News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Make cyber more interesting

• 11 Replies

Offline LTBitch

• 6 foot 4inch 142lb
Make cyber more interesting
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:46:24 PM »
  Came up with an idea who to improver cyber by taking it out of the tit for tat redundancy.  Make attacks and defenses based on probabilities altered by the woman's stats, skill, difficulty of maneuver etc.  Each fighter would have a stamina level based on their physic it would go down when hit, but slowly regenerate when avoiding.  Of course, the lower your stamina the harder it is to hit your opponent and the less you can avoid.  when your stamina reaches zero you are helpless.
  Any thoughts.

Online Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Make cyber more interesting
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:59:30 PM »
Then play Dungeons and Dragons or play a video game. A good cyber person already does all those things. In a realistic fight most moves would likely be a miss or a fight will last a minute. Cyber already has enough people who apparently should have been in the UFC instead of here and this type of thing just makes it far more likely everyone will be a trained hand to hand fighter in great physical condition.

If that is an "improvement" cyber can keep on leaving me out of it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:03:09 PM by nutmeg »

Offline LTBitch

• 6 foot 4inch 142lb
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »
  I am sure you belong to a mutual admiration society that strokes each others egos,  but until someone actually pays money for something you wrote you are just a no talent hack. :

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
  • Life is like a boxing chocolate
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 10:44:11 PM »
  Came up with an idea who to improver cyber by taking it out of the tit for tat redundancy.  Make attacks and defenses based on probabilities altered by the woman's stats, skill, difficulty of maneuver etc.  Each fighter would have a stamina level based on their physic it would go down when hit, but slowly regenerate when avoiding.  Of course, the lower your stamina the harder it is to hit your opponent and the less you can avoid.  when your stamina reaches zero you are helpless.
  Any thoughts.

What you are proposing here is pitting the game theory against the social theory. Namely, that, just as nutmeg says, it would strengthen people's natural desire to present themselves in a better light. This makes sociology an actual spycraft, because in order to perform deep interviews, they need to blend in. Like for example, how a man organically can learn about women discussing physical fights they had, or they wish they had once they're comfortable the men in presence does not pose a threat.

So, in a world where most cyber fighters are already plagued by time zone differences and/or the superhero condition, an idea like this really does only skew things in a more negative direction. Especially because it seems that you take  a rebuttal as a personal attack, when the subject is the idea, not who came up with it. I seem to remember there being a league once who used a 20-side dice to determine moves, and it worked by virtue of being a common decision.

As for writers, you actually could not be more wrong, if you tried. Several high profile names, including journalists, politicians, actors and bankers use ghostwriters. Before O'Reilly went the way he was supposed to, he published the Killing series, which bore his name and what he did not write. Even though Dan Brown, E L James and Stephanie Meyer are writers with adapted novelizations, their run-of-the-mill stories can be thought up in 5 minutes, and sold by marketing for years. I can be and has been commissioned, but I leave it up to people putting interest in my works the decision how I fare as a scribe. There's also this wild idea that some, or possibly many don't want to get paid or work for others to retain full creative control.
The  home of my multi-part work: https://www.patreon.com/powelltothepeople

Offline WildAtHeart

• God Member
  • ready for action
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:44:25 PM »
I agree with both sides here, good cyber fighters should be able to gage holds and already try for something resembling realistic reactions but I do have a few issues I find frequently....

1) trying to find balance during a fight like when post posts states "I grab you around the neck and try to lift my knee hard into your chest" and my opponent responds "I block your knee and fire 15 punches into your face, then grab you and lift your into a pile driver , WHAM, and then fire three elbows into your back and apply a figure four leg lock".  I mean what the hell.....try to limit to a max 1-3 holds, it is one thing to set something up but try to mirror your opponent with amount of moves.

2) I also hate when you fight someone for the first time and you hope for a few rounds to get used to style of opponent. I recently cybered a girl and gave a paragraph and she replied with 8 and she complained about my post being so short.  So OK, I worked to make it longer and did a few paragraphs and she disappeared.  I hate that because sometimes it might take a bit to get used to what an opponent might want but if you don't automatically mirror their style they give up instead of trying to nurture an opponent.  Sure, not everyone is meant to be a good match for everyone but give it a few minutes at least even if do a mini match to see if can get at same level of play.

3) and if really want their are some dice boards where can set a dice for amount of damage or success of attack if all else fails, like the site below

https://rolz.org/

{alt}

Wild

Online Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 01:46:23 AM »
  I am sure you belong to a mutual admiration society that strokes each others egos,  but until someone actually pays money for something you wrote you are just a no talent hack. :

Given it took you three days and few appearances on the site to think of that reply I can see why you want dice to help you along.

