News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Most important improvement for poll fights

• 1 Replies

Offline User1

• God Member
  • Easy going guy
Most important improvement for poll fights
« on: May 13, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »
I don't know if it is possible to implement this idea technically but I think it would be a huge improvement for poll fights.

I'll start to describe the problem before I give my suggestion for solving it.

Problem:
Women A and Woman B are arguing about who is more beautiful, they talk for hours, weeks, months but can't come to a final decision.

Now they are getting the idea to make a poll fight for letting other people decide the question they both wants to have answered.

Both are very nervous but also aroused because they would finally get a decision and start the poll with their expectations at maximum level.

Now they observe the poll and could see some irregularities happening, for example one is always leading by a specific amount of votes or one has a dramatic lead before they even did a post or posted a picture. This will lower their expectations and make the poll and at least one would doubt the fairness of the poll and maybe declare it invalid. So their question would sttill not been solved...

Solution/Suggestion:
My solution for this problem is, that if a poll gets started both contestants, a moderator or a random calculation would choose a particularized number of fcf- members who are allowed to give their vote in the poll.

This would not only lead to more accepted and less popularity influenced outcomes but would also improve the communication between the fcf-members.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Most important improvement for poll fights
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »
Short answer: Can't be done. We can't control who votes and I don't think the mods picking or a random selection would help matters or make anyone feel better.  We have been looking for a way to limit votes to one per IP but it doesn't seem any other sites consider it much of an issue so don't expect that anytime.