News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Is it just me, or are there others who are turned off by extreme violence ?

• 10 Replies

Offline charlir

• God Member
Hi, at first I was happy to discover "Lucha Underground" on demand on the television due to the larger number of wrestling matches involving women in them. F vs F, mixed intergender. I was really enjoying them. But it seemed that the more I watched that it  that the violence increased, particularly to women. I do not like it in men's matches. But I abhor it to women.  I like good matches and erotic is okay. Am I the only one who is turned off by the violence to women in a "match."?

Offline Altered Ego

It's not just you. I've never seen the show but I'm not a fan of overly violent FvsF matches or fights. Personally, the thing I like about FvsF is how it's more about establishing dominance versus how MvsM is more about destroying the other man. To me, that makes FvsF infinitely more interesting than MvsM (and I love MvsM as well but it can't compare to FvsF).
Trillian: AlteredEgo

Offline Fortran Wrench

• Friend, writer and morally bankrupt...
I'm sure you're not alone in this but that's the thing about fetishes and fantasies. Everyone has different tastes.
There's no elevator to success. You'll have to take the stairs.

Offline ParadigmSift

• God Member
Hi, at first I was happy to discover "Lucha Underground" on demand on the television due to the larger number of wrestling matches involving women in them. F vs F, mixed intergender. I was really enjoying them. But it seemed that the more I watched that it  that the violence increased, particularly to women. I do not like it in men's matches. But I abhor it to women.  I like good matches and erotic is okay. Am I the only one who is turned off by the violence to women in a "match."?

I've talked about this a few times and I sincerely disgusted by extreme violence in women's matches.  I'm even more disgusted seeing any violence from a male directed at a female.  This has absolutely nothing to do with any PC or women's rights bullshit so it's not like I'm judging.  I just have absolute disgust and less than zero erotic desire to watch any man punch or slap any woman (with Stacy Dash being a possible exception to the rule).  But seriously, to answer your question:  You're not the only one. ;-)
You don't have to see the entire staircase to miss the first 3 steps and fall headfirst into that final tumble.
When you've run out of time for 12 steps come visit us at "Step 13" (At a neighborhood near you).  HH drink specials for 1st & 5 yr pins.

Offline EJB

• God Member
Every story or poll with something like death match in it is an automatic skip for me. It's one thing for physicality, eroticism, and even humiliation to be involved, but over the top violence and death is just a complete turnoff.

Offline gmenn

• God Member
  • I love catfights and stockinged feet (RHT and FF)
Don't like if the two rivals maim or injure each other. Even more if they fight to death. This would be a total turn off for the sexual arousal I feel when watching women catfighting.
Women fighting is related to pleasure and excitement. Scratching, slapping and pulling hair are perfect for a woman to woman confrontation. Sexual targets are likeable but not a must. I accept non more than skin scratches.

Offline ParadigmSift

• God Member
I'm sure you're not alone in this but that's the thing about fetishes and fantasies. Everyone has different tastes.

"Everyone has different tastes?"  Fuck that noise.  Jeffrey Dahmer had "different tastes".  I wonder if he eventually came to the conclusion that despite our "different tastes" at the end of the day when it's all said and (well) done, we all kind of taste the same.  Although I have no doubt this is NOT what Fortran Wrench intended, I'm sincerely mthrfkng tired of this phrase being used to "ok" or "normalize" every sick dehumanizing portrayal of women and sexuality.  It should serve as a massive red flag and a warning light whenever it's encountered.  As people who enjoy a fetish that is often maligned and Ms. Understood, we should NEVER be ashamed of drawing a line in the sand to distinguish between enjoying the boundaries of sexual expression vs. indulging in the most vile and base nature of extreme idiocy. 