And please feel free to point out my mutual admiration society I am sure they will be as shocked as I when you find them and/or my stories and logs on here that they love and bump up constantly.

There are people with patreons who I feel are no talent hacks so pay has nothing to do with skill, especially on a fetish site. And people have been trying to sell this dice thing as some "new exciting thing" since I joined the site in 2011. If only Gary Gygax had been into JM Rolen not JRR Tolkien..

End of the story, you asked for thoughts and you got some you didn't like and your response makes me think you are frosty at me over some slight  under some other name.  Oh look I rolled a Critical hit !  Good thing I built my character around intelligence instead the usual beauty build found around here.

Online Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 02:06:25 AM »
  Any thoughts.

What you are proposing here is pitting the game theory against the social theory. Namely, that, just as nutmeg says, it would strengthen people's natural desire to present themselves in a better light. This makes sociology an actual spycraft, because in order to perform deep interviews, they need to blend in. Like for example, how a man organically can learn about women discussing physical fights they had, or they wish they had once they're comfortable the men in presence does not pose a threat.

So, in a world where most cyber fighters are already plagued by time zone differences and/or the superhero condition, an idea like this really does only skew things in a more negative direction. Especially because it seems that you take  a rebuttal as a personal attack, when the subject is the idea, not who came up with it. I seem to remember there being a league once who used a 20-side dice to determine moves, and it worked by virtue of being a common decision.

As for writers, you actually could not be more wrong, if you tried. Several high profile names, including journalists, politicians, actors and bankers use ghostwriters. Before O'Reilly went the way he was supposed to, he published the Killing series, which bore his name and what he did not write. Even though Dan Brown, E L James and Stephanie Meyer are writers with adapted novelizations, their run-of-the-mill stories can be thought up in 5 minutes, and sold by marketing for years. I can be and has been commissioned, but I leave it up to people putting interest in my works the decision how I fare as a scribe. There's also this wild idea that some, or possibly many don't want to get paid or work for others to retain full creative control.

That is why i brought up video games or D&D since they have what cyber usually lacks for this sort of thing: a neutral system or umpire. How does what one create stats, determine damage etc.. When it is the Call of Duty video game it is some faceless machine doing you wrong not your skill arguing your damage or stats. Same with D&D and the DM.  The bad people wills till find ways to exploit,  the good likely won't need the system.

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 02:27:08 AM »
  Any thoughts.

That is why i brought up video games or D&D since they have what cyber usually lacks for this sort of thing: a neutral system or umpire. How does what one create stats, determine damage etc.. When it is the Call of Duty video game it is some faceless machine doing you wrong not your skill arguing your damage or stats. Same with D&D and the DM.  The bad people wills till find ways to exploit,  the good likely won't need the system.

I cannot know if you have experiences with it to the extent I had, but man, did I wish a lot of times the GM is Switzerland. If you were to gender swap the party (or just simply write about girls), it's a catfight fest. Why do you have that dice? We agreed to use older ones, you cheated the last time too. Don't sit there, Gary (there's always a Gary), I know you're in cahoots with the GM, you get the good spells for your brother's nudie magazine. I could go on, long story short, more often than not the GM is on a power trip, hard. Naturally they'd say from where they're standing players can't ever be satisfied. Remove the boys, replace them with university cheerleaders and you have your explosive rivalry, leading up to fights.

That said, you're right the system itself should work, but you're also right in expecting people gaming it. To possibly avoid mishaps like the ones happened to Wildatheart, I usually point to my sample writings so people can have a feel for what I'm looking and if it's right for them. Especially because I neither create the narrative to serve the conflict, but build up the conflict through character development to serve the plot, nor do I use stock characters. I also hope I'm not the only one, who doesn't do things on a first chat, that they wouldn't do on a first date. The personalized supply of catfights, except for Japanese offerings are so narrow that there's a ton of niche. Writing 6 paragraphs just to find out the other doesn't like the attire, the setting is frustrating.

Online Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 03:06:26 AM »
  Any thoughts.

I cannot know if you have experiences with it to the extent I had, but man, did I wish a lot of times the GM is Switzerland. If you were to gender swap the party (or just simply write about girls), it's a catfight fest. Why do you have that dice? We agreed to use older ones, you cheated the last time too. Don't sit there, Gary (there's always a Gary), I know you're in cahoots with the GM, you get the good spells for your brother's nudie magazine. I could go on, long story short, more often than not the GM is on a power trip, hard. Naturally they'd say from where they're standing players can't ever be satisfied. Remove the boys, replace them with university cheerleaders and you have your explosive rivalry, leading up to fights.

