News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Trish Stratus

• 8 Replies

Offline Bethany4Good

Trish Stratus
« on: October 30, 2018, 01:21:58 PM »
 Wow did anybody else see Trish stratus performance over the past couple days ? 

I know many people have said they think in real life she could handle her own....in my opinion she looked feeble and slow.

What would happen if Trish fought a female ISIS terrorist on the streets?   Would love to,hear some detailed feedback and/or opinions....

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
Re: Trish Stratus
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 04:30:46 PM »
Well,

Since I do create mainstream fiction too, radicalism as a subject is part of it, so it's the one I can comment on more, and I want to dispel a misconception right away. Does who wish to do harm, find ways to do so, but it is undeniable, that if you make it so easy that applicants don't have to conform to the criminal background checks and psychological eligibility, attacks like Pittsburgh happen way more often, and yes, this level of antisemitism qualifies as mental disturbance.

While the motivation is similar (lone wolf terrorists battle the nonexistent new world order, whereas religious terrorists fight the existing one), the execution is way different. If we are to disregard self-appointed lone wolfs, like the Boston bombers, actually trained operatives are like sleeper agents or agents with a non-official cover, who's to wreak maximum havoc at the best moment nobody expects them to. As such, they look like just like us and act accordingly.

Unlike with a staged bout or preexisting knowledge, Stratus could do what any other civilian, not engage and take the nearest cover. I know, I know it doesn't sound sexy, except, for a few operatives second-guessing their choices, most are trained and expected to fight to the death, and they have the mental advantage of setting the plan in motion, whilst the other is caught by surprise.

Last but not least, the world we live in is one where radical antiglobalists only don masks for G7 meetings and return to normal life the next day, and chances are high you met one of them on the street today. If the answer is very probably you wouldn't think they throw bricks or Molotov cocktails just shines a light on how much of a chance non-special forces civilian would have against a bogey.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »
Every time I think this site has asked the most random dumbass question, there someone tops it. Because of course someone will think random celeb versus a terrorist is a hot fight.

Offline Michael James

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 03:23:53 AM »
Honestly, the way Trish Stratus looked...  I think she'd get her ass kicked in an average bar fight, much less attempting to fight a terrorist.   She looked like she hasn't trained in the ring for 10 years....   oh, wait... she hasn't... She probably got about 6 weeks of refresher training in, at best, before these recent events.  Same with Lita!  They both looked like they were so out of it, they could barely do their "signature moves".

Just my opinion anyway.

Offline Bear

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:18:42 AM »
Every time I think this site has asked the most random dumbass question, there someone tops it. Because of course someone will think random celeb versus a terrorist is a hot fight.

Was going to comment on this post, but you beat me to it. 

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »

Was going to comment on this post, but you beat me to it.

I just don't understand how you get from her being slower these days to fighting a terrorist in the street. That leap from one thought to the next just perplexes me
trillian: fitzy_j
Discord: fitzy_j#7501

Offline Sinful Senorita Carmen

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 07:51:49 PM »
Trish Stratus is slow because she is 42 years old now and really hasn't been in the ring for several years now so there is a lot of ring rust build up.  They didn't give her enough time to prep for this match and you could tell it was scripted in this case because she was limited.  I never found her to be that great of a wrestler, compared to what you see in WWE now or in the indys.  However the whole ISIS thing had to be the dumbest shit that I read this week.  We shouldn't even glorify the thought of a terrorist organization.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 05:19:43 PM »
Trish Stratus is slow because she is 42 years old now and really hasn't been in the ring for several years now so there is a lot of ring rust build up.  They didn't give her enough time to prep for this match and you could tell it was scripted in this case because she was limited.  I never found her to be that great of a wrestler, compared to what you see in WWE now or in the indys.  However the whole ISIS thing had to be the dumbest shit that I read this week.  We shouldn't even glorify the thought of a terrorist organization.

I always thought Trish was limited too, but is that because her opponents were limited? I mean the womens talent is much better and deeper these days. It's not like anyone could do much with Terri, the Cat, and Deborah as opponents.
I wonder if she would have developed better these days, with more diverse and better opponents
trillian: fitzy_j
Discord: fitzy_j#7501

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »

I always thought Trish was limited too, but is that because her opponents were limited? I mean the womens talent is much better and deeper these days. It's not like anyone could do much with Terri, the Cat, and Deborah as opponents.
I wonder if she would have developed better these days, with more diverse and better opponents

Except Trish's opponents weren't those women. They were before her time wrestling wise. She faced people like Jazz, Jacqueline, Gail Kim,Lita, Molly Holly, Victoria and Micki James. And most of those are people who would have fit in just fine today. Trish's saving grace is she could work with people far more talented than her and not screw it up. She is far better than she should have been but I don't think she was ever good without a talented opponent carrying her through the match.