News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Pre-poll for 1996 - Movie Actresses

• 18 Replies

Offline AmazonBrooke

Pre-poll for 1996 - Movie Actresses
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:00:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've made a preliminary list from leading actresses in the biggest movies from January 1996, don't worry if you're favourites aren't here. This is the first of many prelims to filter who the favourites are, once I know who you guys like the most then I'll involve them in matches. I'm not playing favourites so you'll find actresses of all ages and sizes listed here. Remember this is a list from over 20 years ago so it's likely you won't have heard of some, I know I haven't.

Actress data listed below, age listed as in 1996:

Madeleine Stowe - 37 - 5'6" -130lbs
Bonnie Hunt - 34 - 5'6" - 126lbs
Whitney Houston - 32 - 5'8" - 137lbs
Angela Bassett - 37 - 5'3" - 124lbs
Lela Rochon - 31 - 5'9" - 141lbs
Kimberly Williams - 24 - 5'5" - 119lbs
Julia Ormond - 30 - 5'6" - 135lbs
Juliette Lewis - 22 - 5'6" - 122lbs
Salma Hayek - 29 - 5'1" - 119lbs
Kate Winslet - 20 - 5'6" - 139lbs
Joey Lauren Adams - 28 - 5'4" - 123lbs

Pics to follow....

Madelaine Stowe
{alt}{alt}{alt}

Bonnie Hunt
{alt}{alt}{alt}
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:29:41 PM by AmazonBrooke »
Size DOES matter

Offline AmazonBrooke

Re: Pre-poll for 1996 - Movie Actresses
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »
Whitney Houston:

{alt}{alt}{alt}

Angela Bassett:

{alt}{alt}{alt}

Lela Rochon:

{alt}{alt}{alt}
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:44:53 PM by AmazonBrooke »
Size DOES matter

Offline AmazonBrooke

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:56:31 PM »
(Sorry to spam you guys, I just didn't want to throw about 35 pics into a single post)

Kimberly Williams:
{alt}{alt}{alt}

Julia Ormond:
{alt}{alt}{alt}

Juliette Lewis:
{alt}{alt}{alt}
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:58:11 PM by AmazonBrooke »
Size DOES matter

Offline AmazonBrooke

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:09:21 PM »
Salma Hayek:

{alt}{alt}{alt}

Kate Winslet:

{alt}{alt}{alt}

Joey Lauren Adams:

{alt}{alt}{alt}
Size DOES matter

Offline Ginny38

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Kim & Ginny's Bedtime Stories
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »
Boy oh boy! I'd totally forgotten Bonnie Hunt - who was huge back in the day.
Nice collection of names to start. I can't wait to see who else you come up with....

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:32:38 PM »
Nice collection of names to start. I can't wait to see who else you come up with....

I'm a cinephile who was very much alive in '96, but can you refresh my memory from what I should know her? 'Cause I'm good with names and faces and still can't place her.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline Vitezislav

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 07:02:53 PM »

I'm a cinephile who was very much alive in '96, but can you refresh my memory from what I should know her? 'Cause I'm good with names and faces and still can't place her.

She played in Jumanji (1995), Jerry Maquire (1996) and The Green Mile (1999), some of her biggest roles.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »

She played in Jumanji (1995), Jerry Maquire (1996) and The Green Mile (1999), some of her biggest roles.

That makes sense, then. In Jumanji my focus followed the narrative of the two kids and the adult trapped in the game and if I recall correctly she was knocked out cold at one point. In Jerry Maguire, I can place Cruise, Zellweger and Gooding Jr., whereas in The Green Mile I followed the focus of the prisoner and the death row guards. Maybe my definition of a primary protagonist is lagging.

Offline Dario

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 09:50:10 AM »
Kim Bassinger?. Kathlen Turner?.

Offline AmazonBrooke

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 10:17:54 AM »
Kim Bassinger?. Kathlen Turner?.

As mentioned in the first post, I'm currently focused on 1996 so there's a chance these women might feature later on:

(from Kim Basinger wikipedia page)
"Amid financial issues, Basinger went into hiatus from the screen by the mid-1990s.
She made a comeback as the femme fatale in Curtis Hanson's neo-noir L.A. Confidential (1997)"
Size DOES matter

Offline Ginny38

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Kim & Ginny's Bedtime Stories
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »

I'm a cinephile who was very much alive in '96, but can you refresh my memory from what I should know her? 'Cause I'm good with names and faces and still can't place (Bonnie Hunt).

I often use a web site - Internet Movie Database www.imdb.com - to research old time actor/actresses and find the names/dates of films they were in. It also lists cast, characters names, directors, producers, etc., which I used to sprinkle throughout my stories to lend "color" and something of a back story when trying to explain the reasons for the (fill in the whatever you're writing about).

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »

I'm a cinephile who was very much alive in '96, but can you refresh my memory from what I should know her? 'Cause I'm good with names and faces and still can't place (Bonnie Hunt).

I often use a web site - Internet Movie Database www.imdb.com - to research old time actor/actresses and find the names/dates of films they were in. It also lists cast, characters names, directors, producers, etc., which I used to sprinkle throughout my stories to lend "color" and something of a back story when trying to explain the reasons for the (fill in the whatever you're writing about).

I'm guessing you mean something like this: Wyatt Earp was a technical consultant for Tom Mix, the silent era western movie star, who influenced the career path of John Wayne, whose film life influenced Clint Eastwood, who helped Kevin Costner, who played Wyatt Earp, making one hell of a six degrees with a bacon lettuce tomato sandwich (given how unhealthy Wayne lived). Speaking of which, Sharon Stone... The Quick and the Dead was just a year before.

Also, it's worth mentioning AmazonBrooke that it was Boxing Helena which has nearly bankrupted Kim Basinger, but maybe Ginny could create a story about Basinger actually boxing Helena Bonham Carter.

Offline Dario

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 11:04:40 AM »
Erika Eleniak, Bordello of Blood, 1996.

Offline AmazonBrooke

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for voting so far  ;D

I'll be closing this poll on Thursday, and those with less than 25-30% of the vote (by actual voters, not total votes as listed in the poll) will be eliminated.

I'm also thinking of working the vote itself into some sort of elimination/battle royal-style fight story to kick things off.
Size DOES matter

Offline Interested fightfan

• God Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »
 Bonnie Hunt

Angela Bassett

Julia Ormond

Kate Winslet