've got a way of generating official match results via dice before writing up a brief report. The idea is to spread out the effort a little bit; everyone can help, but no one step requires any specific person. There are already a number of fighters who are recruited, so if you want to claim yours, you should join us in the group chat here:

https://discord.gg/TDKbZx

Discord is free, runs in your browser, and is nice, if you haven't used it. Alternatively, you can talk to me in the thread or through PMs.

(Accidentally deleted, so I'm re-posting this, since it's still relevant)

Offline Anon

Re: Retro League
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:02:21 AM »
I wanted to update this a little bit, because we got off to a slow start. Recently there's been more action. Rita Hayworth, Hedy Lamarr, Mamie Van Doren, Jane Russell, and Yvonne De Carlo all have management by players. We've had four completed fights: Sophia Loren vs Jayne Mansfield, Mamie Van Doren vs Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren vs Jane Russell, and Carole Landis vs Yvonne De Carlo. All matches are based on dice and league stats for the fighters.

Betty Grable and Zsa Zsa Gabor have upcoming matches, but no management. And any woman who has some kind of reasonable claim to celebrity status between 1945 and 1955 might make an appearance later.

This link
https://discord.gg/hSXWGMy
will get you to the chat where results, pics, up to date links, and general discussion go. Or you can ask me any questions in the thread, or send them to my inbox here.

As a bonus, have the justification for the first listed match:

Offline Dario

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »
Great work, I love it, many thanks. Rita vs Marilyn would be fantastic too.

Offline Anon

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »
Appreciate it. That would be up to Rita's manager.

Offline Anon

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 07:04:50 AM »
I'm gonna post a slightly shorter update because I'm trying to get a hold of somebody named Roy who has joined the chat four or five times. Roy, if you're having trouble reaching me, I'm unlikely to be active in chat at any given moment, but if you leave a message in the chat I'll see it when I get on and I can get in touch with you that way. Also, it's easier for you to follow chat over time if you confirm your e-mail with discord, so you can have a place to keep personal messages and stuff. I check this thread and my forum messages as well.

Really that goes for anybody who wants to participate, ask questions, or just get slightly faster updates.

Since I'm posting, here are some more match results:
Yvonne De Carlo vs Loretta Young
Diana Dors vs Jayne Mansfield
Mamie Van Doren vs Diana Dors

Offline Anon

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 11:41:46 PM »
It's been about a week and we have a new manager, some new fighters, and some new fights. R14 is managing Jane Greer, Julie Adams, and Veronica Lake. The latest fights:
Hedy Lamarr vs Zsa Zsa Gabor
Rita Hayworth vs Betty Grable
Jane Russell vs Arlene Dahl
Marilyn Monroe vs Loretta Young
Zsa Zsa Gabor vs Diana Dors

This is the up to date discord link if you want to participate or just talk about the league. I should be on for most of today, or at least enough to get to any questions you have.
https://discord.gg/hSXWGMy
I'd update the one in the first post, but the forum won't let me. So... just ignore that one.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:42:50 PM by Anon »

Offline Anon

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »
Forgot to post here for a while, but here's what's gotten finished. A lot of these fights are leading up to the tournament for last place, but the final match of that sequence is still to come. Also, the first two on two match is in there.

Arlene Dahl vs Carole Landis
Kim Novak and Doris Day vs Rita Hayworth and Mamie Van Doren
Yvonne De Carlo vs Dorothy Lamour
Mara Corday vs Jane Russell
Marilyn Monroe vs Zsa Zsa Gabor
Jayne Mansfield vs Carole Landis
Mamie Van Doren vs Barbara Nichols