One of the reasons people get angry about seeing off-topic genre's   introduced into their FvsF fetish is not simply due to intolerance.  Some of us see this as a direct pervasive attempt by fringe mentalities to introduce (and potentially coerce camaraderie) by forcing abhorent imagery into our fetish.  When was the last time you saw depictions of 2 women fighting with knives or blades with simulated lacerations all over their bodies?  It's not being intolerant to suggest if someone is sexually aroused at the thought of another human being lacerated, cut, stabbed in a physical altercation or competition MAYBE a few bats are missing from the belfry and you're a couple fries short of a happy meal.  It's not a coincidence (to me) that, more often than not, the humans depicted in these types of over-the-top violence are typically women. I sincerely believe we're living in a society where we increasingly attempt to normalize  being sexually aroused by women being physically harmed. This is NOT an attack on Fortran Wrench or anything he's said.  I just keep noticing this 4-word phrase popping up and find myself wondering if I'm in a remake of John Carpenter's "They Live." 

P.S.  Cobol Clamp and Lisp Link say "Hi". ;-)
You don't have to see the entire staircase to miss the first 3 steps and fall headfirst into that final tumble.
When you've run out of time for 12 steps come visit us at "Step 13" (At a neighborhood near you).  HH drink specials for 1st & 5 yr pins.

Offline charlir

• God Member
When I first started watching the series I thought  that I had found a show that I liked. A nice amount of matches that involved ladies. In the beginning they seemed "fair" and it was a joy seeing the women frequently win. More like the scientific matches as they used to call them when they are based on skill, But now often times during a match the women are kicked in the head or face slammed into the mat by the men and often stomped on in various sites of the body. I know that these matches are pre decided and arranged but I am glad that my children  are not watching these and thereby thinking that this the norm for society,

Offline lumberjack66

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
    • Honored to have a few stories at Fightsexy
I think the "we all have different tastes" is absolutely true here.  Some things that drive some people wild here do nothing for me.  And I am 99.9% sure some of my "things" do nothing for them.  And I think this is part of the reason the market has a hard time dealing with us.  We are just too fractured a sub group to cater to any of us really.  There is a group here that extreme stuff absolutely works for.  A few of them I really worry for.  But I also think there is a HUGE difference between fantasy and reality.  I think there may be some validity to the Gateway images, but there is nothing that makes you follow that path.  For example, I liked the early California Wildcat video.  What they must have discovered is the audience for competitive lesbianism is larger than the pure catfight with a story audience.  So they shifted their videos to cater to the larger audience.  That doesn't make me a fan of their new product.  I am guessing your Lucha Underground is going through the same thing.  If it makes you uncomfortable you absolutely should stop watching it.  Not only because you are not enjoying it, but to let them know you are not enjoying it.  Maybe they will see their audience leaving and change their product back.

I do get a littlle uncomfortable here when we start judging each other especially for our fantasy.  I suspect if shrinks ever took a hard look at us, we'd all be on the spectrum for something.  If somebody  was turned on by artistic depictions of a female knife fight I don't think that means they are Jeffrey Dahmer.  Of course if there are people paying to watch actual fights to the death (male, female, or otherwise) I think a firing squad is perfectly reasonable.  But condemnation for different Tastes when all of our tastes are socially questionable here seems a bit silly.  If you don't like somebody else's stuff here, close the window and drive on.  No harm, no foul.
I love catfights and chatting.  Look me up on trillian at ljack66   (I think... just figuring Trillian out)

Offline Sandman13

• God Member
  • https://www.freecatfights.com/forums/index.php?act
I'm not judging anyone who likes it bloody and violent but it's not for me. A black eye or fat lip is about as far as I like to go in my stories.

Offline Rivals Rapture

• God Member
  • Hate & desire -- struggle & sensuality.
    • www.Fights.Sexy - The Home of Female Fight Fiction
Re: Is it just me, or are there others who are turned off by extreme violence ?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 01:27:21 AM »
Hmm, there is an audience for everything in this community.

But personally, I only enjoy heavy violence if the emotions of the match or the story justify it and make it feel like the only possible consequence of two women's hatred for one another.

When it just happens, as a matter of course, it feels discordant -- at least to me.