News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Threat to "I'm reporting you to the mods"

• 7 Replies

Offline tommyfighter

• God Member
Threat to "I'm reporting you to the mods"
« on: August 04, 2019, 02:42:03 PM »
Some strange people are on the forum. I had received a post on Friday evening after I fell asleep at the keyboard, so I responded early Saturday morning. The post was a challenge to fight my gf.

A bit later Saturday morning, that person and I chatted. In that chat she challenged my gf again. Since many are here for cyber I have it noted on my profile "only do irl" and I verified this person was asking for irl match. I asked where they were located but did not receive a response. My gf was at work at the time.

Then in the afternoon, that person contacts me again to see if my gf was home. I told her Hannah wanted to know where she was located. She asked why so I responded if not close enough it wouldn't be worth the time talking. I was then  accused of not reading her profile before asking. I checked her profile again and it doesn't show her location so I responded accordingly.

She then accused me of being a pest and harassing her because her profile states "cyber only." I responded back saying you contacted us and evidently did not read my profile saying "irl only."

She then said I am reporting you to the mods. BUT SHE WAS THE ONE THAT INITIATED THE CONTACT!!

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Threat to "I'm reporting you to the mods"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 05:25:59 PM »
Is there a point to this?

For one thing I am aware of no report filed on you or anyone else in the last 24 hours. For another even if it was I sure as fuck won't be discussing it in the open forum.

Most people who do the whole "I'm reporting you" never do it nor would even have a clue how to do it. And of those half of it is stuff the mods have no reason to get involved in.

And lest anyone thinking their hot model pic  and cyber eyes fluttering is all they need to get the mods to do their bidding, we do investigate these complaints and a few of us have experience in that. So make sure it is something real that needs action and not something that is easily handled by just not speaking to the other person and/or using ignore.

If you are honestly concerned about someone filing a complaint a public post isn't the way to deal with it. Ask a mod or admin privately. The big issue is posting it publicly means the issue is now out there for all to see and comment on. So you may end up with a bunch of strangers calling you a horrid person over something that was none of their business before a moderator can respond and/or take the thread off.

Offline ParadigmSift

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »

Then in the afternoon, that person contacts me again to see if my gf was home. I told her Hannah wanted to know where she was located. She asked why.

Just out of curiosity sans any critique:
  • Sooo did you actually mention your GF's name to a stranger you've never met in person? (Besides the mention you made to the entire board, unless "Hannah" is just  your GF's "imaginary name)?
  • Have you ever considered setting up an account for your GF so she could chat with potential combatants at her own leisure instead of you procuring sessions for her?
You don't have to see the entire staircase to miss the first 3 steps and fall headfirst into that final tumble.
When you've run out of time for 12 steps come visit us at "Step 13" (At a neighborhood near you).  HH drink specials for 1st & 5 yr pins.

Offline tommyfighter

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 11:11:57 PM »

For one thing I am aware of no report filed on you or anyone else in the last 24 hours. For another even if it was I sure as fuck won't be discussing it in the open forum.

Most people who do the whole "I'm reporting you" never do it nor would even have a clue how to do it. And of those half of it is stuff the mods have no reason to get involved in.

And lest anyone thinking their hot model pic  and cyber eyes fluttering is all they need to get the mods to do their bidding, we do investigate these complaints and a few of us have experience in that. So make sure it is something real that needs action and not something that is easily handled by just not speaking to the other person and/or using ignore.

If you are honestly concerned about someone filing a complaint a public post isn't the way to deal with it. Ask a mod or admin privately. The big issue is posting it publicly means the issue is now out there for all to see and comment on. So you may end up with a bunch of strangers calling you a horrid person over something that was none of their business before a moderator can respond and/or take the thread off.

The point is, a person used the mods to threaten.

Maybe there should be a way on the Kiwi IRC to report this. No mods or admin were on the chat when this occurred. And I did not spot any appropriate place here to mention this. I was not intending to actually name the person but I do have their name and would be willing to give to a mod.

Offline tommyfighter

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 11:14:25 PM »

Then in the afternoon, that person contacts me again to see if my gf was home. I told her Hannah wanted to know where she was located. She asked why.

• Sooo did you actually mention your GF's name to a stranger you've never met in person? (Besides the mention you made to the entire board, unless "Hannah" is just  your GF's "imaginary name)?
  • Have you ever considered setting up an account for your GF so she could chat with potential combatants at her own leisure instead of you procuring sessions for her?

If you check my profile, her name and picture is there. I am not and have never tried to procure a session for her. This person contacted me trying to procure a session.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 12:05:59 AM »
The next time something like that happens and there are no mods or admins in the chat room contact one of us directly through our profiles so we can look into it.
Also you can go to the person's profile and click on report.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 01:10:54 AM »

The point is, a person used the mods to threaten.

Maybe there should be a way on the Kiwi IRC to report this. No mods or admin were on the chat when this occurred. And I did not spot any appropriate place here to mention this. I was not intending to actually name the person but I do have their name and would be willing to give to a mod.

Yeah because it isn't like we have a private message system for all members on the forum to use with each other. I never understood why this forum specifically can PM 5 people a day then has no idea how they would ever contact the mods using the same system.

Offline ParadigmSift

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »

If you check my profile, her name and picture is there. I am not and have never tried to procure a session for her. This person contacted me trying to procure a session.

Understood. Thank you for providing  this clarification.
You don't have to see the entire staircase to miss the first 3 steps and fall headfirst into that final tumble.
When you've run out of time for 12 steps come visit us at "Step 13" (At a neighborhood near you).  HH drink specials for 1st & 5 yr pins.