News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Your Preferred Story Length?

• 7 Replies

Offline Rivals Rapture

• God Member
  • Hate & desire -- struggle & sensuality.
    • www.Fights.Sexy - The Home of Female Fight Fiction
Your Preferred Story Length?
« on: January 25, 2019, 12:53:03 AM »
Assuming a story is well-written and hot, how long would you prefer it to be?

A lot of stories on these forums are a page or two, but some, like mine, are super long. Which kind do you prefer?

How about build up? Would you prefer less of that and more fighting? Or do you enjoy a longer build up if it enhances the tale being told.

Offline Maizenblue

• God Member
Re: Your Preferred Story Length?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 02:26:26 AM »
I like a decent opening that really describes what the girls look like(height, weight, skin, and hair color) as well as what they are wearing to fight. Some background on why they are fighting.

The actual fight length can be two to four pages. Since o like one sided fights anything to long can get to be repetitive.

Offline krispin

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 09:19:15 AM »
A good build up with accurate phisycall and psychological description of the women. The good girl is slim and frail the bad one arrogant larger and big titted. A domination going step by step, the intimidaton of the thin, and the nearly onesided fight with the humiliation of the pathetic good girl.

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »
I LOVE a good build up or background to a fight. It adds to the catfight itself. Kind of like a 5 course dinner gets you ready for the main course.

Offline WriteThisWay

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 01:10:00 AM »
It depends on the writer. Some are great at writing longer stories with significant detail, some are better at the quick shot type of story, and some can land safely somewhere in the middle. The only authors I won't read are the ones that are fairly poor at any meaningful aspect of writing and drag their stories several pages/posts beyond their actual writing ability.

AngelaA

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 04:26:32 PM »
I agree with all of the readers! It’s part detail, part buildup, part style.  Unfortunately, most of us readers do not give feedback to our wonderful writers. One way that the Writers could help themselves might be to create a questionnaire at the end of each of their stories so that they could collect feedback.  Perhaps the forum could assist in creating these questionnaires so that the data could be shared and understood by all of its members? Angela

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
  • A husband and wife catfight writing team
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 05:29:39 AM »
Personally, I like to keep the stories relatively short. That said, I try to describe the current physical and mental conditions of the players involved. I also like reoccurring characters that can add some depth and can provide much more detail over time.
Fyre: a 5' 5 1/2", 130lbs, 39 years old, blonde hair and brown eyed brawler.

If you're interested in being in a story feel free to contact us.

We are now on Trillian: Fyrecracka

Offline Rivals Rapture

• God Member
  • Hate & desire -- struggle & sensuality.
    • www.Fights.Sexy - The Home of Female Fight Fiction
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 01:04:12 AM »
Personally, I enjoy stories that gradually escalate the tension between combatants through a patient build up. For some of the more talented writers on this site, the prelude can be as enjoyable as the catfight itself. That's the approach I favour when I write and I think we all subconsciously ape the writing style we enjoy most, even if we aren't deliberately doing so. A patient development of the conflict can make the climax so much more enjoyable (no pun intended). As far as your stories are concerned RivalsRapture, they're tonally and structurally perfect (at least as far as my tastes are concerned). Your website is quickly becoming my 'go-to' spot for steamy catfight fiction.  :)

Regardless, good topic. Looking forward to reading everyone else's views on this.

------------------------------------------

Though I really do not intend this thread or the others I post to be fishing exercises to get myself over or get positive feedback about my own stories, thank you so much. This comment, and your comment on Peace Talks, both have meant so very much to me. You really can't fathom how much. :,)

Having gushed though, I do love all the feedback I am getting on this topic. I really want to understand what people want, and though here, as in all other aspects it seems like there is a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide spectrum, still the comments help.

I know it was mentioned a post story poll, and though I would love that, I would hate to put the designers of FCF to the task of making all that. So that's why I have and will continue to post these threads. So I can learn how much a description of the girls' height and weight is important to some readers, and be sure there are people looking for 2-4 page stories. Super great, all of it.