That said, you're right the system itself should work, but you're also right in expecting people gaming it. To possibly avoid mishaps like the ones happened to Wildatheart, I usually point to my sample writings so people can have a feel for what I'm looking and if it's right for them. Especially because I neither create the narrative to serve the conflict, but build up the conflict through character development to serve the plot, nor do I use stock characters. I also hope I'm not the only one, who doesn't do things on a first chat, that they wouldn't do on a first date. The personalized supply of catfights, except for Japanese offerings are so narrow that there's a ton of niche. Writing 6 paragraphs just to find out the other doesn't like the attire, the setting is frustrating.

As far as D&D the female experience is usually different since.. well much like here there seems to be a bunch of people real casual about rape.. But yes there are a ton of guys who think nothing of gaming the system, using logic leaps to make themselves untouchable (ever encounter the guy too stupid to be affected by alignment concerns? I have ) and much more.

In the end you get groups who are playing it competitively and you get groups wanting to tell a story together. And the two really can't mix well. 

I usually keep examples of my work around as well to show people so they can figure out if they will hate my posts. I also have a rule of a simple fight to start any cyber fight relationship because I hated spending an hour of background for a fight I hated in five minutes.  And I think my current About Me is something that a lot of people can think applies to someone they know :)

Online Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 08:03:33 AM »
Dear sir your last post was removed. My name is Meg. One would think a male your age would have some basic  respect. Granted your stories reveal a male of limited intelligence so maybe that aspect escaped you (can't call you a Man since that does you too much justice)

Also maybe do some basic research of the history of RPGS.  D&D evolved from an actual tactical wargame (Chainmail) and was not a "kiddy game made with sensationalism in mind" TSR stood for Tactical Studies Rules for pete's sake. Its main audience were college and high school students, not kids.

So go back sucking on your moonshine and leave the actual discussion to adults, ok ;) If anyone wants to know who I mean, feel free to ask. But I am amused how the person I am addressing basically does all the things dumb people with alts do ;) I don't have an issue with you yet but you sure are making it so I will eventually. So lose the ass hurt old man.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:43:55 AM by nutmeg »

Offline catfightlover40

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »
Without wishing to ignite a conflict, my observation is, that I'm not just civil with others, because mutually assured survival is common is small groups, but also because I don't pick and choose when an activity is offered freely, and when not. I'd lie if I said, in my teenage years and twenties I wasn't way more focused on getting my "fetish fix" than care about the people providing it, that changed with plenty others. I don't believe in a system, where one gender is by some decree is entitled to more things, which throw supply and demand out of the window. Either if they're just members here or performers in videos, women don't exist to satiate needs without compensation, and courtesy as that would be slavery. I can't be casual about a brutal violation, not because I weren't flawed, rather that I've experienced wherever I went, women have a hard time opening up to someone they don't know, including other women, but also men. Humans are biological, so even if there's no planned, in the heat something can be said that cannot be taken back, that makes one of them regret ever being forthcoming.

The "outtakes" from RPG sessions are in part based in real life, so, yes, I've met people like that. Actually it's true for the fetish world as well (because my impression is that people are casual about racial bigotry too), that letting a subculture mix with others hugely helps not just understanding others, but knowing facts, instead of lore. Every community is part of a social hierarchy, so in contrast with the PR that bookworm nerds all hate jocks because they share a commonality of being bullied goes out the window when one takes into account how a (sociologically speaking) orphaned community has a feeble response on violence, going further in the belief that helps ensure domain. Or, if I were Hellboy, I could have just said they're assholes.

So, cyber is made interesting by virtue of their participants and the baggage they carry. For me the breaking point is the realization which community one belongs to. I just "love it" when some claim, being a catfight fan is not niche, 'cause look, they made great taste, less filling. Sure, if you commically miss the point that it's a don't ask, don't tell advertisement. I might be a straight white dude, but it is niche as people still fear what they don't understand. Thus, in my experience, some treat this niche but a mere extension and act accordingly, meaning if they're otherwise genuinely confrontational (like my ex), the cyber will also be a quick slugfest. Personally I don't think two such mismatching combatants would agree to fight by way of a neutral system.

DottiD

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 10:50:25 AM »
Just my 2 cents on this, if you simply visit a platform like for example chatzy it has a random dice roll effect built into the chat, so as you cyber fight you reach a point where a blow, a hold, or any combination of a moves effect needs to be determined , by simply typing //roll the system randomly developed a sum for each “player” the higher number wins the roll and decision on the move , so basically be as follows... I push back as you stagger I swing a right fist into your cheek, then use your hair to take you down..yt (reply) I block the swing or I get hit as you grab my hair I claw at your cheek.. yt now each chatter on his/her keyboard types //roll and each will see a result of a 20 sided die roll high number wins, upon that result the winner of the roll continues his/her move or reaction with its effect, what makes this a bit more intriguing in a cyber is there is no way to know or predetermine who will win cause it’s all a chance game as you cyberfight