News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Former Momfight.com members

• 15 Replies

tafflion

Former Momfight.com members
« on: January 09, 2019, 01:19:58 AM »
I used to be on the former momfight.com site up until it closed down. I’m looking for a couple of members who remember me.

One in particular who was called ‘Tearhair’. He was on this site, only under a different name. He was from Britain. We chatted a number of times.

I would be grateful if he could get in touch with me, or if anybody knows him.

Thanks
Martian Boy (martianboy)

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
Re: Former Momfight.com members
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
I only knew of Babita, who I only knew from there, but that account is gone along with stories rescued from the site.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

tafflion

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »
Catfightlover40, I personally know Babita. She came off this site due to a couple of idiots who gave her abuse. She’s a British born Indian woman. The stories you are referring to are still here. They were posted here by Irada, but written by me on the old Momfight site. They are:-

Mom’s Fight

Lorna’s Memories of Sonia and Muriel Fighting..

Babita’s then neighbour actually saw the first fight mentioned.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 04:44:38 PM »
Catfightlover40, I personally know Babita. She came off this site due to a couple of idiots who gave her abuse. She’s a British born Indian woman. The stories you are referring to are still here. They were posted here by Irada, but written by me on the old Momfight site. They are:-

Mom’s Fight

Lorna’s Memories of Sonia and Muriel Fighting..

Babita’s then neighbour actually saw the first fight mentioned.

As I'm sually busy writing stories and real life, I wasn't aware why she left. I only learned about it because I lost two stories to the site shutting down a month earlier than announced and I hoped she might have them. My memory is fantastic if it's connected to something or someone frequent, which is why I don't recall interacting with Irada and thus thinking she be the one to post it. What I do remember is Babita saying you were hassled too, and I personally don't like that. If what the other is writing is legal, nobody is compelled to heckle them.

tafflion

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »
Catfightlover40, I’m not completely sure what Babita was hassled over, but it seemed to be because she’s Indian. I haven’t spoken to her since Christmas, but will be speaking in the coming weeks. I’ll ask her if she printed out any stories from Momfight.

The hassle and abuse I received was over my last story there. The story was about my mum Jane, and my aunt Carol. It was pure fiction, with some of my thoughts about Carol when I was growing up.

A certain member, who I later blocked, was convinced it actually happened. He was convinced he knew Carol. When challenged, he could not tell me her surname, or where she lived. He then demanded I put a photo of both Jane and Carol in the story. I told him to use his imagination, it did not happen, it was fantasy. He then got extremely abusive.

I can’t remember his name, but he had been there for several years, not once had he made a public post. Obviously a troll.

I did keep a copy of that story.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »
Catfightlover40, I’m not completely sure what Babita was hassled over, but it seemed to be because she’s Indian. I haven’t spoken to her since Christmas, but will be speaking in the coming weeks. I’ll ask her if she printed out any stories from Momfight.

The hassle and abuse I received was over my last story there. The story was about my mum Jane, and my aunt Carol. It was pure fiction, with some of my thoughts about Carol when I was growing up.

A certain member, who I later blocked, was convinced it actually happened. He was convinced he knew Carol. When challenged, he could not tell me her surname, or where she lived. He then demanded I put a photo of both Jane and Carol in the story. I told him to use his imagination, it did not happen, it was fantasy. He then got extremely abusive.

I can’t remember his name, but he had been there for several years, not once had he made a public post. Obviously a troll.

I did keep a copy of that story.

I don't use family names or any other information that could be identifiable, much less pictures. I'm a realist to know, that about 94-95% of characters, even if they're based on real people, aren't into fighting, so there's no need for me to use anything else, but imagination. Can I add you as a buddy?

tafflion

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 10:04:01 PM »
Catfightlover40, yes

Offline T aka Tony

• God Member
  • Working late
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »
I was a Mod there it's final few years. I ran quite a few polls there. I had the privilege of meeting catfightlover40, Kathy and a few others. I was able to get Kathy to join my Poll Fight league after Mom's Fight closed down. Mom's fight had a different flavor than FCF which I liked. I miss the place.

Cheers!

Tony
Cheers!

tafflion

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 10:48:40 PM »
I was a Mod there it's final few years. I ran quite a few polls there. I had the privilege of meeting catfightlover40, Kathy and a few others. I was able to get Kathy to join my Poll Fight league after Mom's Fight closed down. Mom's fight had a different flavor than FCF which I liked. I miss the place.

Cheers!

Tony

I also miss that site. I did think about taking it on when it was announced it was going to close. Unfortunately, I’ve no experience of running a site. Perhaps I should have applied to be a moderator, I frequented the site enough.

I only met one person from that site, Babita. We found out we lived close to each other.

The only other two I corresponded with on a regular basis were Irada and Tearhair. I’m still in touch with Irada via email. I last corresponded with Tearhair via Momfight chat about a week before its premature demise?

I believe it was in terminal decline after the serious virus attack around 2015. Many members never came back after. New members did join, but there was very little input.

Any idea why it shut down earlier than the date given?

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 11:17:14 AM »

I also miss that site. I did think about taking it on when it was announced it was going to close. Unfortunately, I’ve no experience of running a site. Perhaps I should have applied to be a moderator, I frequented the site enough.

I only met one person from that site, Babita. We found out we lived close to each other.

The only other two I corresponded with on a regular basis were Irada and Tearhair. I’m still in touch with Irada via email. I last corresponded with Tearhair via Momfight chat about a week before its premature demise?

I believe it was in terminal decline after the serious virus attack around 2015. Many members never came back after. New members did join, but there was very little input.

Any idea why it shut down earlier than the date given?
[/quote]

I did apply to be a mod but even if it was under consideration, the site shut down before that.

Offline T aka Tony

• God Member
  • Working late
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 03:10:42 PM »
Mom Fight offered to me to take over the site. There was a cost involved and I did not have the extra funds to do so. I believe since it appeared that no one was taking over the site he just decided to pull the plug. Why prolong the agony.

Tony
Cheers!

tafflion

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 06:32:39 PM »
Mom Fight offered to me to take over the site. There was a cost involved and I did not have the extra funds to do so. I believe since it appeared that no one was taking over the site he just decided to pull the plug. Why prolong the agony.

Tony

Point taken, perhaps it had ran its course.

tafflion

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »
catfightlover40, I’ve tried to pm you, it’s blocked :-[

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »

Because I set PMs to communicate (if need be) with mods and buddies, hence why I asked you to become buddies, it will work after that.

tafflion

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 05:32:04 PM »

Because I set PMs to communicate (if need be) with mods and buddies, hence why I asked you to become buddies, it will work after that.

I’ve tried to accept the request, but there seems to be a problem. It’s saying we’re buddies, but nothing to show.