News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Serena Williams VS Maria Sharapova - a discussion

• 3 Replies

Offline FightFantasy

Serena Williams VS Maria Sharapova - a discussion
« on: January 06, 2019, 02:56:15 AM »
Serena Williams VS Maria Sharapova seems to be a classic fight fantasy. Because they're such rivals, I imagine them having a no-rules fight wearing only a bikini and boxing gloves.

However, it seems to me that most think that Serena Williams should be the clear winner and Maria has no chances. I personally find this a bit strange. I think that actually they're a very balanced match-up and Maria has a good chance of winning.

I think that most people have the following images in their mind when they think about them fighting:

{alt}

{alt}

Here Serena looks very strong and imposing while Maria looks fragile and defenseless. But if you actually look at the photos where they are together:

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

{alt}

Maria doesn't look smaller or significantly weaker than Serena. Serena's weight according to Google is 70 kg. Maria's weight is listed to be 59 kg, but I think that's clearly not the case. Some webpage claims that her actual weight is 68 kg, which seems to be closer to reality.

{alt}

I still think that Serena is more likely to win, because she seems to be overall stronger. However, there's also a possibility that Maria will prevail. And it's not a remote possibility, I can totally see her winning.

For reference, you may look at this fight, even though is not exactly the same: https://youtu.be/XKsyv7xKzxA

But it shows how a better technique can be more important than weight.

What do you think about this? Does this change your perspective?

Offline Ginny38

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Kim & Ginny's Bedtime Stories
Re: Serena Williams VS Maria Sharapova - a discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 05:05:41 PM »
IF this fight were held in a sanctioned federation, Sharapova and Williams would be in different WEIGHT CLASSES which would make their bout something of a "special even" - at catchweight or in some kind of gimmick (like a boxer vs wrestler thing).

Williams height/weight (according to several sources): 5'9", 150.
Sharapova: 6'2", 130

Even allowing for some inaccuracy in the numbers above, it's clear there is a physical mismatch (favoring which one you can disagree on).

I would expect Williams style to be somewhat like Joe Frazier or George Forman in that she has the advantage in punching power and strength. Her trainers would likely tell her to get in close to punish Sharapova's body to slow her down,then finish her off with power punching.

Maria's style would (I assume) be reminiscent of Sugar Ray Leonard's, using quickness and her longer reach to peck away at Serena, perhaps hoping to wear down the bigger woman with jabs (bloodying her nose, opening cuts over her eyes) more than likely legging her way to a decision (unless Williams is more damaged than I expect her to be).

It would NOT be as easy for Sharapova to win as it would for Williams (who could possibly end the fight with one-punch power while Sharapova would need to land several (or more) to put Serena down.... but it's not impossible.

I expect Maria's better chance to be a Williams would be against Serena's sister, Venus, who's body type is far more similar to Sharapova's (and it would likely be a more interesting fight - but for different reasons.

Offline de Trixah

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »
When I look at the pics of them together, I would still  say, that Serena wins for sure.
Maria is very strong and underrated in this forum I think. She han an impressive height, broad shoulders for her height, strong arms (and legs, that you dont see that clearly in this pics, but I have seen other pics of them). She would beat allmost all women out there (I think more than 90% would be completely clobbered and helpless), and also most men and female ahtletes.
But Serena is not so much shorter, has at least as much broad shoulders and overall a sturdier upper body. Her arms are not only quite a bit thicker than Marias, but look even more toned. I think you can say the same for her legs. All in all, Serena is such a powerhouse, it would be nearly impossible to find any woman besides professional fighters to beat her.
Maria should find someone else to fight and she would have good chances to win, but here they are very low, approaching zero IMO.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:04:02 PM by de Trixah »

Offline MisterSteel

• God Member
    • Steel's Literotica Page
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »
Honestly, if anything, I'd say that the side by side pictures you posted of Serena and Sharpova at a tennis match cement in my mind that Sharpova has less of a chance in a match against Serena than when I began, whether it be boxing, wrestling, or a down and dirty catfight. Sure, superior technique can make up differences in strength, but Sharpova would need to have been training for weeks, if not months specifically for this match while Serena has been lazing off.
My Trillian is inactive again, but if you're interested in setting something up with me, I can set up a private, open-edit Google Doc.